Week 17 Around the League

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The fact that I like Alex Smith and Ron Rivera and Logan Thomas forces me to pull for Daniel Snyder's team tonight.

I agree about Smith and Rivera, but I hate Little Danny more than any owner in the NFL!

GO EAGLES!

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Didn't the 7-9 Seahawks win a a playoff game?

Because I could see the WFT (but not the Giants) pulling off a first round upset. Particularly if they match up with Tampa.

Yes.  In 2010 they beat the Saints in the game where beastmode Lynch went on that long run to seal it.

I don't think it's premature to say that Derrick Henry might be a historical force. Like one of the best ever. These last two seasons of his have been unreal and he's running for 200+ a game regularly at this point. He's a terrifying human and I wouldn't mind avoiding him in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The fact that I like Alex Smith and Ron Rivera and Logan Thomas forces me to pull for Daniel Snyder's team tonight.

Logan Thomas is one of the best stories of the year. A legit, good, TE. It's cool to see.

And lastly, Broncos have really turned into a bottom dweller. Elway is no Beane, that's for sure. That team is a mess. A mess facing QB purgatory, so they may be a mess for awhile.

Edited by Nelius

19 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don't think it's premature to say that Derrick Henry might be a historical force. Like one of the best ever. These last two seasons of his have been unreal and he's running for 200+ a game regularly at this point. He's a terrifying human and I wouldn't mind avoiding him in the playoffs.

Logan Thomas is one of the best stories of the year. A legit, good, TE. It's cool to see.

And lastly, Broncos have really turned into a bottom dweller. Elway is no Beane, that's for sure. That team is a mess. A mess facing QB purgatory, so they may be a mess for awhile.

The Broncos remind me a lot of the Bills in the Jauron/Gailey days. They always seem to be a player or two or a bounce or two away from being a playoff team, and most of the time field a pretty good defense and have some playmakers on offense. But there's no QB, there's no plan to get a QB, and there's enough horrible unforced draft errors to get most GMs (other than Elway) fired several times over.

That idea is deadly to a franchise, the "we're just a decent QB and one more star playmaker away" thing. It causes you to do things like try to get over the hump by bringing in Case Keenum or Joe Flacco, or drafting Bradley Chubb because on your own Elway-chart Josh Allen just isn't a Top 10 overall talent. And then you get desperate and realize you HAVE to draft a QB, but it's a year when only EJ Manuels are coming out, or when your obstinate mediocrity prevents you from ever picking high enough to get a Lawrence or Fields.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

The Broncos remind me a lot of the Bills in the Jauron/Gailey days. They always seem to be a player or two or a bounce or two away from being a playoff team, and most of the time field a pretty good defense and have some playmakers on offense. But there's no QB, there's no plan to get a QB, and there's some enough horrible unforced draft errors to get most GMs (other than Elway) fired several times over.

Couldn't agree more! Actually compared them to that Bills era last week. Plus all of Bowlen's kids fighting over the team. They really are a mess. I actually feel bad for Von Miller and think we'll see him in a new uniform soon.

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Couldn't agree more! Actually compared them to that Bills era last week. Plus all of Bowlen's kids fighting over the team. They really are a mess. I actually feel bad for Von Miller and think we'll see him in a new uniform soon.

Elway's sentimentality and the "we're just a player or two and some better luck away" thing may prevent that from happening. There IS talent on this team, but instead of thinking outside the box and trying to build around younger/cheaper talent they just handed LT Garrett Bolles a ridiculous extension, as if that's their main issue. Again, shades of the Bills in the bad old days.

• SDS unpinned this topic