Can Lee Smith just go already?

Ramza86

15 hours ago, msw2112 said:

The play in question was a trick play. 

It aint much of a trick play since we use it damn near every game.  I would have to check but this does not seem to be the play we threw to him against the Rams (that was just Ramsey leaving smith).  This back line run has been caught by Kroft and Knox multiple times (we never throw to the eligible tackle this year).  I have no doubt Kroft sits on that play and we get 7. 

The other night was great for the whole team but I do have some concerns on him being on the active roster (ffs dont cut him).  On the Diggs DPI that allen pointed out I think Kroft has a decent shot at touching the paint (still would have been tough) where as Smith didnt do much with it.  I missed the play where he was wide open but him not really being in the progression in the passing game is the problem.  When hes in you can expect run or just put a LB on him in the passing game (hell let him be open underneath hes not getting any YAC as shown in the LAC game).  I think Kroft is a better weapon and is hopefully active over him going forward.  Im hoping this is a situation where they are seeing what they got with him before the end of the season (in the case they need him).  We are an offense predicated on the pass I struggle with why he is active when his primary contribution is in a part of the game we are looking to attack less.  

18 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

$40 ppv. 

I need at least 100,000 buys. Lee and I will split the money in half. 

I will fight him no problem.

Good idea - go for the pay per view - get paid first.

Just insulting a large & potentially hostile professional athlete, without getting paid first, didn't work out for Jim Rome.

Or - was the publicity from his incident with Jim Everett payback enough?

4 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Actually, I believe that was Marv Levy who said that... though he might not have been the originator.  Sounds too smart for Buddy Ryan!

Yes - it may have been Marv - you are probably correct. .

Buddy might not have been the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but he was a fun character. My all time favorite quote from Buddy was after he punched Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines -- instead of issuing the standard apology about the incident he said "Kevin Gilbride will be selling insurance in two years".

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bills chose to keep Smith in as a blocker on several pass plays, and he held his own in man-to-man opportunities to give Allen enough time to find his targets. The decision to activate Smith ahead of Tyler Kroft in the last two weeks has been a slight surprise, but as long as he provides this type of value in about 15-to-25 snaps, the Bills should keep in him there.

Oh... weird...