Canceling student loans

shoshin

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Great job Fred Astaire.  🕺🏻 

He didn’t say the letter itself pandered to votes.  YOU did.  

I posted the tweet without comment.

YOU asked what the letter said about voting.

The tweeter made no claim that the letter was about voting. What he did say, in you know his opinion, that the website was about data collection and getting out the vote.

It’s not the Tweet that had me riled up.  I actually kind of agreed with it.  

If you agreed with it then why did you question it on grounds that misrepresented what was in the tweet?

What riled me up was your interpretation/reaction to it. Why you all need to put the ***** Twit For Brains machine down and think for yourselves.  

It's fun getting into the minutiae of these pointless tap dances that you often find yourself in around here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

The last one and the next one.

This whole thing is about getting votes for democrats. In the last election and forward. Period.

But you didn’t mind Trump repeatedly promising middle class tax cuts around elections and never delivered.

Before 2020:

How Trump's long-promised middle class tax cuts might happen, despite deficits

Before 2018:

Trump repeats his dubious pledge to introduced a 10% middle-class tax cut before the midterm elections

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488659de4c32ba0bcab281

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

I posted the tweet without comment.

YOU asked what the letter said about voting.

The tweeter made no claim that the letter was about voting. What he did say, in you know his opinion, that the website was about data collection and getting out the vote.

If you agreed with it then why did you question it on grounds that misrepresented what was in the tweet?

It's fun getting into the minutiae of these pointless tap dances that you often find yourself in around here.

ONE MORE TIME.  The original Tweet had nothing to do with the letter being about votes.  You did when you said this......

But sure the letter wasn't political and pandering for votes. Nope.

This is not a pointless tap dance.  I'm just shining a light on the fact that you political hacks cannot ever admit when you were wrong or misspoke.  

Carry on Hackmeister.  

Everyone knows it was never about cancelling student debt. Biden doesn't even have the power to do that. It was about getting votes during the midterms and the sheep fell for it. Time for those who agreed to pay their loans to start paying. That is what responsible adults do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Everyone knows it was never about cancelling student debt. Biden doesn't even have the power to do that. It was about getting votes during the midterms and the sheep fell for it. Time for those who agreed to pay their loans to start paying. That is what responsible adults do. 

Sucks for them.  Not only do they have to pay higher prices because Joke's Admin made inflation worse, they have to pay off their loans in full.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sucks for them.  Not only do they have to pay higher prices because Joke's Admin made inflation worse, they have to pay off their loans in full.  

Exactly. I have no sympathy for them. I paid off my loans. I certainly didn't expect the taxpayers to pay off my debt. Let's call it what it really is. Transferring the loan to the taxpayer as it would never be cancelled.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Greg S said:

Exactly. I have no sympathy for them. I paid off my loans. I certainly didn't expect the taxpayers to pay off my debt. Let's call it what it really is. Transferring the loan to the taxpayer as it would never be cancelled.

I have ZERO sympathy for them too.  I didn't have debts to pay off cuz I joined the Marines out of high school and went to college on the GI bill.

You can still do that today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Greg S said:

Well the loans are not transferred to the taxpayers.  They are just piled on to our national debt.  So no one’s paying it off. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I’M SO OLD, I REMEMBER WHEN JOE BIDEN WAS GOING TO RESTORE COMPETENCE TO GOVERNMENT: 

9 million people received emails that mistakenly said their student loan forgiveness was approved.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/politics/student-loan-forgiveness-mistake-email/index.html

But if they believe that Joe believes—really believes—they are forgiven, aren’t they sorta forgiven? 

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But if they believe that Joe believes—really believes—they are forgiven, aren’t they sorta forgiven? 

I wouldn't forgive anyone who believes anything Biden says or does.

Ohhhh, you meant their loans.

Carry on............

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I’M SO OLD, I REMEMBER WHEN JOE BIDEN WAS GOING TO RESTORE COMPETENCE TO GOVERNMENT: 

9 million people received emails that mistakenly said their student loan forgiveness was approved.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/politics/student-loan-forgiveness-mistake-email/index.html

It definitely wasn't a mistake. I posted about this previously. It was the week before the midterm elections. I got an email saying my student loans were approved for forgiveness and that the republicans were trying to block it but they would do what they needed to push them through. Then after the midterms they are saying it was an error. If it was an error a week before the midterm then why didn't they say so then? It's the old switcheroo. "We are giving you free money, vote for us!" And then after "oh sorry that was just an error." Derp

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ViksHrks said:

If most student loans are cancelled, it will make life easier for many young people. Not a bad idea.

or we fix the actual problem so its easier for them and even us non young folks.

Cancelling 10K in debt while changing the repayment schedule from 10% of discretionary to 5% of discretionary actually makes the problem worse.

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

or we fix the actual problem so its easier for them and even us non young folks.

Cancelling 10K in debt while changing the repayment schedule from 10% of discretionary to 5% of discretionary actually makes the problem worse.

Therein lies my main gripe with the cancellation of the student loans. I’m not against it, but I am against it without addressing the actual problem. Can’t put a band aid on a bullet hole and expect life to continue as usual. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...