A Few Thoughts About the Seahawks Game, in no particular order

Virgil

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The defense tackled better than they have all season.  We didn't have any missed tackles that ended up going for big yardage.  Lockett and Metcalf live off of YAC.  The defense held the line on that today.

Thank you for mentioning this.  It's something I called out during the game and meant to include.  Huge different from previous weeks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This was known when we brought him in, surprised they kept trying to force his square peg into a round hole style.

With the idea that Milano was out for a couple games I think they were literally trying to do just that as a "next man up" substitution.  With Milano on a snap count and limited in effectiveness and now on IR, perhaps they decided to rework the D to use him to his best effect.

Good work Virgil.  Thanks.

I think a healthy John Brown is an essential component of this Bills passing scheme. 

The Klein game is probably a one off where they didn't use him in coverage.    I hope he can keep up that type of pressure game, but the video  will give AZ a chance to plan around it.

Mama killed a chicken, thought it was a duck,

Put it on the table with its legs sticking up, 

Ain't it crazy, ain't it crazy

I am beginning to wonder, just a bit, if Josh is a warm weather QB?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think a healthy John Brown is an essential component of this Bills passing scheme. 

The Klein game is probably a one off where they didn't use him in coverage.    I hope he can keep up that type of pressure game, but the video  will give AZ a chance to plan around it.

Mama killed a chicken, thought it was a duck,

Put it on the table with its legs sticking up, 

Ain't it crazy, ain't it crazy

Not sure if it's about warm weather per se but I think the worst he looked was the KC game and I'd be surprised if the rain didn't play a factor in that.  The cold and windy Patriots game, I think he actually played quite well but he was only asked to throw 18 times so he didn't really amass yardage.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The Davis play wasn't reviewed because it wasn't ruled a TD on the field...McD would have had to challenge it...

Also I don't know if they really benched Phillips, I think they just made a decision to go with guys who gave them a better chance rushing the passer because Seattle was down to their 3rd string RB

Phillips only played last week because Butler was nicked up.  He probably won't see the field again unless someone else gets hurt.  He was never a 1 technique guy in college and they are asking him to play the nose only 1 year after ACL.  Wrong player for the wrong defense.  He may be a solid DT rotation guy but not likely be a quality starter at NT

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Shhhhh.  We haven’t told him yet 

I don’t visit the board much these days, but stop by specifically for your thread.  I’ve always enjoyed reading it and especially did tonight.  As Will Ferrell said in Old School...Keep on keepin on...

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

His play probably has more to do with coming off an ACL injury but if that is the narrative you want to go with so be it...

Well, at least you now agree that there are issues with his play. It certainly can be the ACL injury, the fact is he's not good enough right now, for whatever reason.

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

No, you really don’t. You’re horrible at this compared to Bill and Shaw. 

Really, that's uncalled for. Virgil does a tremendous job week in and week out. As Bill did, and Shaw continues to do. If you don't like it, don't read it. Just go away and be miserable somewhere else.

It takes a lot cowardice to be a keyboard bully. Have another beer and go sleep this off.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

#3 Big Hits

My Fave was Poyer demolishing  RB Dallas on the sideline :)

Dallas got up and I was like you know that hurt quit pretending it didn't...he then did the send in the BU wave and went to the Tent :)

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Did you see him out before the pre game? 

He didn't like it he thought it was too hot.

Throw out last weeks game against the Cheaters thats not on Josh

He was told to stay within the game plan(run game first) and not try to force the ball into 7 DB's

BTW good job again Virg  :)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The sacks aren't all on Allen. There were some jailbreaks. Do you blame Wilson for the sacks he took? 

I was getting frustrated with the play calling in the second half, as it didn't seem Daboll was adjusting to their pressure.  He finally called that screen to Moss, and I just read that it was Allen who acutally checked to the "Smoke Screen."  I don't think I've seen a draw play in weeks, other than a QB draw.  I'd really like to see Daboll do more to offset pressure, especially when the O-line loses a starter or two.  Fortunately, a big win.

• Like (+1) 2

Excellent write-up Virgil.  You echoed damn near all of my sentiments with regard to this game.  I also didn't have alot of confidence in us winning the game. I knew how bad Seattle's defense was coming in, but I still didn't pencil in a W.  Buffalo surprised the hell out of me.  

After a win like that, I've changed my prediction for the rest of the games this season.  I can truly envision us going 13-3, with the only additional loss coming against the Steelers.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

The only winning-record team that the Seahawks beat so far is the Dolphins. They still have an awesome offense and outscoring them is amazing--definitely a really good win. Things don't get easier next week with AZ. 

Josh minus the brace looked really good. The game plan in the last few weeks was a little more run-heavy but even so, his throws were a little less on target since the brace went on. The only bad throw I can remember yesterday was a bomb to Diggs down the left sideline where Diggs had a step and Allen overthrew everyone. 

One concern from yesterday on O: The offensive line was not great in pass pro in the second half. 

Edited by shoshin