Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Layoffs aren’t related to the size of marketing budgets. They are tied to workforce restructure plans

Technically, but it’s all from the same pool of money... all budgets within Highmak come from that pool. By the way, who owns Highmark BCBS, does anyone know? They are a PA based corporation per a quick google search.

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

you going to the game ? 

where you tailgating at ?

in most conversations about the bills.....saying the proper name of the stadium is hardly mentioned

9 out of 10 times...."the stadium" is used

probably nowhere this coming season.

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Technically, but it’s all from the same pool of money... all budgets within Highmak come from that pool. By the way, who owns Highmark BCBS, does anyone know? They are a PA based corporation per a quick google search.

Yes but they aren’t related to each other in how and why they are done. To look at that way is way too simplistic. For example I work for a bank that is acquiring another bank. There are workforce restructures taking place that will eliminate thousands from both banks due to position duplication, etc. The acquiring bank has its name on multiple sports arenas. They won’t be removing the name to save jobs. The marketing of the brand is completely separate from right -sizing operations. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Bills were seeking $6 million annually last year, SBJ reports, but it is not known what Highmark paid for naming rights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/29/report-bills-rename-stadium-to-highmark-stadium-after-naming-rights-deal/amp/

That would be chump change if BCBS gets the contract of a large company for their insurance based upon the Bills relationship.

I think people don't realize how much companies pay for health insurance.  If BCBS can use Bills game and previous partners to get their company to switch, it is a great investment.

Edited by Back2Buff

Yes but they aren’t related to each other in how and why they are done. To look at that way is way too simplistic. For example I work for a bank that is acquiring another bank. There are workforce restructures taking place that will eliminate thousands from both banks due to position duplication, etc. The acquiring bank has its name on multiple sports arenas. They won’t be removing the name to save jobs. The marketing of the brand is completely separate from right -sizing operations. 

I understand how and why corporations use that thought process, and how mergers negatively impact the lives of those former gainfully employed fellow country men and women, but this is not the place for such a discussion.... so I won’t comment further, 

Go Bills!!!

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

As soulless corporate stadium names go, Highmark is actually WAY better than many.

It’s really not bad at all.

People will always find ways to complain about pretty much anything, I guess.

And people will always find ways to accept mediocrity. 

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Let's just call it "The Shield." I like that.

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Someone paid millions of dollars to put their name on a stadium that most will continue to refer to as "the Ralph." Ok.

The Shield.

51XN3ftupeL.jpg

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

“Revised” stadium study complete...with a nod to “economic factors”....

Sounds to me like we’re staying in OP for a while.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/pegula-sports-and-entertainment-revised-study-of-stadium-complete-will-share-findings-with-state-county

Edited by 4_kidd_4
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mcg said:

I just wasted an hour watching a movie at work ..

Miss Robinson can thank you for not having her bills on time 

We watched it last night and couldn’t stop

laughing. This movie is on another level! 😂 Like it or not it will always be associated to the Bills Stadium now 😂

• Disagree 1