Mike Tirico to call Steelers-Bills

Buffalo too long of a flight for Al Michaels?

Al just announced that Mike Tirico will be calling Steelers-Bills, which is annoying. It was previously announced that Michaels would be skipping some games this year, but I hoped it wouldn't be ours. I kind of figured it might be though.

The last game Al called in Buffalo must have been 56-10.

Could be wrong, but I don't think we've ever won a Tirico-called game. Dallas MNF comes to mind.

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

That sucks. Tirico is also excellent, but Al Michaels is the best in the business and doesn't have many years left. He even stated he wanted to come to buffalo when schopp had him on last year. 

Well, clearly he doesn't want to come to Buffalo and was just pandering on the radio. What a jerk.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Well, clearly he doesn't want to come to Buffalo and was just pandering on the radio. What a jerk.

Yup. Hope he gets diarrhea next Sunday. 

Still a chance he has to come to Buffalo week 17. Dolphins game can still be flexed to Sunday night. 

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Collinsworth needles Michaels about "golfing in Buffalo"

I mean, I understand the urge to golf but I also understand the urge to cash million$ dollar paychecks.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unlike many on this board, I like Collinsworth

He knows football but is basically intolerable. I think the problem is that he goes overboard praising the superstars. Tonight was a great example: Mahomes flat-out missed Kelce and even pointed at himself after the play, yet Collinsworth said Kelce ran the wrong route as if it was a fact. That crap gets old. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

He knows football but is basically intolerable. I think the problem is that he goes overboard praising the superstars. Tonight was a great example: Mahomes flat-out missed Kelce and even pointed at himself after the play, yet Collinsworth said Kelce ran the wrong route as if it was a fact. That crap gets old. 

Yeah but he makes up for it with good situational analysis and he talks about line play more than most.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s 76. Might be concerned with his health in cold weather and the travel associated with the game. Or he’s just anti-Buffalo.

Turico is insufferable, says all the right things. Knows all the right generalizations of each team. But doesn’t really know the Bills. He will harp on the expected game narrative and never vary. Used to like him. He’s just become too generic covering too many sports. Bills need to win prime time games to change

perceptions. 

• Like (+1) 2