Broncos may be without Gordon on Saturday

Herc11

Doesn't the league usually move slow on these things? Unless he gets added to the commissioner exempt list, I kind of doubt that anything will happen this season.

But I admit I don't know the particulars for this player and his situation.

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

Doesn't the league usually move slow on these things? Unless he gets added to the commissioner exempt list, I kind of doubt that anything will happen this season.

The article i read stated that the NFL usually waits for the legal side to be done. If a ruling is made today, then punishment should be out this week.

55 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I want to beat the Broncos with their best.......and I don't wish Gordon bad luck in court.

Why? What we need it the #2 seed so we can avoid KC in round two after they had a bye. 

that’s what matters most.  Not beating a non playoff team at their best.  It’s going to be a tough game.  This has trap game written all over it with @NE and vs Miami looking.  

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why? What we need it the #2 seed so we can avoid KC in round two after they had a bye. 

that’s what matters most.  Not beating a non playoff team at their best.  It’s going to be a tough game.  This has trap game written all over it with @NE and vs Miami looking.  

I think the only possible way we can play the Chiefs in round 2 is if we are seeded #4-7

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I think the only possible way we can play the Chiefs in round 2 is if we are seeded #4-7

Good call. My bad. 

If the titans win out and we lose 1 game, we’ll be in the 4 spot. 

I’m hoping that the colts play the chiefs in rd 2.  I think they can give them a run if they continue to peak.  Would love to avoid the browns in the playoffs too.  It seems like our run D is somewhat “fixed” but that Run game could still gash us to death

With AJ Bouye and now Duke Dawson out due to injury, the Broncos are really thin at cornerback.

The Bills are beating the Broncos next week, with or without the highly overrated Melvin Gordon.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I agree with you in that I don't care if Denver is at full strength for any sort of 'moral victory'

But big picture.. we gotta go through KC at some point if we want to be in the Super Bowl. It's just semantics if we face them in the divisional or conference championship round.

10 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I agree with you in that I don't care if Denver is at full strength for any sort of 'moral victory'

But big picture.. we gotta go through KC at some point if we want to be in the Super Bowl. It's just semantics if we face them in the divisional or conference championship round.

Nothing is a given imo. Injuries happen.  Turnovers happen.  Bad bounces.  Bad calls. I could see the chiefs getting an L.  It’s a great team, but in the game of football, there are no sure things.  We may have the opinion that they are, but anything can happen.  That’s why they play the game

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Agree, it likely will be next season before anything happens.

45 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Gordon has been below average this year, and is nothing like the player he was in SD. 

Don’t be happy that Gordon might not play, Lindsey is an upgrade. 

Yeah, Lindsay is the better of the two.  Lindsay's been hampered by injuries and is getting healthier over the last few games.

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nothing is a given imo. Injuries happen.  Turnovers happen.  Bad bounces.  Bad calls. I could see the chiefs getting an L.  It’s a great team, but in the game of football, there are no sure things.  We may have the opinion that they are, but anything can happen.  That’s why they play the game

It's just as likely the Steelers lose their WC game and the Bills seeding makes no difference in who KC plays in the divisional round.

Basically, this team should not be afraid to face anyone. Fans shouldn't either anymore.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

It's just as likely the Steelers lose their WC game and the Bills seeding makes no difference in who KC plays in the divisional round.

Basically, this team should not be afraid to face anyone. Fans shouldn't either anymore.

Afraid?  I’m certainly not afraid of a scenario.  

I’d prefer to not play the chiefs.  I’d prefer to play lesser teams in every round of the playoffs.  I prefer to play the 7th playoff seed in the super bowl.  I prefer to win the SB than not win the super bowl.  Playing lesser teams should increase our chances of that happening.  

• Like (+1) 1

Gordon is just another piece. They still have Lindsay and Freeman as well. I expect us to focus on stopping the run and bring pressure against Lock on every legitimate passing down. They have a solid defense. I hope Dawkins has his big-boy pants on this Saturday because Bradley Chubb can wreck a game just like Joey Bosa. 

Edited by H2o

27 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Yeah, Lindsay is the better of the two.  Lindsay's been hampered by injuries and is getting healthier over the last few games.

Lindsay is a good back, but he isn't great. We've faced better backs already.

3 hours ago, Herc11 said:

The article i read stated that the NFL usually waits for the legal side to be done. If a ruling is made today, then punishment should be out this week.

The NFL does not need to wait for ruling. Detrimental to The shield is enough to be suspended for

They usually wait until the off-season for these kinds of suspensions

My guess is nothing coming down until June, if he is guilty