2021 NFL Draft Order (Non-Playoff Teams)

[I checked the first 3 pages and used the search function too for this topic. Please remove/lock if this is not a good post.]

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/04/nfl-draft-2021-order-pick-by-pick-list

Here's the NFL draft order following the Week 17 results:

1. Jacksonville (1-15)

2. N.Y. Jets (2-14)

3. Miami (10-6) (via Houston)

4. Atlanta (4-12)

5. Cincinnati (4-11-1)

6. Philadelphia (4-11-1)

7. Detroit (5-11)

8. Carolina (5-11)

9. Denver (5-11)

10. Dallas (6-10)

11. N.Y. Giants (6-10)

12. San Francisco (6-10)

13. L.A. Chargers (7-9)

14. Minnesota (7-9)

15.New England (7-9)

16. Arizona (8-8)

17. Las Vegas (8-8)

18. Miami (10-6)

-----------------------------------------

19. Washington (7-9)

20. Chicago (8-8)

21. Jacksonville (1-15) (via L.A. Rams)

22. Indianapolis (11-5)

23. Cleveland (11-5)

24. Tennessee (11-5)

25. Tampa Bay (11-5)

26. Baltimore (11-5)

27. N.Y. Jets (2-14) (via Seattle)

28. Pittsburgh (12-4)

29. New Orleans (12-4)

30. Buffalo (13-3)

31. Green Bay (13-3)

32. Kansas City (14-2)

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder how married the Dolphins are to Tua... They have a top 3 pick...

Unless they view him as a bust who they need to get something for him before the rest of the league knows what they do, like Arizona did with Rosen, they are stuck with him and can't draft a QB at 3.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Unless they view him as a bust who they need to get something for him before the rest of the league knows what they do, like Arizona did with Rosen, they are stuck with him and can't draft a QB at 3.

Happened with Rosen, is all I'm saying. Tua has been a liability for them. But it is likely not to happen. Would be crazy if it did, though...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Happened with Rosen, is all I'm saying. Tua has been a liability for them. But it is likely not to happen. Would be crazy if it did, though...

I don’t think it is impossible if they love the guy the Jets don’t pick and they have questions about Tua.  It’s harsh, but their alternative is a well coach solid roster with a QB they think is bad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Rosen was seen by Arizona as a bust who played so poorly they got the #1 pick in the draft.  Tua won more games than he lost, there is no similarity between the two other than they both played for the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder how married the Dolphins are to Tua... They have a top 3 pick...

I don’t see them bailing on him already.  Trevor would have to be available, and I still doubt it would happen.  

I’d say it’s a 99% probability 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not out of the question. We don’t know how they truly feel about Tua in that building, or whether they are willing to admit their mistake this early in the process.  It will be interesting to see if they re-sign Fitz.  

Edited by mannc

12 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Rosen was seen by Arizona as a bust who played so poorly they got the #1 pick in the draft.  Tua won more games than he lost, there is no similarity between the two other than they both played for the Dolphins.

Not completely what happened with Rosen. He played poorly enough on a bad team that they ended up with #1 and they felt Murray was too good to pass. Had Murray played baseball as originally planned the Cardinals would have tried to get something out of Rosen. That was not a good class had Murray not changed his mind. 

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t see them bailing on him already.  Trevor would have to be available, and I still doubt it would happen.  

I’d say it’s a 99% probability 

Just depends on how they feel about him. They've already benched him multiple times for Fitzpatrick, and you know he would have been benched against the Bills if Fitzpatrick was available.

I personally thought there was no way the Cardinals would move on from Rosen that fast, but as the draft got closer it started looking more and more likely.

I don't think it will happen. But it isn't out of the question, I think.

Edited by MJS

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not out of the question. We don’t know how they truly feel about Tua in that building, or whether they are willing admit their mistake this early in the process.  It will be interesting to see if they re-sign Fitz.  

I don't think it is out of the question either. If we assume, which after the weekend maybe we can again, that it is Lawrence #1 and Fields #2 it comes down to how does Miami feel about those other guys as much as how does it feel about Tua. The other option in Miami is they go a vet upgrade on Fitz route if a Matt Stafford for example hits the market. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Just depends on how they feel about him. They've already benched him multiple times for Fitzpatrick, and you know he would have been benched against the Bills if Fitzpatrick was available.

I personally thought there was no way the Cardinals would move on from Rosen that fast, but as the draft got closer it started looking more and more likely.

I don't think it will happen. But it isn't out of the question, I think.

The big difference from the Cards situation is they had #1 and there was a real talent sitting there. If the Dolphins had the #1 pick this year they'd pick Trevor Lawrence. 100%. At #3 they are likely down to their 3rd preference. That might tilt it back in favour of keeping Tua. 

They should absolutely do their due diligence on Quarterbacks for that spot though. And if they think there is a better option pick him. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not completely what happened with Rosen. He played poorly enough on a bad team that they ended up with #1 and they felt Murray was too good to pass. Had Murray played baseball as originally planned the Cardinals would have tried to get something out of Rosen. That was not a good class had Murray not changed his mind. 

kind of happens when you pick a statue and expect it to dodge.

31 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think he is popular in Miami and they are not looking to move on from him.

The CW is that he will be a good one, at least within that organization.

That 3rd overall pick, and 2 in the top 20 is going to really help Miami next year if they pick wisely.

They will be more of a concern for us, sooner, than New England will IMO.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it is out of the question either. If we assume, which after the weekend maybe we can again, that it is Lawrence #1 and Fields #2 it comes down to how does Miami feel about those other guys as much as how does it feel about Tua. The other option in Miami is they go a vet upgrade on Fitz route if a Matt Stafford for example hits the market. 

It will be interesting.  Even if Fields is available, I suspect the Dolphins won’t be able to resist taking Chase or Sewell.  They probably want to see how Tua does with better weapons—although IMO he had some pretty good ones this year.  Maybe they use one of their second round picks on a QB...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

kind of happens when you pick a statue and expect it to dodge.

Indeed. Changes the whole rebuild plan. If they stuck with Rosen they need to majorly fortify the oline. I suppose that is the question for Miami.... if they are sticking with Tua then who or what is the piece around him they need to upgrade? I think it is likely a genuine elite route runner as well as interior oline help. 

13 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I am glad that we are not debating the draft and if the Bills will trade up or down.  

If we end up at the end of round 1 in those last 3 or 4 picks you are in prime trade down territory in a normal year. Less sure teams will be trading up for guys in 2021 at the end of the first though given the limited evaluation during this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

My early gut feel which may be contrary to most people’s expectations is that the Jets stick with Darnold and Miami takes a QB at 3 ( or 2 if they trade up) ...

They should consider trading out of #2, They can't get Lawrence anyway. Worse case go for a QB the following draft, you risk missing out on a Mahomes but that isn't happening too often and they need a lot of pieces.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

My early gut feel which may be contrary to most people’s expectations is that the Jets stick with Darnold and Miami takes a QB at 3 ( or 2 if they trade up) ...

New coach must love Darnold for that to happen.  I'm sure it will be the main thing discussed between the FO and the potential hire.  

If new hire says they want Fields, Darnold is getting traded to Washington or Atlanta.  Something like that.  No way in conference.

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If we end up at the end of round 1 in those last 3 or 4 picks you are in prime trade down territory in a normal year. Less sure teams will be trading up for guys in 2021 at the end of the first though given the limited evaluation during this season. 

Now we can wait until AFTER the playoffs to worry about this.  :)

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think everyone knows he sucks...they should have buried him yesterday as a close contact and maybe kept a bit of value ;)