Week 17 SNF: Washington Football Team at Eagles

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

But it made no sense. Sudfeld has absolutely zero chance of ever being an NFL starter. Hurts you just drafted and your likely losing Wentz. Hurts is all your going to have left. Play the guy. Playing a bum who isn’t going to be in the NFL next season made zero sense. You’d have a better chance of winning by just calling QB draws with Hurts. He has at least some talent. 

Look Pederson is weird, always has been.  I can't explain his actions.  I would have left Hurts in to see if he could rebound and lead the Eagles to a 4th quarter win.  What I'm complaining about is the notion that Hurts is a good QB.  His passing game was very average in college and it looks pretty bad so far in the NFL. 

Going for it from the 4, down 3, was bad.  

Benching Hurts is one thing, but if you have Wentz demanding a trade, shouldn’t you be seeing what Hurts can do?   

Nobody buys for one second that the Eagles needed to “evaluate” Nate Sudfeld. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Look Pederson is weird, always has been.  I can't explain his actions.  I would have left Hurts in to see if he could rebound and lead the Eagles to a 4th quarter win.  What I'm complaining about is the notion that Hurts is a good QB.  His passing game was very average in college and it looks pretty bad so far in the NFL. 

I can see why Wentz is asking out of there even though he had a bad year. Philly is managing itself like Philly fans do.

• Like (+1) 1

So why would Philly really care whether WFT or the Giants play the Bucs next week?

I mean, Pederson is treating it like a preseason game, but we've seen that before ... remember when Miami started some guy named David Fales against us? Or hell, when WE started Cardale Jones?

Seems like Al and Collinsworth are getting a bit overheated about something that's not really that big a deal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So why would Philly really care whether WFT or the Giants play the Bucs next week?

I mean, Pederson is treating it like a preseason game, but we've seen that before ... remember when Miami started some guy named David Fales against us? Or hell, when WE started Cardale Jones?

Seems like Al and Collinsworth are getting a bit overheated about something that's not really that big a deal.

Professionalism or integrity.  Pick either word.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I mean odds are the motivation for this game was to screw over the WTF.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My guess is the Giants are close to having some success next year and they wouldn't want to give Daniel Jones the experience, but more than that it seems to me the Eagles (or Doug Pederson anyway) are absolutely losing this on purpose to improve draft position.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

You obviously didn't watch the Broncos Entire QB Room Ineligible Based on COVID Protocols game.

Ah, good point. I did skip that one. 

What is Sudfeld even doing

Sudfeld looks like they grabbed someone from in front of the stadium, put a uniform and shoulder pads on him, and told him to go play football