Josh Allen 32/49 65.35% 77.3 Rating 284 yards 2 TDs 1 Receiving TD

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Okay, I'll be honest.  You are terribly wrong.  Because he didn't throw for 400 yards and win by multiple scores, Allen is the problem.  Allen, like all players, have bad plays and bad moments.  In the end, Allen figured it out and walked off the field winning.  34 seconds left and up by 4, you are supposed to win that game.

Terrible take

Disagree. Allen is awesome. Elite player. But today was not a good day. He should have thrown 4 easy picks. Peterson dropped two. And that throw to singletary was ridiculous. He looked lost for much of the second half. He still picked himself up from the mat and had a great final drive (with some help from beasley). But it was not his finest effort.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

Hard to expect your qb to be perfect each week  31 yards rushing on 11 carries from our rbs yet again    Expect teams to just start standing up to rush Josh  every snap Why even play the run ?  All that said he delivered a td drive to go ahead with 34 seconds

So that excuses throwing the ball straight to the defender 3 times and hurling a ball to the middle of the field with one eligible receiver and 3 defensive players around him on the way to the ground?  Sorry, no.  His decision making sucked today and I’m not excusing it.  The game plan put the game in his hands and he couldn’t make the right decisions.  He had a great last drive, he left with the lead, but he ultimately was the reason the game was close enough to be in that position.  I believe Allen is the future and the present, but he was not great today.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Okay, I'll be honest.  You are terribly wrong.  Because he didn't throw for 400 yards and win by multiple scores, Allen is the problem.  Allen, like all players, have bad plays and bad moments.  In the end, Allen figured it out and walked off the field winning.  34 seconds left and up by 4, you are supposed to win that game.

Terrible take

The great thing about America is you are entitled to your opinion and you have the right to be wrong. Allen had a bad day.  He threw the ball right into the arms of the D 3 times today, 2 times they caught it.  He also threw an absolutely horrible ball to the middle of the field, with 1 eligible receiver and 3 defenders on his way to the ground, Singletary bailed him out, but another bad play.  He was not on, he did manage to have a great final drive.  Fact is, had he not made so many mistakes, there would not have been a need for a come back, not the opportunity for Murray to make the throw he did.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

So that excuses throwing the ball straight to the defender 3 times and hurling a ball to the middle of the field with one eligible receiver and 3 defensive players around him on the way to the ground?  Sorry, no.  His decision making sucked today and I’m not excusing it.  The game plan put the game in his hands and he couldn’t make the right decisions.  He had a great last drive, he left with the lead, but he ultimately was the reason the game was close enough to be in that position.  I believe Allen is the future and the present, but he was not great today.

The great thing about America is you are entitled to your opinion and you have the right to be wrong. Allen had a bad day.  He threw the ball right into the arms of the D 3 times today, 2 times they caught it.  He also threw an absolutely horrible ball to the middle of the field, with 1 eligible receiver and 3 defenders on his way to the ground, Singletary bailed him out, but another bad play.  He was not on, he did manage to have a great final drive.  Fact is, had he not made so many mistakes, there would not have been a need for a come back, not the opportunity for Murray to make the throw he did.

4 times, not 3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

We are going nowhere with Leslie Frazier.

This whole defense is so incredibly off this year. Players injured or opting out. Replacement players not stepping up. Old reliable players no so reliable anymore.  We're giving up nearly 30 points every week. I've never liked Leslie but I think Clappy calls most of the shots and Murray made us look foolish today. 

32 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

4 times, not 3.

My bad

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This whole defense is so incredibly off this year. Players injured or opting out. Replacement players not stepping up. Old reliable players no so reliable anymore.  We're giving up nearly 30 points every week. I've never liked Leslie but I think Clappy calls most of the shots and Murray made us look foolish today. 

Example, all out blitz on 3rd down, zero pressure on 4th at the same distance, dafuq?

2 hours ago, VW82 said:

It's games like this that make it more apparent Josh is the guy. He wasn't at his best and made crucial mistakes in the 2nd half, and yet he still brought us back on the road for what should've been the win. It was Russell Wilson-esk. Kyler Murray was just a bit better.  

Kinda like in the Texan playoff game to tie it at the end...

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Really? Cause I think Dane Jackson should be the permanent starter across from White. Every time I see that dude he is making a play.

Or does an INT, fumble recovery and a pass breakup in the endzone on Hopkins not count as stepping up in the 2.5 games he has been in there?

Edited by matter2003

Josh is having a great season, but he’s just not the type of player who you can put the ball in his hands 57 times and expect a clean game.  That’s just not who he is as a player.  If you’re going to ride him, you have to take the bad with the good.  He may learn how to be a game manager some day, but he’s a gunslinger today.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Thought it was Josh's worst game of the season. But what should have been the game winning drive was absolute money. 

Agreed. Either this game or the KC game was probably his worst of the season. And even with that being the case he still had a 70 QBR in this one. That's pretty freaking good. Murray had  a 60 QBR for comparison. 

The thing that is great is i was pretty confident we would score a TD as we were driving. Getting in FG range is automatic with Allen leading the way. The sad thing was I had never felt so worried about an upcoming a hail mary in all my year of watching the Bills. And that worry proved justified. Crazy feeling and result. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen plays better it’s a two possession game instead of us up 30-26. Allen simply can’t throw 2 bad picks per game. Time to step up Josh. 

Technically this was the first game all year he threw two Int's. Nobody puts the first pick in the Titans game on Allen. Not exactly reasonable to assume every game we win we will have more than a one score lead in the final minutes. But we have had more than a one score lead in the final minutes in four out of our seven wins this year so that's not bad.  New York Jets, Dolphins, Raiders and Seahawks. But some games will be close it's just the way it goes.

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

Fixed it for you.

True. He technically wasn't better at all. Allen 70 QBR Murray 60 QBR. Murray's passer rating was 10 points better but that's entirely due to the final play of the game which was pure luck on Murray's part. 

4 hours ago, Irish Dave said:

I mean how the ***** can you let a team drive the whole field in 34 seconds.   Don't you practice that????

I keep going back and forth from this to "it's only week 10 and we're in first place better to lose like that now."  

I have no in between.  

This hurt.  It hurt because being 8-2 pretty much locks us in.  Now it will be a dogfight. 

Hopefully that prepares this team for a playoff gauntlet that's going to be ridiculous.  Could end up playing Ravens Chiefs Steelers.

The AFC is going to be significantly tougher then the NFC for quite some time.  And Lawrence (Jets) and Fields (Jags) will be coming next year.  

11 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Allen did enough to have a 12th game winning drive. Major props to Diggs, Beasley and Bass. But DeAndre Hopkins is a stud  - what can you do?

strangely enough i am not too riled up about the loss.

You should also add in the INT's with Josh Allen 32/49 65.35% 77.3 Rating 284 yards 2 TDs 1 Receiving TD.  

Allen did enough, but he came close to having 4 INT's.  Just saying. 

He led the Bills on a go ahead drive but the Bills let too much time on the clock. 

Why McD called the TO is???   Time was on the Bills side.  Stopping the clock let the Cards plan up for the final push.  Mail Mary included. 

11 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

I'm riled up. Did you see how we lost the game? Our 3 best defenders couldn't stop the catch. That was embarrassing

I don't know how a Bills fan can watch that and not be riled up. What a joke.

Because one of the best receivers in the game just made a miracle of a play. Nothing that any of those 3 defenders really did wrong. Hopkins just got higher.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You should also add in the INT's with Josh Allen 32/49 65.35% 77.3 Rating 284 yards 2 TDs 1 Receiving TD.  

Allen did enough, but he came close to having 4 INT's.  Just saying. 

He led the Bills on a go ahead drive but the Bills let too much time on the clock. 

Why McD called the TO is???   Time was on the Bills side.  Stopping the clock let the Cards plan up for the final push.  Mail Mary included. 

I'd have to go back and watch it again, but I don't believe the clock was running when McD called that timeout.

Now, did it give the Cards time to draw up a play? Maybe. But I don't believe it afforded them any extra time on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Josh was really bad in the second half with exception of the TD drive and even on that he was bailed out by Beasley or that never happens. 

With that said, it doesn’t all fall on him but he was a big factor in the loss today 

Josh was so bad that he over came penalties galore, a terrible run game that Daboll kept calling putting them behind the sticks, and a dropped perfect setup to Singletary and threw what should have been the game winner. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

I would probably agree that this was his worst game of the year, given there were no weather conditions or crazy circumstances, however... if this is his worst game of the season, dude is a stud.   Still put up solid numbers, 30+ points and should have had the game winning drive, with an OL that’s injuries finally started to show and zero running game to play off of.