WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

41 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How good could TJ Graham have been with Josh to throw and better coaches?

I guess we’ll never know. Lol. But, he’s no Gabriel Davis. 

Honestly, I never understood what they saw in TJ Graham to not only draft him, but move up to do it. Sure, some of that is hindsight, but he wasn’t setting college football ablaze statistically and he wasn’t a very fluid athlete. He was slight of frame, didn’t have good hands, and didn’t seem to be the high football IQ type either. Only having straight line speed with little else was a reach and giant waste of a 3rd rd pick. But, anyway, I digress. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I know I’m in the minority but I still like the idea of Duke Williams out there with Diggs & Smoke. 
Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

Duke as the third option looks a lot better than the WC game last year when he was basically the first option (or maybe 1B, if you are ranking deep threat Pat DiMarco at 1A). 

2 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I know I’m in the minority but I still like the idea of Duke Williams out there with Diggs & Smoke. 
Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

There's a reason why Jake Kumerow played and Bills looking for multiple receivers instead of having Duke Williams on the team. He flat out stinks.

39 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

There's a reason why Jake Kumerow played and Bills looking for multiple receivers instead of having Duke Williams on the team. He flat out stinks.

I just think they are looking for WR's that can separate instead of playing basketball to catch footballs.

I actually dont think Duke is that bad......but the more quality speed on the field the better

• Like (+1) 2

Great to sign Stills to bolster the receiving group. I put my money on Beasley being ready to go for 1st playoff game with how much of a diehard gamer he is. I don't understand why people are still saying Brown is a health question mark when he's been cleared to play. He was on the COVID close contact list against the Pats if I'm not mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Thank you for identifying this. I have read (this morning) Stills being called "trash" and an "idiot". I thoroughly enjoy Two Bills Drive and its football discourse. I do not understand, and am offended by, the willingness of some to ignorantly (no real knowledge of whom they speak) use extremely negative descriptions. Just my two cents. 

It's reflective of our society today, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Sucks the Covid protocol strings this out. Would’ve loved for them to make this decision a week or 2 ago to get him in here learning the offense. Maybe get some run this week. If he’s “maybe” cleared to start practicing next week, are we really going to use him and make him active on game day? I guess if we only ask him to do a couple things it might work with his speed. 

Also, if he signs a 1 year deal with us, is it really only a playoff deal vs. a true 1 year? In other words, will he be a FA this spring? I seem to recall Kelvin Benjamin signing with the Chiefs late in the year a few seasons ago on a 1 year deal and he became a FA that year (that no one wanted 😯). Could be wrong on that though.  

Please see my string of response to you from earlier on this.  The fact that McD mentioned that Beane has been looking at him for several weeks tells you the Bills would of liked him in weeks ago, but financially it makes no sense for Stills to sign any earlier than the end of the regular season.  It was not going to have an impact on his pay because of his guaranteed contract with Houston.  

Now he can get a small bonus and take vet minimum and it does not matter as the players are no longer paid per game.  Anything he makes now is extra money - so it was smart for him to wait and find a team that can go far in the playoffs - rather than sign weeks ago and get on a dud team.

Most likely any contract they sign right now would just be for the playoffs and they view him as insurance for an injury at any WR position.  I just don’t see them giving another year at this point and then they let him walk as a potential Comp pick player as a FA.

• Thank you (+1) 2

https://13wham.com/amp/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/wr-kenny-still-signs-in-buffalo

FWIW... I understand he still needs to get through the covid protocols and is probably just a formality at this point. Not from the Buffalo area so I don't know how reliable the source is. Just figured I'd throw the report into the mix. 

52 minutes ago, Steve Evans said:

It's reflective of our society today, unfortunately.

So true, lots of knee jerk / knavel gazing as an art form going on from those trying desperately to keep up...

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Please see my string of response to you from earlier on this.

There are a lot of us “Process” guys running around here, so I don’t think it was me you were replying to. Nevertheless, good post and I don’t disagree with your take. Makes sense. 

2 hours ago, FLbills said:

https://13wham.com/amp/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/wr-kenny-still-signs-in-buffalo

FWIW... I understand he still needs to get through the covid protocols and is probably just a formality at this point. Not from the Buffalo area so I don't know how reliable the source is. Just figured I'd throw the report into the mix. 

This a reputable source, it's the local abc tv channel, but...

...this is a non-story. Clickbait, speculation headline that does not offer new info beyond twitter posts that were already posted on this forum.

This is why people hate the media these days.

Edited by Heavy Kevi
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Honestly, I never understood what they saw in TJ Graham to not only draft him, but move up to do it. Sure, some of that is hindsight, but he wasn’t setting college football ablaze statistically and he wasn’t a very fluid athlete. He was slight of frame, didn’t have good hands, and didn’t seem to be the high football IQ type either. Only having straight line speed with little else was a reach and giant waste of a 3rd rd pick. But, anyway, I digress. 

I think you could have said the same about Zay Jones haha...

Maybe they liked his moves to avoid being captured while running around naked.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The problem with Brown is when the Bills signed Brown to a contract last off-season, they very likely were expecting to draft a WR the following year in a deep draft class.   If they had done that under a rookie contract, Browns contract would be fine, but once they traded for Diggs, Browns contract is way to high for a #2 WR who has also missed half the year and proven to be not all that needed.  The Bills have one of the highest amounts of salary cap dedicated to the WR group next season BTW, around 15%.  There are some teams higher, but coincidentally those are also the teams over the cap next year.

It would be great to have Brown back next year, but can't see it happening without him taking a large pay cut like maybe cut his salary in half.   IMO signing Feliciano, Williams and Milano to extensions would help the team more than keeping Brown around as they've already shown they can win without him.  Yes there's others you can also cut to save money, but very few would generate a savings of $8 mil.   Not to say you can't still sign someone else for much less that has the speed factor too to replace that one skill set.  If Stills is signed that may be his role.

There is plenty of room for brown.  Restructure him and lets keep band together.  Pretty sure him and Hughes will be our off-season contract tweaks. 

10 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

Maybe as 4th option.  Gabe is a decent receiver and good blocker. 

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The reason Kumerow played over Williams was not that "Williams stinks", it's that Kumerow is a more accomplished ST and a decent quality blocker in both the running and passing game.  I was pissed when we cut him and someone else picked him up, then Brown got the covid exposure and Beas got hurt.

I hope that's a lesson learned for Beane.

15 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

There is plenty of room for brown.  Restructure him and lets keep band together.  Pretty sure him and Hughes will be our off-season contract tweaks. 

Maybe as 4th option.  Gabe is a decent receiver and good blocker. 

Yes, Gabe has earned the playing time he's gotten

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think you could have said the same about Zay Jones haha...

Maybe they liked his moves to avoid being captured while running around naked.

Zay, at least, had a ton of catches in college.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Hey there knave, whats a knavel?

What, ya never seen a knavel before, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheProcess said:

You are poking this bear with a stick on the TJ Graham pick LOL.  We traded up and I was so excited - I thought we were going to draft Russell Wilson.

TJ Graham, who is that?  6 picks later, Wilson was drafted by the Seasnakes and the rest is history.

Gailey and Nix seemed obsessed by small fast guys.  Graham was essentially a track star who played a little receiver.  Ugh, those days.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You are poking this bear with a stick on the TJ Graham pick LOL.  We traded up and I was so excited - I thought we were going to draft Russell Wilson.

TJ Graham, who is that?  6 picks later, Wilson was drafted by the Seasnakes and the rest is history.

Gailey and Nix seemed obsessed by small fast guys.  Graham was essentially a track star who played a little receiver.  Ugh, those days.

TY Hilton was also there for the taking.