Kansas City Chiefs @ Miami Dolphins 1PM GAME THREAD

HOUSE

13 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

KC is the Alabama of NFL.  Just tooo good.  Give them the SB trophy now.

If Buf plays them again, they don’t need to be the better team...just be better on one afternoon for 3 hours.  As we know, weird things happen in NFL games. 

Just now, par73 said:

Dolphins should have started Fitz.

Why? So they could maybe get a 1st round playoff loss? They aren't winning a Super Bowl with Fitz and if you aren't winning a Super Bowl you're losing. They need to think long term. Tua might just not have it.

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Tua with -2.  

He looks very much like a rookie.  

If Mahommes can sit a whole year behind Smith then Tua can sit behind Fitz.  The kid had no preseason.  Not seeing the logic in this at all.  

Gailey and Fitz are made for each other. Based on what we are seeing on game day, I don’t think he could have been showing so much in practice that he haaaad to play. 

The only thing I can come up with is they wanted to see what the rookie had before next year. Tua hasn’t been terrible, he just hasn’t been good enough or shown enough with how good this defense is. Feels a lot like our TT situation. Both offenses just need more because right now they aren’t getting enough. 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What ya got on deck for later?

Fridge has Bells 2 hearted, Troegs Double Blizzard, Levante Cloudy & Cumbersome, a few Pizza Boy Just the Tidbits and a Skelm from Evergrain....I think there's some flat Budweiser left in the beer meister, but im not going there tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I don't understand why everone  is clamoring to bench Tua.  He's a big boy from a big boy program; he's got this.  At least that's what I have been told by some of the QB whisperers on here.

lol Tua was tapped as a top ten pick 2 years ago.

This take sucks.

They have a very challenging schedule particularly given this underwhelming and now banged up O. I don’t think they can score enough to beat Chuck’s crew. Hoody would like nothing more than to knock them off and is vicious vs rookie qb’s. Not sure I can objectively see them winning 2 of 3. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If I were the Dolphins I'd forget the playoffs this year. Let Tua play out the year and see if maybe you need to draft a 1st round QB.

They need to draft a QB in the first round, it’s become obvious that Tua is not the answer. That safety was JP Losman like. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Im wondering how many stalled drives until he gets yoinked again. 

I have watched a little bit of Tua and he just hasn’t been good enough to me. I actually thought this game would be a route and the team needs a playoff push. Thought this would be the game that sits Tua for the rest of the season and Fitz will be starting week 17.

With how good the Miami D has been, I am unsure if they make that call now. But it’s the right team decision for 2020. 

He is OK for the first few drives but then once teams figure them out they do nothing...

Kind of reminds me a lot of games here under Gailey...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

No it doesn't because you are the one of those who was pushing that narrative, all the while bashing Allen because he went to Wyoming.

He was a consensus top ten pick. You're being silly because he plays for the Dolphins.

Just now, matter2003 said:

He is OK for the first few drives but then once teams figure them out they do nothing...

Kind of reminds me a lot of games here under Gailey...

Bill under Gailey were actually very good second half offenses. Sort of the opposite of now where Josh and Daboll come out hot and get cold. Gailey and Fitz would come out cold and leave the tunnel in the 3rd pretty hot. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Why? So they could maybe get a 1st round playoff loss? They aren't winning a Super Bowl with Fitz and if you aren't winning a Super Bowl you're losing. They need to think long term. Tua might just not have it.

They have a nice season going-- who knows what next year will bring? Potential to score far more with Fitz.  You might wonder who can dethrone KC anyway (look at today, despite the way it started)?