Can Lee Smith just go already?

Ramza86

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

He looks more like 6'6", and 300 pounds at this point... 

Understood, but its not like he is some nobody from West Seneca who is fused to his couch.  The guy is probably in better shape than anyone of us here, and not for nothing he has made close to $20 million dollars being an "idiot."   Fact remains the guy who started this thread would never have the stones to say it to his face. @Ramza86

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

Are you looking for some attention by creating this thread? I am so glad that you are not part of the coaching staff cuz we be Owen 16 with you

Nope, just wanted to vent. I was irate in the game day thread yesterday. 

I thought about it again today. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

How many times have we seen Lee get a penalty one of the two snaps he gets a game?

He has zero penalties this year.  If you are going by past years, then lets just also say Allen is an inaccurate boom/bust player.

Edit:  @Ramza86

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Ramza86 said:

How many times have we seen Lee get a penalty one of the two snaps he gets a game?

Last year, yes. This year, no.

And the past couple of weeks he has about 30% of the offensive snaps. 25 snaps yesterday and 17 the week before.

I mean, I don't really care if he stays or goes. He isn't critical in any fashion. But there's just no reason to be angry about him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Understood, but its not like he is some nobody from West Seneca who is fused to his couch.  The guy is probably in better shape than anyone of us here, and not for nothing he has made close to $20 million dollars being an "idiot."   Fact remains the guy who started this thread would never have the stones to say it to his face. @Ramza86

Having money dont make you smart chief. Floyd Mayweather cant read a Dr. Seuss book but hes loaded. 

But if Lee Smith had 1/100th the talent Floyd had...he would have sat and got us 6.

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Our running game is more effective with Lee Smith blocking. 

Funny, I thought the same thing. I imagine that's why Kroft is a healthy scratch now -- Knox and Smith (and even Gilliam was in there) are more effective in the run game.

That's something I think McD deserves kudos for. Most coaches are hesitant to sit a guy with a big contract. With McD, if you're not earning your snaps with performance on the field, even a scrap heap free agent is gonna take 'em. We've seen that with Smith > Kroft, Zimmer > Harrison P. (although he's worked his way back in), Epenesa > Trent M.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Josh was raving about Quinton Spain 6 months ago...

31:00 minute mark until the 33:00 minute mark...let me know when Josh speaks about Spain the way he does Lee Smith and Derek Anderson here. 

He’s specifically asked who he’s been influenced by in his career and immediately brings up Lee Smith, followed by Derek Anderson. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Why? Why wouldn't you just use Smith? That's why he's on the team.

I’ve always liked giving live reps to a young guy who is likely a better blocker if you are basically conceding the pass threat anyway. Just another option for the future in that role, not saying cut him today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ramza86 said:

Having money dont make you smart chief. Floyd Mayweather cant read a Dr. Seuss book but hes loaded. 

But if Lee Smith had 1/100th the talent Floyd had...he would have sat and got us 6.

I completely disagree.   Sometimes being smart is knowing exactly what you're good at and doing that, rather than trying to impress people by doing stuff you're terrible at.

Rather than reading a Dr. Seuss book, which would have been a total waste of time for him, Mayweather decided to make $450 Million dollars by punching people.  Likewise Lee Smith made $20 million dollars by being good at shoving people in the correct direction.    That said, I question your intelligence if you think the 150 pound Floyd Mayweather has the talent to play tight end in the NFL.   

Sometimes being smart is getting so rich that you dont care what anyone thinks of you.  That said, the bottom line is both of these guys have made enough money to not give a rats tail about what Ramza86 thinks of them.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, sure. Ship him out. 

Make sure you let Josh Allen know that he’s going too, because Josh raves about Lee Smith and his veteran presence. Talks about how Derek Anderson and Lee Smith are two of the players who have influenced him most in his pro career. 

Josh is a great kid--who wouldn't he rave about? 

Lee can join Anderson then...

11 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Our running game is more effective with Lee Smith blocking. 

The numbers don't back that up.  He's appeared in 6 games.  In weeks 3 and 6, he was in on 2% and 5% of snaps, so not factor.

In week 8, they ran for 190, but Smith only in on 14% of all O snaps

Week 10, 12% snaps, 73 yards rushing

Week 12, 17% snaps 172 yards

Week 13, 34% of snaps, 81 yards

In no game has he had more than 25 snaps, only 1 over 17

1 minute ago, Special K said:

From all accounts, he’s an excellent locker room guy and mentor...I think that’s what keeps him on the roster.

We heard that A LOT about DiMarco too...poof.  Gone was the locker room leader with the veteran presence.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Josh is a great kid--who wouldn't he rave about? 

Lee can join Anderson then...

The numbers don't back that up.  He's appeared in 6 games.  In weeks 3 and 6, he was in on 2% and 5% of snaps, so not factor.

In week 8, they ran for 190, but Smith only in on 14% of all O snaps

Week 10, 12% snaps, 73 yards rushing

Week 12, 17% snaps 172 yards

Week 13, 34% of snaps, 81 yards

In no game has he had more than 25 snaps, only 1 over 17

We heard that A LOT about DiMarco too...poof.  Gone was the locker room leader with the veteran presence.

You’re missing the point... go watch the interview in my post 2 posts above.

He wasn’t just raving, he was specifically asked about who’s influenced him most in his career. 

wHo WOuLdN’T hE rAVe aBoUT?

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I see lee is today’s dog to kick 🦵 

Yep. Are we going to start complaining about who we keep on the practice squad too? I mean, you aren't going to have a full roster of all pros.