NYS now says tailgating is the biggest concern

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Simple solution. Only allow 5-10,000 fans. Only fans with tickets can get into the Bills parking lots. Cars will be spaced out.  Private lots will not be allowed to have people parking/tailgate or be ticketed/fined. Your ticket will have a specific entry gate and time for entry. Maybe even have specific lot on your ticket, so you don't need to walk all the way around the stadium to your gate. 

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting - thanks for posting.  Aren’t police already there clamping down on gameday in the vicinity of the stadium?

Seems like they could put a solid plan in place ... of course, you’re always gonna have a few rowdies who do what they want regardless.

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m sure the Buffalo Bills have a plan in place to handle a “no tailgating” restriction.  If they don’t, then they’re nowhere near as on top of a plan to re-open as I thought they were. 

It's the satellite lots that are the problem. 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m sure the Buffalo Bills have a plan in place to handle a “no tailgating” restriction.  If they don’t, then they’re nowhere near as on top of a plan to re-open as I thought they were. 

and how are they going to enforce that plan? How about on the private lots around the stadium? Does their plan involve saying “pretty please don’t get blitzed and act ridiculous at the first playoff game here in 25 years?” Or are there other steps in the plan?

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They can simply say “no tailgating” and allow a percentage of fans into the game.  

Sounds like them revving up the excuse machine.  

Bingo. Like he was glad to find a reason to blame others for his holier-than-all position.

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

and how are they going to enforce that plan? How about on the private lots around the stadium? Does their plan involve saying “pretty please don’t get blitzed and act ridiculous at the first playoff game here in 25 years?” Or are there other steps in the plan?

martial law

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Pop open the trunks of cars as a condition of entry - no grills, beer, etc allowed.  You could restrict the main routes of entry to residents with ID and ticket holders (e.g. Abbott, Big Tree, etc).

I think this is possible to do, it's a matter of convincing the politicians.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If the Jets were in Bills position I bet that nice new stadium in Jersey would have had fans all season. #JustSaying 

No.  The way they got hit last March they might not even have fans in there next year.

52 minutes ago, Buddo said:

The Bills can obviously control what happens at their own lots, i.e. no tailgating, but they can't control what happens elsewhere, and that is going to be the main concern.

For all that I understand what happened last night, it doesn't send out the right message as far as fans ability to do all the right things, outside of the stadium.

Tbh, and also to be fair, I was actually moderately impressed with the fact that the vast majority, appeared to be masked up - even though the 'social distancing' was negligable.

Than it seems safer to have limited capacity outdoors at the stadium than people crowding together indoors at houses for parties, IMO.  

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's comical that some think it's a plot by the gov to keep fans out of the stadium.  Most cities aren't allowing fans.

KC will have fans. 

Tennessee can have fans if they win the South. 

Cleveland can have fans if they win the North. 

Indy can have fans if they win the South. 

Buffalo and Pittsburgh are the only two AFC teams that may host playoff games and not be allowed fans. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Interesting - thanks for posting.  Aren’t police already there clamping down on gameday in the vicinity of the stadium?

Seems like they could put a solid plan in place ... of course, you’re always gonna have a few rowdies who do what they want regardless.

exactly.  The tailgating is a terrible excuse.  People could tailgate now.  If not, why not?  closed lots?  Then only let those with game tickets into the lots and patrol them.  

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

KC will have fans. 

Tennessee can have fans if they win the South. 

Cleveland can have fans if they win the North. 

Indy can have fans if they win the South. 

Buffalo and Pittsburgh are the only two AFC teams that may host playoff games and not be allowed fans. 

#FactsNotFear

Edited to add: Don’t forget Miami.

Edited by RiotAct
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How can they say "no tailgating" yet open parking lots and let fans in? 

Serious question, how do you see this working?

I mean, it's not like they were giving out tailgate permits at the airport yet we have reports of people who were there that a lot of tailgating-type activities were going on there.  And we have the behaviors of not mask wearing in crowds being defended as "it's a free country"

That seems to me to indicate that authorities have some valid concerns that Bills fans are "wild things" who wouldn't take kindly to the notion of following restrictions.  How do you see it differently? 

Good question.  I'd say, no ticket, no entrance to the lot.  Security enforcing no tailgating restriction.  I assume the lots are currently closed, or there would be people there during games anyway.  So just open it up to only those limited number of people who can attend the games.  

As for the "it's a free country", the folks at the Airport were generally wearing masks.  Also, a secure lot and stadium allows for mask enforcement, just as does going to a grocery store, etc.  

10 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Pop open the trunks of cars as a condition of entry - no grills, beer, etc allowed.  You could restrict the main routes of entry to residents with ID and ticket holders (e.g. Abbott, Big Tree, etc).

I think this is possible to do, it's a matter of convincing the politicians.

That may work for the stadium lots sure. I’m sure there are several ways to go about cleanly enforcing it. My only point was you just cannot trust the fans alone to behave. Even a relatively limited number of them if they are thinking of allowing 10-12,000 or whatever it may be. People will be too amped up.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

#FactsNotFear

Edited to add: Don’t forget Miami.

Agreed, but I was just listing those in position to potentially host a game.  Miami and Baltimore look to be battling for that last spot but would be on the road.  

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

That may work for the stadium lots sure. I’m sure there are several ways to go about cleanly enforcing it. My only point was you just cannot trust the fans alone to behave. Even a relatively limited number of them if they are thinking of allowing 10-12,000 or whatever it may be. People will be too amped up.

of course, but again, that’s independent of if the Bills allow fans into their (controlled environment) stadium or not.

Just now, SCBills said:

Agreed, but I was just listing those in position to potentially host a game.  Miami and Baltimore look to be battling for that last spot but would be on the road.  

oh yeah, duh.