Can Lee Smith just go already?

Ramza86

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re missing the point... go watch the interview in my post 2 posts above.

He wasn’t just raving, he was specifically asked about who’s influenced him most in his career. 

wHo WOuLdN’T hE rAVe aBoUT?

Not at ALL surprising, all things considered.

I think he is vastly overpaid for such a niche position. He isn't much of a factor in the receiving game and I am not sure how great of a blocker he is. He is getting paid 3 million to handle a position that is increasingly less valuable in the modern NFL.

I just am not seeing the value the Bills are getting out of that 3 million cap charge even if Smith is a great blocker. Unless Smith adds value via special teams that I am not seeing he just seems more like a niche player who is paid well beyond that. 

28 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, sure. Ship him out. 

Make sure you let Josh Allen know that he’s going too, because Josh raves about Lee Smith and his veteran presence. Talks about how Derek Anderson and Lee Smith are two of the players who have influenced him most in his pro career. 

Derek Anderson......that's funny.  Didn't he have one good season with the Browns way back in.....2007?  Josh's game seemed to pick up by leaps and bounds once Anderson was no longer affiliated w the Bills.  

15 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re missing the point... go watch the interview in my post 2 posts above.

He wasn’t just raving, he was specifically asked about who’s influenced him most in his career. 

wHo WOuLdN’T hE rAVe aBoUT?

That's great.  But no one is disagreeing that Josh REALLY likes Lee Smith, nor is anyone arguing that Lee Smith hasn't made an impact on Josh as a pro.  None of that is pertinent to whether he brings real football value to the roster.  That's what is being discussed here...

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Weo knows what’s best for Allen more than Allen.

See above post.  They can still FaceTime.

If Smith was cut today, Josh knows Josh would be absolutely fine/unharmed by Lee's departure.  You know this.

Edited by Mr. WEO

42 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Watching that fat idiot keep running while Josh was waiting for him to sit on 4th down is just.....so sick of him.

So are you the type of person who finds a $20 bill on the sidewalk and complains that it wasn't a fifty?

Edited by freddyjj

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

31:00 minute mark until the 33:00 minute mark...let me know when Josh speaks about Spain the way he does Lee Smith and Derek Anderson here. 

He’s specifically asked who he’s been influenced by in his career and immediately brings up Lee Smith, followed by Derek Anderson. 

Here you go... No thanks required

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/11/bufflalo-bills-quinton-spain-mr-undrated-perfect-fit-josh-allen/

At locker clean out day, quarterback Josh Allen was asked about Spain being a pending free agent at the time. Allen went above and beyond to tout Spain’s importance.

“He’s been awesome for us,” Allen said. “Just his mindset, his attitude, the way he plays, he brings a fire. He’s a really good dude, too. I love him and I wish we’d get him back too. I know it’s the nature of the business. If I had a say, we’d have him back.”

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's great.  But no one is disagreeing that Josh REALLY likes Lee Smith, nor is anyone arguing that Lee Smith hasn't made an impact on Josh as a pro.  None of that is pertinent to whether he brings real football value to the roster.  That's what is being discussed here...

See above post.  They can still FaceTime.

If Smith was cut today, Josh knows Josh would be absolutely fine/unharmed by Lee's departure.  You know this.

Well first you said what Josh said wasn’t anything out of the ordinary... just something he says about everyone...

Your argument is that Lee Smith, per Josh Allen is a really important guy in the locker room, works as a liaison between the players and coaching staff but DOESN’T provide football value in a sport that relies heavily on relationships? A sport where camaraderie is something that is significantly important to a winning football team?

Lee Smith doesn’t provide any football value at all... 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Here you go... No thanks required

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/11/bufflalo-bills-quinton-spain-mr-undrated-perfect-fit-josh-allen/

At locker clean out day, quarterback Josh Allen was asked about Spain being a pending free agent at the time. Allen went above and beyond to tout Spain’s importance.

“He’s been awesome for us,” Allen said. “Just his mindset, his attitude, the way he plays, he brings a fire. He’s a really good dude, too. I love him and I wish we’d get him back too. I know it’s the nature of the business. If I had a say, we’d have him back.”

Great, thanks. Not even close to the dialogue around Lee Smith. 

Josh was specifically asked a question about Spain, in which he replied. 

Josh was specifically asked who on the team he thinks is important/loves and without hesitation he replies Lee Smith before anyone else. 

8 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Derek Anderson......that's funny.  Didn't he have one good season with the Browns way back in.....2007?  Josh's game seemed to pick up by leaps and bounds once Anderson was no longer affiliated w the Bills.  

Anderson is still in close contact with Allen and Daboll. They talk weekly about prep, play calls, film etc. One of the announcers mentioned it during the game over the last few weeks. Said Anderson loved Allen and the Bills. 

43 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, sure. Ship him out. 

Make sure you let Josh Allen know that he’s going too, because Josh raves about Lee Smith and his veteran presence. Talks about how Derek Anderson and Lee Smith are two of the players who have influenced him most in his pro career. 

After this year, we should have enough homegrown talent that can also be leaders. Josh, Tremaine, Tre, Dion, etc.  No need for the Lee Smith’s or Pat DiMarco’s. 

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Josh was specifically asked who on the team he thinks is important/loves and without hesitation he replies Lee Smith before anyone else. 

They are friends. That doesn’t have to end after someone with more talent is on the roster and Smith retires. 

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Quite ok.. glad I could assist your understanding of the person JA is...

He talks up everybody .. its one of his endearing qualities...

My original comment in the thread that seems to have got you a bit hot under the collar  was that "Josh was raving about Spain 6 months ago"..

I'm not going to get into judgement calls on who he is pumping up more as its irrelevant to my point...

Lee Smith is neither as good nor as bad as a lot of people seem to believe.

His 0 penalties this year so far has made him serviceable to me and I admit I've bashed him probably too hard in the past.

If he keeps it up he may just stay on the team next year for his paltry $2.25 million.