NYS now says tailgating is the biggest concern

JÂy RÛßeÒ

WHEC in Rochester is reporting that the state has the Bills’ reopening plan and is reviewing.  But apparently Cuomo is mostly concerned with the tailgating aspect of it and last night’s huge crowd didn’t help.

Apparently he is abdicating the final decision saying it’s up to the director of health.  They say they will be looking at what other teams/stadiums are doing.

https://www.whec.com/news/new-york-state-reviewing-bills-stadium-reopening-plan/5956761/?cat=565

• Like (+1) 1

So KC has had fans all year. Can’t the Bills send a team to measure how they manage the lot situation ? It’s just a lot of talk now. I am all about caution but there is a ton of lot space out there so with a crowd of 10-15%,  its easy to maintain tailgate distance. Thanksgiving was going to spread more than any silly football lot and I don’t see NY limiting people in Airports....

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They can simply say “no tailgating” and allow a percentage of fans into the game.  

Sounds like them revving up the excuse machine.  

You can say "no tailgating" but you know it will happen.  Basically they would need to have some way of turning away fans that are just coming to tailgate (need a ticket to park at the stadium or something like that).  

Even then, 5,000 fans are still going to tailgate in the parking lot.

12 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

WHEC in Rochester is reporting that the state has the Bills’ reopening plan and is reviewing.  But apparently Cuomo is mostly concerned with the tailgating aspect of it and last night’s huge crowd didn’t help.

Apparently he is abdicating the final decision saying it’s up to the director of health.  They say they will be looking at what other teams/stadiums are doing.

https://www.whec.com/news/new-york-state-reviewing-bills-stadium-reopening-plan/5956761/?cat=565

It has always been one of the biggest issues - part 2 was always getting people in and out and moving around in the stadium (bathrooms and food drinks).

Sitting in the stadium spread out and cheering was never the issue.

The problem is people want to be together and celebrate before and after.

The Bills can obviously control what happens at their own lots, i.e. no tailgating, but they can't control what happens elsewhere, and that is going to be the main concern.

For all that I understand what happened last night, it doesn't send out the right message as far as fans ability to do all the right things, outside of the stadium.

Tbh, and also to be fair, I was actually moderately impressed with the fact that the vast majority, appeared to be masked up - even though the 'social distancing' was negligable.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They can simply say “no tailgating” and allow a percentage of fans into the game.  

Sounds like them revving up the excuse machine.  

How can they say "no tailgating" yet open parking lots and let fans in? 

Serious question, how do you see this working?

I mean, it's not like they were giving out tailgate permits at the airport yet we have reports of people who were there that a lot of tailgating-type activities were going on there.  And we have the behaviors of not mask wearing in crowds being defended as "it's a free country"

That seems to me to indicate that authorities have some valid concerns that Bills fans are "wild things" who wouldn't take kindly to the notion of following restrictions.  How do you see it differently? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You can say "no tailgating" but you know it will happen.  Basically they would need to have some way of turning away fans that are just coming to tailgate (need a ticket to park at the stadium or something like that).  

Even then, 5,000 fans are still going to tailgate in the parking lot.

I'm not going to say they couldn't come up with a way to control it, but it definitely has to be thought through and there has to be a plan.

13 minutes ago, Locomark said:

So KC has had fans all year. Can’t the Bills send a team to measure how they manage the lot situation ? It’s just a lot of talk now. I am all about caution but there is a ton of lot space out there so with a crowd of 10-15%,  its easy to maintain tailgate distance. Thanksgiving was going to spread more than any silly football lot and I don’t see NY limiting people in Airports....

The significant decrease in flights has done that.  Go check it out.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not going to say they couldn't come up with a way to control it, but it definitely has to be thought through and there has to be a plan.

Neither am I.  like they are saying though, it's the worry of all the people tailgating and not be responsible so it's a matter of whether or not they can create a plan that they can trust bills fans to follow.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If the Jets were in Bills position I bet that nice new stadium in Jersey would have had fans all season. #JustSaying 

It's probably a benefit for them not having fans. It would just be booing.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How can they say "no tailgating" yet open parking lots and let fans in? 

Serious question, how do you see this working?

I mean, it's not like they were giving out tailgate permits at the airport yet we have reports of people who were there that a lot of tailgating-type activities were going on there.  And we have the behaviors of not mask wearing in crowds being defended as "it's a free country"

That seems to me to indicate that authorities have some valid concerns that Bills fans are "wild things" who wouldn't take kindly to the notion of following restrictions.  How do you see it differently? 

I’m sure the Buffalo Bills have a plan in place to handle a “no tailgating” restriction.  If they don’t, then they’re nowhere near as on top of a plan to re-open as I thought they were. 

7 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Since most of the spread of late has been traced to in-home gatherings, an open air stadium shouldn't be as huge a concern, nor open air parking lots. But as we know partying can bring out stupid behavior.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You can stand asses to elbows at Walmart with 400 ppl but you can’t space out 5,000 ppl in an 80,000 seat stadium? Makes sense

OK, guys, I'd like to keep this open because whether or not we can get some fans for our playoff game is obviously a huge Buffalo Bills interest right now, but if we're gonna broaden it out to bizarro world Walmart comparisons and assertions about what's driving current spread, it's going to shutter, Sorry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1