Bills take over #2 seed with Pittsburgh loss

Yav

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

People who use unnecessarily big words on a message board are my pet peeve. It's a community discussion board, the goal being to foster discussion within the community. Choosing to use words such as tautological is inherently a choice of exclusion and contrary to the purpose of the board. One could presume that you're on this board seeking some sort of validation that you are smarter than everyone else. The problem is, while successfully using a few big words and successfully showing off you vocabulary, you also made a point that was logically absurd. You have essentially put a bow tie on a turd. Congrats. 

Not the hero we deserved, but the hero we needed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It honestly does not matter who we get...those teams should be fearing US

This might be true but every team in the afc playoffs are tough in there own way anyone of those teams can beat the other. Going to be fun to watch that’s for sure

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills can lock the 2 Seed this weekend with

Bills Win

Steelers Loss

Titans Loss

Then week 17 means nada rest the starters.

With Steelers playing the Colts next and finishing with the Browns, another win looks highlu unlikely given how they played last week. The Bills seem to have demoralized that team in the second half. 

Titans are playing the Packers so its likely they lose too if packers can stop Henry. 

Onus is on the Bills to win but locking up the #2 seed looks like a distinct possibility. 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I noticed the vacant look on Rapelessburger's face. He looked like he wanted to be sitting on a beach, instead of drilling an opponent.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

As well as the Steelers have managed their roster over the decades to always remain relevant, they have not done enough for a succession plan to BenR. Unless they engage in a reclamation project for someone like Wentz or Darnold, their winning ways are unlikely for the next few years. Its surprising how they depended on BenR's arm this season as opposed to putting emphasis on the run game and going easy on the aging QB's arm. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I noticed the vacant look on Rapelessburger's face. He looked like he wanted to be sitting on a beach, instead of drilling an opponent.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

What struck me was what happened when he fumbled the snap. He didn't even try to look for the ball much less fall on it. His body language was like someone else will get it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Casey D said:

It's no different than being ahead in a horse race 100 yards from the wire with horses surrounding you.  Talk to me when we hit the wire, especially with the "what if's" about not getting a bye.  Nothing sadder than "what if's"  especially when you don't know if you have anything to regret.

Maybe you should just not comment and not read posts? 

Right now the Bills are the #2 seed and yes there are two games left, funny how people like you will say well KC is the #1 seed and up till this week Pittsburgh is the #2 seed. 

Fact is right now if you look at any playoff chart (NFL, CBS, NBC, FOX or ESPN) the Buffalo Bills are the NUMBER 2 SEED!

3 hours ago, Casey D said:

Your analogy while interesting is not really apt.  There is an inevitability in your scenario that does not exist in the horse racing situation, or the Bills seeding situation.  But you did make me laugh!

Really was not trying to "bash" anyone.  But people whining is a pet peeve, so perhaps you could see it that way.

I assume that is a rhetorical question.

But you did and on top of that I was not whining, just stating a FACT. Right now the Bills are the #2 Seed! You seem to want to argue that and you seem to want to make yourself want to sound sophisticated and intelligent. Just so ya know, you sound like a pompous ass to me and I'm not impressed at all. Good day.

27 minutes ago, Yav said:

But you did and on top of that I was not whining, just stating a FACT. Right now the Bills are the #2 Seed! You seem to want to argue that and you seem to want to make yourself want to sound sophisticated and intelligent. Just so ya know, you sound like a pompous ass to me and I'm not impressed at all. Good day.

I was not referring to you as whining, it was other posters complaining about a lack of a bye for the #2 seed-- you indeed just stated a true fact.  Truly sorry if I offended you or anyone else. Also I did not suspect that the use of the word "tautological" would cause so much outrage and make me seem like a "pompous ass."  I promise I'll never use it again on this board. I also promise that I am neither sophisticated nor do I have an inflated opinion of my rather limited intelligence.  And you have a good day too, it is the Season after all.

Edited by Casey D

7 hours ago, 97bills said:

This might be true but every team in the afc playoffs are tough in there own way anyone of those teams can beat the other. Going to be fun to watch that’s for sure

Just something to keep in mind

Last year our schedule was not that tough......we didnt do so well against the better teams.....and even though we were not ready we were literally one stupid lucky play from advancing.

This year

Our schedule was MUCH tougher

We best good teams.....we beat teams with good quarterbacks......

Battle tested

We are ready

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills can lock the 2 Seed this weekend with

Bills Win

Steelers Loss

Titans Loss

Then week 17 means nada rest the starters.

And this gives them a 99% chance at 2 seed after week 16

Bills Win 

Steelers Loss 

Cleveland win over Jets. 

would take a tie between Browns & Steelers in week 17,  Week 17 Bills loss & Titans win  to knock them back to #3.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/12/22/22194769/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-can-clinch-the-two-seed-in-week-16-with-help

• Thank you (+1) 1