Keep your head up and stay hungry, Josh

Simon

40 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

it really wasnt his fault. He escaped the first sack bc of his size and athleticism. He had no way of knowing another guy was going to be right there. The fumble was a bit weird with how the defender’s arm hit the ball. If Allen was an avg QB he wouldve been sacked by the first defender and really no harm no foul. 

He held the ball a lot today which I really don't have a big problem with because he makes so many plays doing it.

But in that situation he has to get the ball out immediately, even if its just a checkdown for minimal game on 1st down to keep the clock moving.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

too many designed QB runs for my taste, Allen was pressing at times, but threw several passes that were fantastic and kept drives alive. 

Playoff win, another monkey off his back, next game maybe he will be more focused. 

A guy who was at the game was saying that the Colts were playing their safeties deep and basically daring them to run the ball. It's not his fault he happens to be our best runner.

9 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Daryl Williams picked him up.  That was a pure heart play.  The offense recovers that fumbled maybe 5% of the time.

Truth. I watched the replay and that big man was like "I'ma be Superman for a minute"

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have flashbacks to the Houston playoff game

Yes that play was very Houstonesque but he'll learn from these mistakes and live to fight another day. The Knox TD was a similar play that we all cheered. As the team would admit today we left "meat on the bone",

16 minutes ago, gordong said:

324 yards 2 TD passing + 1 rushing reminds anyone of the Houston game????... I remember that game much differently. Even Coach Cowher was like Josh was ballin all game long... he knows. 

It's tough w/ JA.  He really can't make a mistake, or it's a "flashback to Houston."

I watched all of the games today.  The other QB's all had mental mistakes - it's part of the game.  That sack/fumble was really Josh's only genuinely bad moment - out of a whole game where he was otherwise pretty spectacular.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

too many designed QB runs for my taste, Allen was pressing at times, but threw several passes that were fantastic and kept drives alive. 

Playoff win, another monkey off his back, next game maybe he will be more focused. 

I’m seeing this commentary a lot around here. I doubt even half of Allen’s runs were designed or even called and I’m fairly certain he’d acknowledge this. HE either audibled or ad libbed nearly every run sans the TD Pass to Knox. It’s who he is.

Some say Good Josh/Bad Josh, some say Sugar Rush Josh. His belief in himself to make things happen and change the momentum of events is his most special attribute. Get used to it, ferchristsake. It’s the one aspect that hasn’t changed since High School. 

Its called ‘the Josh Allen Experience’. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It was a difficult game for Josh as the pass plays called were for a lot of deep routes, notice that Brown only had 2 targets. The Colts played a very, very deep zone and kept everything in front of them. Brown, just couldn't get past them. They were daring the Bills to run OR throw the check down. Which, I thought Daboll would have adjusted to that and gone to the check down, but he didn't. He decided to go with the QB runs, hoping to shrink and soften the zone.  I suppose the reason he did that is because the Bills run game just wasn't effective. I would have preferred they went to the short passing game. Screens, quick throws and dump offs. Death my a thousand paper cuts. We know Allen can do that.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes that play was very Houstonesque but he'll learn from these mistakes and live to fight another day. The Knox TD was a similar play that we all cheered. As the team would admit today we left "meat on the bone",

Was it really a mistake?  What is there to learn?  That’s what Josh has been doing his entire career.  Fighting off sacks, running around and finding WRs in scrambles.  Just so happened that after he broke the first tackle, there was another guy there immediately.  

this IS Josh Allen.  When other QBs crumble, Josh stiff arms people and makes say “this friggin guy”.  It may cause for some bad plays from time to time, but I can’t recall too many this year.  I love it.  Do you Josh Allen

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gordong said:

324 yards 2 TD passing + 1 rushing reminds anyone of the Houston game????... I remember that game much differently. Even Coach Cowher was like Josh was ballin all game long... he knows. 

Hear, hear. Immediately after the game was over Boomer, a QB, said Josh had a great game.  That was immediately backed up by Cowher and Phil Simms. They didn’t focus on that play but rather his play in aggregate.