Is Tua hype the new Darnold hype?

whatdrought

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Also i've seen more than one rant this year from his boy, Chris, where he goes off on how he cant stand how well known media members basically just lurk and wait for Allen to have bad games and then say "i told you so". Earlier in the year he said he's never seen it play out like this for any other good young qb and he doesnt understand it at all.

People hate being wrong. Baker Mayfield has been all over the place. Lamar Jackson was at the tail end of what was supposed to be this great draft class at the QB position. Jackson ends up exceling the fastest. The dark horse Allen nobody seen coming with the glaring red flag concerning his completion percentage is now rounding the corner with a full head of steam in hot pursuit of Jackson.

Everyone gets their collective butts hurt because they were all so wrong...  

Edited by Figster

I actually heard this morning while discussing the Bills, something to the effect of

"They did beat Miami but that was pre-Tua"

I don't know but I think a Fitz lead Miami is a better team RIGHT NOW than a Tua led one.

It just struck me as really odd sounding...

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Also i've seen more than one rant this year from his boy, Chris, where he goes off on how he cant stand how well known media members basically just lurk and wait for Allen to have bad games and then say "i told you so". Earlier in the year he said he's never seen it play out like this for any other good young qb and he doesnt understand it at all.

I think many of the negative voices in national are failed QBs who wanted to be Josh but were not Josh.  They were great and deserved to be a Pro QB. The fact that Josh is that QB rubs them raw so they put him down to feel better about themselves.

Bruce G on NFL network is one of these guys.  

Tua is in a situation 100X better then Darnold was or ever will be with the Jets.

The Dolphins as an organization should concern us for the next few years.

Coach who is blossoming into one of the better ones,another strong draft in 2021 on the horizon, desirable place to play, lower taxes then Buffalo.

I think the Tua hype is a representation of all that we are seeing in Miami: Miami actually for once, has a blueprint for success.

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I actually heard this morning while discussing the Bills, something to the effect of

"They did beat Miami but that was pre-Tua"

I don't know but I think a Fitz lead Miami is a better team RIGHT NOW than a Tua led one.

It just struck me as really odd sounding...

It depends on how you look at it IMO. Fitz is now the mentor to a very talented young signal caller that he can mold. Chan Gailey is great at getting the most from his players. To me the more accurate Tua becomes an extension of Fitzpatrick on the football field.

The best of both worlds...

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

It depends on how you look at it IMO. Fitz is now the mentor to a very talented young signal caller that he can mold. Chan Gailey is great at getting the most from his players. To me the more accurate Tua becomes an extension of Fitzpatrick on the football field.

The best of both worlds...

Ok I agree with this.  In the long run, this set up has the potential to be fantastic.

I guess my mind was on the massive Offensive production Fitzy was generating and comparing it to what Tua has generated.

I don't think either of those games would've even been close if Fitz was in.  That's why I was surprised to hear them say it that way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaggersEOD said:

Ok I agree with this.  In the long run, this set up has the potential to be fantastic.

I guess my mind was on the massive Offensive production Fitzy was generating and comparing it to what Tua has generated.

I don't think either of those games would've even been close if Fitz was in.  That's why I was surprised to hear them say it that way.

Short term Fitzy might be the better QB.

I think the Dolphins needed to see what they have in Tua and this was the best time to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Was half listening to some talking heads on the radio discussing “elite” QBs.  Mahomes, Wilson, Brady etc    The one guy said “and I think you need to include Tua on that list”.  

After two whole games in the NFL and one of them under 100 yards.   It’s this type babble that is so ridiculous.  Really waters down what being elite means.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Was half listening to some talking heads on the radio discussing “elite” QBs.  Mahomes, Wilson, Brady etc    The one guy said “and I think you need to include Tua on that list”.  

After two whole games in the NFL and one of them under 100 yards.   It’s this type babble that is so ridiculous.  Really waters down what being elite means.  

Lol, probably a bama fan...

On a side note though Tua does resemble a young R W IMO.

Edited by Figster

Darnold is on the verge of being shipped out of NY.  Sorry but SC qbs never succeed. You can't make any assessment on a qb until they've completed 3 full seasons. The Tua / Herbert sample size is still way to small. I think most Bills fans would agree we finally have our franchise QB. Let's see what pans out. Before all his injuries Wentz was annointed the next great qb. Let the player marinate 3 years.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Even if Tua is nothing more than an average QB, the Dolphins should still be a competitive team who will make the playoffs. 

Having the right coaching and system to match a QB's abilities is key. Chan Gailey is probably one of the most versatile coaches in the league IMO. I think Tua gives both Gailey and Fitz allot of positives to pull from IMO. Its going to create a very competitive offense in Miami IMO.  I like it. I think squishing the fish is going to take on a whole new meaning.

I think Allen is in a very good match with the Daboll/O. An onnovative and expanding coaching style that is in sync with the sky being the limits with Josh Allen IMO  Its imperative the Buffalo Bills keep them together IMO. 

In ways I'm disappointed Tom Brady is no longer in the AFC East. The reason I feel this way is because I believe the Buffalo Bills finally have a QB that can compete against the greats IMO. ( and beat them)

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

Tua is in a situation 100X better then Darnold was or ever will be with the Jets.

Coach who is blossoming into one of the better ones,another strong draft in 2021 on the horizon, desirable place to play, lower taxes then Buffalo.

I think the Tua hype is a representation of all that we are seeing in Miami: Miami actually for once, has a blueprint for success.

We waited 20 years for Brady to leave the division and when we finally have found our franchise QB the dolphins look on the rise and jets will probably draft the best QB prospect of all time 

On 11/9/2020 at 5:46 AM, whatdrought said:

Maybe im a homer, but for two years I have been annoyed by media falling all over Darnold while hating on Allen. If Darnold sucked, it was his surrounding cast taking the blame. If Allen did something wrong it was “well we knew he was inconsistent coming out.”

Well now Darnold is done and Allen is a bonafide star, so you would think the positive energy would go towards Allen... right?

But so far, after yesterday, here’s what I’m seeing:

”Seattle’s defense is so bad and really allowed Allen to work.”

”My god!! Did you see Tua? That was ***** amazing!”

am I imagining this? 

Time will tell with Tua. I do believe that he’s in a better situation than Darnold though. Because he’s in a better situation, he could have the necessary time to grow like JA did.

I said this in another thread but, while first impressions die hard, it’s a sports analyst job to get beyond original narratives and first impressions. It still seems like some have not let go of their initial impression or narrative of Josh. Also, there will always be a few out there that just never like a certain player or team no matter how good they become.

It’s crazy though. As Buffalo Timmy said, the Tua hype is absurd.

Edited by BillsFan619

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Yeah a blueprint that from there own coaching admission they took from us.