Should Bills fans be able attend games if proof of vaccination

North Buffalo

Just now, teef said:

it's amazing to me.

00 flour?

I used bread flour.  I need to order some 00 flour online.  The bread flour worked really well.  Cold-fermented the dough for 24 hours in the fridge.  Did wonders for the dough flavor.

Before I buy/use 00, I'm going to experiment with an 80-/20 mixture of bread flour and all purpose flour.  Last week, I did a 50/50 mix and it was a sticky mess.  I did a room temp rise and the dough tasted "yeasty."

Gonna give the 80/20 experiment a whirl and do the cold ferment again.

The pure bread flour experiment resulted in a nice textured dough that was flexible and durable.  Browned BEAUTIFULLY in the oven.  But it was a tad stiff.  I'm looking for that perfect NYC style "floppiness."

if the timelines of the vaccine and NFL season were different, then yes.

As it is now, the rollout/availability of the vaccine will be very limited through the playoffs.  That, and time is short for the Bills/NFL to even create some sort of framework of a plan and verification procedures.  

I'm not sure it's feasible in the time frame. But since front line medical people are going to be vaccinated first, it would be fun if the Pegulas were able to invite 10-20K of them to a playoff game for free as a thank you for all the hard work over the last year. I have no idea how the verification would work or how you would staff it with similarly protected people. It would be the among the safest subset of people, it would be a great gesture and it would awesome to see a crowd in the stands for this great season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It's not about getting the vaccine. It's about LOTS of people getting the vaccine and for the numbers to come way down and for this thing to finally go away - that's going to take some time. Just because you get your shot(s) doesn't mean that you flip a switch and everything magically changes - it's the results the vaccine makes in the broader community that matters.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, Gugny said:

I used bread flour.  I need to order some 00 flour online.  The bread flour worked really well.  Cold-fermented the dough for 24 hours in the fridge.  Did wonders for the dough flavor.

Before I buy/use 00, I'm going to experiment with an 80-/20 mixture of bread flour and all purpose flour.  Last week, I did a 50/50 mix and it was a sticky mess.  I did a room temp rise and the dough tasted "yeasty."

Gonna give the 80/20 experiment a whirl and do the cold ferment again.

The pure bread flour experiment resulted in a nice textured dough that was flexible and durable.  Browned BEAUTIFULLY in the oven.  But it was a tad stiff.  I'm looking for that perfect NYC style "floppiness."

I need to refine my pizza dough recipe. I have one based on my bread dough recipe which is pretty good, but the store-bought "Original Pizza Co. of Boston" dough still blows it away.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I need to refine my pizza dough recipe. I have one based on my bread dough recipe which is pretty good, but the store-bought "Original Pizza Co. of Boston" dough still blows it away.

I'm having a lot of fun just tweaking things and seeing what happens.  I feel like I'm getting close.   Gonna give it another go this weekend.  The pizza's not going to waste, so what the hell!!

17 hours ago, ocemur said:

I'm not sure it's feasible in the time frame. But since front line medical people are going to be vaccinated first, it would be fun if the Pegulas were able to invite 10-20K of them to a playoff game for free as a thank you for all the hard work over the last year. I have no idea how the verification would work or how you would staff it with similarly protected people. It would be the among the safest subset of people, it would be a great gesture and it would awesome to see a crowd in the stands for this great season.

The NFL should absolutely do something like this for the Super Bowl this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I feel like we spend an inordinate time talking about homemade pizza crust around here.

Just because your wife is incapable of properly toasting a bagel, don't come here and derail a perfectly good thread.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just because your wife is incapable of properly toasting a bagel, don't come here and derail a perfectly good thread.

Great!

Now I’m craving Bagel Bites............thanks. 

Add some Texas Pete and you have a real treat! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.