Canceling student loans

shoshin

24 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You must be that rare altruist and humanitarian.  

Or completely unconcerned about spending $400 billion of other peoples money, paid off by current gradeschoolers or the other non aborted.

And all of this without Congressional approval, which means no public hearing on it, and no consequence for a decree by a man who no longer function.

Has it really gotten this bad?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, LeviF said:

"PPP loans," he blurts out, having the memory of a gerbil.

BillStime likes to throw that out there as a blast against his arch-enemy, Trump. But it's Biden who would be tasked with collecting on those loans. Trump lives in Florida now.

31 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Or completely unconcerned about spending $400 billion of other peoples money, paid off by current gradeschoolers or the other non aborted.

And all of this without Congressional approval, which means no public hearing on it, and no consequence for a decree by a man who no longer function.

Has it really gotten this bad?

The Trump administration lost track of $100 BILLION dollars in PPP loans; won't divulge how much was spent at Trump properties over 4 years and you're crying about $400 billion to the people?

get outta here

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The Trump administration lost track of $100 BILLION dollars in PPP loans; won't divulge how much was spent at Trump properties over 4 years and you're crying about $400 billion to the people?

get outta here

Yes, and anyone with a scintilla of concern would be greatly disturbed by strapping others with $400b in debt without Congressional consideration, which is, after all, supposed to be the will of the people who are paying for it.

And all by a knucklehead who can't speak, can't read,  and can't find his way around a room.

19 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Yes, and anyone with a scintilla of concern would be greatly disturbed by strapping others with $400b in debt without Congressional consideration, which is, after all, supposed to be the will of the people who are paying for it.

And all by a knucklehead who can't speak, can't read,  and can't find his way around a room.

The millionaires for billionaires are proud of your sponsorship.

Rising US deficit a worry, but Warren Buffett puts stock in 'American tailwind'

The newsletter points out the stellar contribution Berkshire Hathaway has made to the US treasury. It states that Berkshire’s contribution via the corporate income tax was $32 billion during the decade, "almost exactly a tenth of 1 percent of all money that the Treasury collected."

The letter lets us in on the outsized contribution that the company is making to the US treasury via its tax payments. The letter marks out, "Had there been roughly 1,000 taxpayers in the US matching Berkshire’s payments, no other businesses nor any of the country’s 131 million households would have needed to pay any taxes to the federal government. Not a dime.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/markets/rising-us-deficit-a-worry-but-buffett-puts-his-stock-in-american-tailwind-10165461.html

but but tax loopholes and offshore accounts

However, it is a crime to use an offshore account to avoid paying taxes or to attempt to shield funds from the U.S. government. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The millionaires for billionaires are proud of your sponsorship.

Idiotic comment.

The kids in school, and yet to be born, who will have to pay off this unsupported waiver of promissory notes would probably not be supportive of your's.

This is a disgraceful strapping on non voters with debt that supposed rational people agreed to.

Indefensible.

By the way, the "millionaires and billionaires" are not effected by your non sequitur claim at all, but that is clearly above your ability to process. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Idiotic comment.

The kids in school, and yet to be born, who will have to pay off this unsupported waiver of promissory notes would probably not be supportive of your's.

This is a disgraceful strapping on non voters with debt that supposed rational people agreed to.

Indefensible.

lmao - oh the outrage is REAL - more MAGA tears - MORE!

Meanwhile, Conald built up a national debt so large (even BEFORE the pandemic) and we didn't hear a peep out of you. Trillions of PPP loans - POOF!

Keep crying sherpa, keep crying!

You are clearly too stupid to understand this.

You continue to do what you always do, which is try to connect this to Trump, which is idiotic.

This money is owed to the American taxpayer who took it on during another administration.

It has nothing to do with MAGA/Trump/millionaires or billionaires.

It has everything to do with a legal contract made that the US taxpayer agreed to, and if not enforced, the American taxpayer will be forced to pay for this default.

I'm not sure you even understand that, let alone make any point that such a thing should ever be granted without Congressional consent.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You are clearly too stupid to understand this.

You continue to do what you always do, which is try to connect this to Trump, which is idiotic.

This money is owed to the American taxpayer who took it on during another administration.

It has nothing to do with MAGA/Trump/millionaires or billionaires.

It has everything to do with a legal contract made that the US taxpayer agreed to, and if not enforced, the American taxpayer will be forced to pay for this default.

I'm not sure you even understand that, let alone make any point that such a thing should ever be granted without Congressional consent.

If Donald Trump wanted to provide student loan relief during his tenure - you and the cult would have been ALL OVER IT - no questions asked.

-->You had no issue with Donald Trump DOING THE SAME EXACT THING --> signing Executive Orders extending pandemic relief after Congress failed to reach a deal... The president’s four orders extend unemployment benefits, provide a payroll tax holiday, defer student loan payments through 2020 and extend the federal protections from evictions. 

And not a word out of you!!!!

Why? Because your keepers, millionaires for billionaires, have you programmed so well they know you will gladly fight against your own interests for THEIR GAIN.

Idiots

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

If Donald Trump wanted to provide student loan relief during his tenure - you and the cult would have been ALL OVER IT - no questions asked.

-->You had no issue with Donald Trump DOING THE SAME EXACT THING --> signing Executive Orders extending pandemic relief after Congress failed to reach a deal... The president’s four orders extend unemployment benefits, provide a payroll tax holiday, defer student loan payments through 2020 and extend the federal protections from evictions. 

And not a word out of you!!!!

Why? Because your keepers, millionaires for billionaires, have you programmed so well they know you will gladly fight against your own interests for THEIR GAIN.

Idiots

I'd be more than happy to discuss COVID relief spending as a separate topic and I think I'd agree with much of your view on the programs but the topic is student loan forgiveness so we should try to stay inside the guardrails.

You are clearly too stupid.

I am no member of a cult, and frankly your repeated accusation of that with anyone who thins is doing you no good.

In short the "cult" nonsense is not working for you.

Never voted for the guy and never will.

False premise on whether I would have done something that didn't happen, but no surprise there.

You are either a child, or remarkably stupid. 

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'd be more than happy to discuss COVID relief spending as a separate topic and I think I'd agree with much of your view on the programs but the topic is student loan forgiveness so we should try to stay inside the guardrails.

There were no guardrails during Trumps reign. 

Trump took executive action on unemployment, taxes and student loans. 

Did Trump set another bad precedent? 

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You are clearly too stupid.

I am no member of a cult, and frankly your repeated accusation of that with anyone who thins is doing you no good.

In short the "cult" nonsense is not working for you.

Never voted for the guy and never will.

False premise on whether I would have done something that didn't happen, but no surprise there.

You are either a child, or remarkably stupid. 

Whole lotta projection going on here 

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

I paid off my loans years ago and have NO issue with others getting relief.

Now do PPP loans.

Why don't you simply pick a few people and pay off their loans? If all the people in support of this idea did that the issue would disappear quickly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Why don't you simply pick a few people and pay off their loans? If all the people in support of this idea did that the issue would disappear quickly.

You don’t have to worry about this Tim - the Supreme Court will stick a fork in it.

• 1 month later...

The decision is not related to a challenge to President Biden’s attempts to cancel up to $20,000 in student loan debt for 40 million Americans. That case is expected to be decided by the court this summer.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3950224-supreme-court-refuses-to-stop-6-billion-student-loan-debt-settlement/

Edited by B-Man

• 1 month later...