Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

😂

RGIII can actually run the same offense game plan as LJ. 

The problem may be the game plan on not the QB. 

Lamar has been a different QB this year from a decision making standpoint.  He’s leaving a ton of plays on the field by throwing to the wrong receivers.  

not to say that Romans offense isn’t without its issues.  It has them 💯, but Lamar is creating his own issues with bad decision making

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

😂

RGIII can actually run the same offense game plan as LJ. 

The problem may be the game plan on not the QB. 

I don't disagree. Someone in Baltimore will have to fall on their sword if they don't make the playoffs and I suspect that will be Roman

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lamar has been a different QB this year from a decision making standpoint.  He’s leaving a ton of plays on the field by throwing to the wrong receivers.  

not to say that Romans offense isn’t without its issues.  It has them 💯, but Lamar is creating his own issues with bad decision making

saying RGIII can replace LJ is not an endorsement for LJ. 😆 

And now Sunday game is in doubt

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/27/monday-tuesday-walk-throughs-complicated-the-ravens-situation/

WTF was the NFL doing approving walk-through practices and did they actually approve in-person meetings, or did the Ravens just decide on their own bat to violate the "intensive protocol" they should have been following and hold them?

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And now Sunday game is in doubt

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/27/monday-tuesday-walk-throughs-complicated-the-ravens-situation/

WTF was the NFL doing approving walk-through practices and did they actually approve in-person meetings, or did the Ravens just decide on their own bat to violate the "intensive protocol" they should have been following and hold them?

Titans got away with it so why shouldn't they?  They also got schedule changed to help them which may be what Ravens are attempting to do.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Remember, the Steelers got screwed in that deal too.  They had their bye week taken from them and replaced by an ultra-early 1 week bye after the Titans game was cancelled.

This was supposed to be a mini-Bye for them.  Nope...

I just hope we don't get bit again by the Covid bug. I really think that it hurt us in both the KC and Titans game. Plus I have no love lost for the steelers. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the Ravens are having their starting QB test positive or to be locked out of the building in an attempt to wrangle helpful schedule changes.

No, but you have to wonder if the “woe is us” and “no way we can play this week” mentality is at all from seeing the benefit of that 8th playoff seeding. 

If the league allows confessed malfeasance that caused an outbreak to trigger the 8th seed deal, and then that team gets the postseason because of it?... hm...

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the Ravens are having their starting QB test positive or to be locked out of the building in an attempt to wrangle helpful schedule changes.

No but once their QB and RBs were tested positive them may try to expand issue so they are accommodated hoping they can get players cleared as happened in Tennessee.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same thing Mcdermott did when this happened to titans ... can only have so many practices leading up to a game and not knowing when it will take place is challenging 

Why would they cancel practice? It just seems like I’d like to proceed as if we are playing Sunday. 

Edit: okay now I see. Still a tough call, but I’d probably opt to still practice 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same thing Mcdermott did when this happened to titans ... can only have so many practices leading up to a game and not knowing when it will take place is challenging 

I can’t link it via my phone, but Aditi had a post saying that forfeiture isn’t being considered.... really don’t understand that. If it’s proven that the Ravens negligence caused this, how are they going to slide on it?

Teams have to deal with the same stuff here. You have what you have. There are plenty of players to available to play the game. It’s not fair that only certain teams are getting time extensions. It needs to be the same rules for all the teams. The Bills were down guys against Arizona and got completely screwed over by that titan Chiefs schedule flux. It’s as simple as that. If you lose, you lose. Sucks but that’s how it is. You don’t just cancel the game when you have made other teams play. You can’t just make exemptions because it’s the QB.

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

That has to doom Sunday.  

Hope so would love to get this game as an early Monday doubleheader or a Tuesday night on its own 

Problem is the ravens have same issue as bills had where they play on Thursday next week so that will need to move too. Could move to Sunday or Monday like Bills/Chiefs 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope so would love to get this game as an early Monday doubleheader or a Tuesday night on its own 

Problem is the ravens have same issue as bills had where they play on Thursday next week so that will need to move too. Could move to Sunday or Monday like Bills/Chiefs 

That is exactly what I am expecting.  A Tuesday/Wednesday game this week and push back their games next week to Monday/Tuesday  to fit it in.  

My guess is Tuesday this week and Pittsburgh/WFT next Monday and Dallas/Baltimore on Tuesday because then Baltimore has a Monday night the following week.

I imagine like the Tennessee game - they are going to find a way to fit it in.