Playoff Game Postgame Thread

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it’s weird, I didn’t even come close to crying after the final whistle.  I was more euphoric.

If we make it to the Big Dance I’ll probably cry a little, though.

Yeah, we were definitely euphoric (and relieved and then tired).

I guess my wife saw him though and started getting teary eyed.

When they didn’t overturn the obvious fumble, my brother started to get emotional and said that if they lose now that he was going to ball. 🤣

Edited by BillsFan619

3 hours ago, Merle said:

Three things from this game worry me going forward in the playoffs:

1.  Designed QB runs are back from some reason - way too many, and mostly not effective, and exposed Josh to unnecessary hits.  Yes, the first one down near the goal line worked, but the second one was nearly a disaster ... that Josh turned into a "fluke" TD to Knox.

2.  "Bad Josh" showed up on the play where he lost 20 yards on a sack and nearly fumbled it away when the Bills  were within FG range near the end of the game.   

3.  Pass rush was pretty much non-existent.

4. Colts essentially left 7 points on the table (going for it on 4th down instead of FG, going for 2 instead of 1, doinked 33-yd FG) and lost by 3. 

On the other hand, this was exactly the type of game that the "old Bills" definitely would have lost somehow (either on that "hail Mary", or some other way).   The fact that they won "in spite of themselves" against a Colts team that was much better than anyone thought is a positive.

Go Bills!

Isn't that 4 points?  Which one are you not worried about?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

On the Refs!

Thought we got the correct calls all day!

Ergo, no surprise we got boned at the end. 

Fortunately, it was Joan Rivers, not Rodgers or the GOAT!

Rivers has never won a big game in his life!

Yet - he was 5-0 in wild card games.

This was a game he typically wins.

Kudos to the Bill for finding a way to win.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Many of us FG doubted that pick.  It's a good thing Beane doesn't listen to us.

Yup! Admittedly, I was one of them.

He did start to win me over in his rookie year though. Even through his rookie struggles, you could tell that he had “it”.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Isn't that 4 points?  Which one are you not worried about?

Ha!   You're right - I guess I've been convinced not to worry about #2 "Bad Josh" anymore.  😉   That was probably more of a "knee-jerk" reaction to watching Bills teams find a way to "grab defeat from the jaws of victory" over the years.   So glad those days are over!

Edited by Merle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yet - he was 5-0 in wild card games.

This was a game he typically wins.

Kudos to the Bill for finding a way to win.

I feel a lot of fans don't remember how tough it is in the playoffs.

I mean the bills loss their last 6!

Next Week is a completely new season that lasts 1 game.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He's not a very good #2?  Are you serious?  Nah you cant be.

He's been a #3 for most of his career for a reason. He has a history of dropping the ball in critical situations. He looks better than he really is because Josh Allen elevates the players around him. I know it's not a popular take but I've been saying this since last year when people on here were seriously trying to argue he is a #1 WR. He is really just a decent route runner with above average speed and average hands. We needed him to make a play in Houston last year and he couldn't do it.

Baldy's Breakdowns on some of Josh Allen's plays

I understand they were all taking a very Colts-centric view of the loss but I wish someone had asked Reich if they still felt facing Watson prepared them for playing Josh Allen.  Again, I think Watson is a very very very good QB, and I understand that from a 10,000 ft view they have similar numbers, I just think that they play differently (without being able to articulate why).