Where was the black coat official today-- officiating in today's playoff game?

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

How many freaking times was River getting away with delay of game?

Well you see, the play clock has to hit zero. The referee has to look at his watch to confirm the zero. He then has to look at the ball. Then he has to look back up at the play clock to make sure that the first zero wasn’t a mirage. Then back down to his watch to make sure there are no glitches in the Matrix. Then back up to the ball. If is still not snapped, he/she then the makes the call.

Edited by JDubya76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Could you imagine the hell the league would get if we somehow managed to lose this game after that BS? I've seen some really, really bad calls and this one hits the top 5 list easy. I'd be losing it in all honesty if we lost after that.

I'm just glad we were able to beat the Colts and refs this game. The amount of O line holding or better yet tackles was absurd. Indy did not have 1 offensive penalty all game. Felt like I was watching the old Patriots on O. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

That really looked like a fumble, but other than that I liked the refs today a lot. Very few flags. They let the players play and didn't call every little thing, only the really obvious ones. It was good for my nerves once I realized I didn't have to look for a flag after every successful Bills play. Since we won I'm willing to forgive Fumblegate.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Well you see, the play clock has to hit zero. The referee has to look at his watch to confirm the zero. He then has to look at the ball. Then he has to look back up at the play clock to make sure that the first zero wasn’t a mirage. Then back down to his watch to make sure there are no glitches in the Matrix. Then back up to the ball. If is still not snapped, he/she then the makes the call.

That is the official position.

This is an easy tech fix:  when the clock hits zero a buzzer goes off on the official watching the ball.  If not hiked, penalty. No need to look up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

That is the official position.

This is an easy tech fix:  when the clock hits zero a buzzer goes off on the official watching the ball.  If not hiked, penalty. No need to look up.

Quick fix.........Referee and QB shock collars. When the clock hits zero.....boom taser, they all fall down.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I got to say. Other than that blown call, which damn near cost us the game, I thought this was the best officiated game I've ever seen. The three play sequence before the half on the Bills TD drive the officials were spot on all three calls. And all three helped the Bills.

Also, was there a single false start or offensive holding call for either team all game? A really clean game overall and well officiated until that missed fumble call.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Could you imagine the hell the league would get if we somehow managed to lose this game after that BS? I've seen some really, really bad calls and this one hits the top 5 list easy. I'd be losing it in all honesty if we lost after that.

I'm just glad we were able to beat the Colts and refs this game. The amount of O line holding or better yet tackles was absurd. Indy did not have 1 offensive penalty all game. Felt like I was watching the old Patriots on O. 

That non fumble call was bad but I still think the Knox reception that was ruled an INT even after replay review was worse.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Right, so why not snap the ball with 1 sec or more left. Rivers was purposely sucking as much time as possible,  no reason to wait until 0 to snap the ball