The Bills get ratings

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Kind of like the years when the NCAA Final 4 is on CBS some years and TBS/TNT on others and gets half the ratings.  Not apples to apples comparison.  

You really wonder why some sports get bad ratings.  The NCAA puts most of the games on CBS until you get to the Final 4, then lets move them to TNT cable only.

Hockey was another terrible one, recall years back once you got to the playoffs one game would be on USA, then the next day ESPN, seem to recall 3rd network doing some of the games too.  These days make it easy, for the most part very few games on at all other than home cable network.

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not only getting prime time slots but we're hitting numbers. We have finally re- arrived. Thanks Josh & Diggsy.....

& Terry & Kim

& Sean & Brandon

& Leslie & Brian

& Cole & JB

& Micah & Jordan

& Tremaine & Matt

& Tre’ & Mongo 

& 2020 Rookies!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Bills are an extremely interesting team to watch.  And in general not many people hate the Bills like other teams.  Relatively neutral viewers can tune-in and cheer for Buffalo.  Many around the country would love it if the Bills knock off the Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, etc. at the end of the day.  

• Like (+1) 1

I could've sworn years ago in another MNF game. We were the top rated, or 2nd highest rated game of the year, not just MNF.

Oh, and wasn't the Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys one of the top rated games too?

Edit: Yeah, it was - https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/11/bills-cowboys-ratings-thanksgiving-most-watched-cbs/#:~:text=Over 32 million for Bills-Cowboys%2C among best in years,-by Paulsen&text=Thursday's Bills-Cowboys NFL Thanksgiving,-Dallas%3A 35.10M).

"It trails only the 2016 game as the most-watched regular season telecast since Patriots-Giants in 2007, which aired on three networks (33.39M), and the most-watched on Thanksgiving since 1998 (Vikings-Cowboys: 32.7M)."

Edited by BigDingus

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That may be a factor though espn is part of a basic cable package. Seems like most people have it. I think NFLN for TNF is the one that would be more niche. Not sure.

Not all basic cable packages.  In Northern Virginia ESPN is bundled into a "sports tier" for Verizon FIOS.  I not watch any sports other than football so no need for their package bundled to raise the price. 

• 3 weeks later...

Green Bay was a small market/geographic backwater team that no star wanted to play for (and particularly no Black players wanted to go there). Until they got Brett Favre, Reggie White gladly signed up, and suddenly they were kind of a post-Cowboys America's Team

Remember when people said no marquee free agent would want to sign with Buffalo? When the Bills were never in prime time?

All it takes is (1) a winning team with (2) a dynamic QB, and suddenly you're a hot TV commodity.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Green Bay was a small market/geographic backwater team that no star wanted to play for (and particularly no Black players wanted to go there). Until they got Brett Favre, Reggie White gladly signed up, and suddenly they were kind of a post-Cowboys America's Team

Remember when people said no marquee free agent would want to sign with Buffalo? When the Bills were never in prime time?

All it takes is (1) a winning team with (2) a dynamic QB, and suddenly you're a hot TV commodity.

Exactly, I mean what was so great about Boston either? Good players want to go where they can be successful because 1. They'll get paid either there or somewhere else because of it. 2. They're all super competitive.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:10 AM, BillsfaninSB said:

Bills are an extremely interesting team to watch.  And in general not many people hate the Bills like other teams.  Relatively neutral viewers can tune-in and cheer for Buffalo.  Many around the country would love it if the Bills knock off the Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, etc. at the end of the day.  

One down!

47 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree. I have friends across the country who’ve texted me the last few weeks how fun it is watching the Bills play! 

We’ve waited so long!

The point is they are FUN TO WATCH.  

Amazing what having a QB and opening up the offense does....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The point is they are FUN TO WATCH.  

Amazing what having a QB and opening up the offense does....

Yes.  I had a coworker (Eagles fan) in our Philly office text me out of the blue the other day to tell me just that, how FUN the Bills are to watch.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree. I have friends across the country who’ve texted me the last few weeks how fun it is watching the Bills play! 

We’ve waited so long!

you have friends????

(ducking warning points by the dozen) 

Hakuna Matata! 
What a wonderful phrase 
Hakuna Matata! 
Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries
For the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata!