Can Lee Smith just go already?

Ramza86

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Anderson is still in close contact with Allen and Daboll. They talk weekly about prep, play calls, film etc. One of the announcers mentioned it during the game over the last few weeks. Said Anderson loved Allen and the Bills. 

Things like this aren’t important apparently.

Everyone is supposed to be an All-Pro and make every play always, otherwise they have no value. 

Relationships aren’t important at all. It’s not like these guys have to respect each other and put their bodies on the line for each other for months on end. Those things don’t require strong relationships and strong leadership.

Every team should just be built like the dream team Eagles and the 2020 Bucs... that’s the way to do it.  No chemistry, no role players, just a bunch of individual superstars.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Quite ok.. glad I could assist your understanding of the person JA is...

He talks up everybody .. its one of his endearing qualities...

My original comment in the thread that seems to have got you a bit hot under the collar  was that "Josh was raving about Spain 6 months ago"..

I'm not going to get into judgement calls on who he is pumping up more as its irrelevant to my point...

I know people who know JA personally and I have plenty of stories that I can share with you.... well aware of the type of person he is.

Did you watch the interview... I don’t think you’re realizing the context and the difference between the two statements... they’re not the same.

He brought up Lee Smith unprompted when asked about who has influenced him the most... as opposed to a reporter asking him about how he feels about a specific played i.e. Spain.

It’s not a judgement call, Josh literally spells it out for you.

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Everyone is supposed to be an All-Pro and make every play always, otherwise they have no value. 

Relationships aren’t important at all. It’s not like these guys have to respect each other and put their bodies on the line for each other for months on end. Those things don’t require strong relationships and strong leadership.

Every team should just be built like the dream team Eagles and the 2020 Bucs... that’s the way to do it.  No chemistry, no role players, just a bunch of individual superstars.

I mean Allen was majestic last night. I might have to call my doctor because it’s been more than 4 hours. But that play might be a TD if Lee sits down. It’s definitely a TD if Allen doesn’t throw it behind him. 

Not getting the rage here. 

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Well first you said what Josh said wasn’t anything out of the ordinary... just something he says about everyone...

Your argument is that Lee Smith, per Josh Allen is a really important guy in the locker room, works as a liaison between the players and coaching staff but DOESN’T provide football value in a sport that relies heavily on relationships? A sport where camaraderie is something that is significantly important to a winning football team?

Lee Smith doesn’t provide any football value at all... 

Exact same was said about DiMarco..up to the moment he was cut.  

Players don’t need another player to be a “liaison” to his coach...least of all the franchise QB.

come on..

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exact same was said about DiMarco..up to the moment he was cut.  

Players don’t need another player to be a “liaison” to his coach...least of all the franchise QB.

come on..

They don’t?

How many professional sports organizations have you been in? How much time have you spent in a locker room with players? 

I can almost guarantee it’s less than me and I can certainly guarantee there are in fact certain players that act as liaison between the coaching staff and players... they communicate things to the coaching staff and vice versa. I have been in the room for the conversations, I’ve had those conversations as a staff member with said players.

Come on.

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Special K said:

From all accounts, he’s an excellent locker room guy and mentor...I think that’s what keeps him on the roster.

Marv Levy on Jim Kelly:  Leadership, was he good in the locker room? Heck no, his locker was a mess! Our equipment managers Hojo and Woody were good in the locker room; Jim led by his actions out on the playing field.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

They don’t?

How many professional sports organizations have you been in? How much time have you spent in a locker room with players? 

I can almost guarantee it’s less than me and I can certainly guarantee there are in fact certain players that act as liaison between the coaching staff and players... they communicate things to the coaching staff and vice versa. I have been in the room for the conversations, I’ve had those conversations as a staff member with said players.

Come on.

Are you trying to convince me that the FO has put layers between Josh Allen and his coaches?....and that Lee Smith, of all Bills players, is the gatekeeper to the coaching staff??

There is no chance that is true.  zero.

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fans hate tight ends who are just on the roster to block. It will always be thus. I think this is probably Smith's last year as a Bill but he has always attracted more hate than he was due. 

No one hates (as in "hate" Kelvin Benjamin) Lee Smith.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Watching that fat idiot keep running while Josh was waiting for him to sit on 4th down is just.....so sick of him.

You go- we are 9-3 damn man take a clonipin and have a toke.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fans hate tight ends who are just on the roster to block. It will always be thus. I think this is probably Smith's last year as a Bill but he has always attracted more hate than he was due. 

Lee isn’t a fan favorite, he doesnt run routes well however he has eliminated a lot of the bone head mistakes and he blocks with a mean streak so thats why he is here- simple concept really. 9-3 is a great feeling.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Are you trying to convince me that the FO has put layers between Josh Allen and his coaches?....and that Lee Evans, of all Bills players, is the gatekeeper to the coaching staff??

There is no chance that is true.  zero.

No one hates (as in "hate" Kelvin Benjamin) Lee Smith.

Nope, not trying to convince you it’s Lee Evans.

That’s not what I am saying at all... I never even said he was specifically a liaison for Josh either. Where did I say layers were created... the coaching staff has certain players they trust to discuss certain topics like the vibe in the locker room, policies put in place and genuine player reaction to those things, guys that are going through a tough time and how best to help them out of it, reinforcement of key concepts and much much more.

Again, I’ve been part of these conversations... in the room...having them with professional athletes... they happen. Typically the conversations flow through respected veterans that the locker room and coaching staff both trust.

Do you understand what a liaison is? I mean seriously... this isn’t a foreign concept in sports. I’m telling you from first hand experience it happens.

I’m telling you that if you watch the clip I embedded for the 2 minutes I specified, Josh will discuss it as well.

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So, after last night's game, and how amazing it was (basically an almost complete game), THIS was your take away?  

After that play cameras on JA showed by body language on bench looking at play with coaches he missed Smith. Admittedly Smith not nimble but led him out not in. He’s a physical force blocking and imho a key cog to playoff ready football. Coaches like him and he brings a push it to the whistle mentally like Mongo. He’s not pretty I get it, but he’s got a role. 

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

After that play cameras on JA showed by body language on bench looking at play with coaches he missed Smith. Admittedly Smith not nimble but led him out not in. He’s a physical force blocking and imho a key cog to playoff ready football. Coaches like him and he brings a push it to the whistle mentally like Mongo. He’s not pretty I get it, but he’s got a role. 

I hear you.  Just odd someone would create this thread....its akin to saying our water boy is our weak link.  I guess we have first world NFL problems now lol.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

How many times have we seen Lee get a penalty one of the two snaps he gets a game?

None this year but you do not seem to care about facts.

And some of the penalties he got last year were when he needed to grab player who was going to get a free shot at QB.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/position/tight-end?year=2020

image.png

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Nope, not trying to convince you it’s Lee Evans.

That’s not what I am saying at all... I never even said he was specifically a liaison for Josh either. Where did I say layers were created... the coaching staff has certain players they trust to discuss certain topics like the vibe in the locker room, policies put in place and genuine player reaction to those things, guys that are going through a tough time and how best to help them out of it, reinforcement of key concepts and much much more.

Again, I’ve been part of these conversations... in the room...having them with professional athletes... they happen. Typically the conversations flow through respected veterans that the locker room and coaching staff both trust.

Do you understand what a liaison is? I mean seriously... this isn’t a foreign concept in sports. I’m telling you from first hand experience it happens.

I’m telling you that if you watch the clip I embedded for the 2 minutes I specified, Josh will discuss it as well.

Ooops!  Smith*.  Lee Evans was a solid vet AND a high value player.

Josh can't approach Daboll directly?  McD either?  We are talking about Josh here.  I get there is a players council, captains etc. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

48 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Marv Levy on Jim Kelly:  Leadership, was he good in the locker room? Heck no, his locker was a mess! Our equipment managers Hojo and Woody were good in the locker room; Jim led by his actions out on the playing field.

For those who do not get it Levy was making a joke.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ooops!  Smith*

Josh can't approach Daboll directly?  McD either?

That’s not what I am saying... when did I ever say Josh can’t approach them? Show me where I said that.

You do not understand what a liaison is? I’ll include a definition this time... a person who acts as a link to assist communication or cooperation between groups of people. 

The coaching staff is a group of people. The players are a group of people. Lee Smith acts as a link to assist communication between groups of people (coaches and players).

I mean you keep ignoring the fact I’m speaking from actual experience. 

I understand the concept is foreign to you because you very clearly have zero experience with it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not real. I suppose you only know what you know, and when you tell yourself that you’re never wrong, you’re unable to learn from folks with different experiences.

Again, if you don’t want to listen to me fine, I totally understand. With that being said, I highly encourage you to spend 2 minutes and listen to Josh explain the same concept I am explaining.

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I know people who know JA personally and I have plenty of stories that I can share with you.... well aware of the type of person he is.

Did you watch the interview... I don’t think you’re realizing the context and the difference between the two statements... they’re not the same.

He brought up Lee Smith unprompted when asked about who has influenced him the most... as opposed to a reporter asking him about how he feels about a specific played i.e. Spain.

It’s not a judgement call, Josh literally spells it out for you.

Have you ever been involved in high level meetings?