Postgame Thread Bills vs. Seahawks

Chandler#81

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Particularly if Morse is out long term. Dawkins, Spain, Mongo, Ford, Williams would be solid. Can’t complain too much about how Böttger and Bates have played though. 

Ike has been solid but Bates from the eye test has played like a backup, that's not crapping on him he is a nice guy to bring off the bench to plug in but I thought he wasn't very good today. Hopefully the injuries to the oline are minor.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, vincec said:

I wonder how it feels for Carroll to have the worst defense in the league?

He was so shell shocked he literally resorted to saying "well if they ran the ball we really would have had a good plan for that."

I've never ever heard a coach say anything like that before.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is as impressive and encouraging a win as I can recall this team having.

There is so much "better" about this game than last week against New England, even if both are wins.

Most important of all, Josh and the offense were back to early season form.

They’re both great.   But nothing is more satisfying than beating  NE.

I understand your point, and today  was one of the most impressive wins for the Bills in the last 20’years. But last week was one of the most important games in 2 decades. That NE game was a hard hitting high intensity game, and it felt feat to beat them.  

Fun to discuss which is a better win

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Particularly if Morse is out long term. Dawkins, Spain, Mongo, Ford, Williams would be solid. Can’t complain too much about how Böttger and Bates have played though. 

There is more to that story. Not sure what it is, but the line looked fabulous today. They were a little rocky on the series where Winters and I think Ford both went out. As soon as they got to the sideline and got things straightened out they came back strong.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Josh Allen is life. Josh Allen is love 😍

Look how happy he is for his teammates. No wonder they love playing with and for him. 

Josh is the life of the Bills.   Our Franchise QB 

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just watched the David Moore long TD where he was wide open. It looked like Tre gambled by coming up to cover the up guy, and letting Moore run by him. Not sure I loved all the “gambling” Tre was doing out there today, but it did pay off on the one interception. 

Gambling was the game plan i think. We knew it was gonna be a shoot out so we stayed aggressive to try and get the TOs (they did too I’ll note). It’s an interesting tactic in a battle with two high powered offenses. I would like to see it again if/when we come across the chiefs again. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Gambling was the game plan i think. We knew it was gonna be a shoot out so we stayed aggressive to try and get the TOs (they did too I’ll note). It’s an interesting tactic in a battle with two high powered offenses. I would like to see it again if/when we come across the chiefs again. 

and if I recall correctly Russel should not of had time to make that pass.

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

As long as we don’t have another Covid situation to deal with I think we can beat anyone.

one thought Im having is if only the bye was this week we could really use this week to get guys healthy but alas its after this week. I just hope they dont get any more new injuries on top of what they already have and get heathly with the bye helping our team for the final push and playoff run

1 hour ago, HomeTeam said:

Look how happy he is for his teammates. No wonder they love playing with and for him. 

I sense a man/woman crush here..hahaha j/k Im teasing I know exactly what you mean and I concur. He's one of a kind guy. Listens to Elvis and Sinatra befiore games  🙂 How cool is that....Plus he's damn GOOD LOOKING 🙂 #girlcrush

Edited by Muppy

3 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Little scene at the end of McDermott's locker room speech where Allen was pushed into the center of the group, McDermott was patting him on both shoulders and it seemed like everyone who could reach was patting him and telling him they loved him (I assume because of his grandmother's passing,) and he said "No place I'd rather be.  No place I'd rather be.  Love you guys!"

The other thing I really liked about our glimpse of the locker room post-game was that Edmunds looked happy and relaxed.  First time I can recall this season where postgame, he hasn't looked like someone just ran over his Beagle.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just watched the David Moore long TD where he was wide open. It looked like Tre gambled by coming up to cover the up guy, and letting Moore run by him. Not sure I loved all the “gambling” Tre was doing out there today, but it did pay off on the one interception. 

Tre' is very disciplined.  If he was gambling, the game plan called for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Little scene at the end of McDermott's locker room speech where Allen was pushed into the center of the group, McDermott was patting him on both shoulders and it seemed like everyone who could reach was patting him and telling him they loved him (I assume because of his grandmother's passing,) and he said "No place I'd rather be.  No place I'd rather be.  Love you guys!"

That was awesome.

Took me a second to realize that it was Quinton Jefferson who got that other game ball. He's "Q" which I initially thought meant the QB, so what the heck is he calling Josh? Sounds like "Heath"? I keep hearing "Where's uh Q and Heath, c'mon Q and Heath". Is that not Allen who receives the game ball and rather some "Heath" character?

And once again you gotta love Diggs. Front and center, "we got you boy". Love to see it.

Edited by Nelius

10 hours ago, stevewin said:

Bills have been purposely telling Klein to play horribly all year just to get him on tape for opponents then surprise unleash him for this game.  4d chess.

OH, that Tricky McDermott!

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Where’s that grade school troll with the $ sign in his name?

My bad. Cooler for a week..🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Got to give Edmunds a b he was all over the field today

Agreed. What’s with the C?

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Thanks for The West Wing reference!👍

10 hours ago, gordong said:

That was a big win today.... I still hate how conservative we get though

😳 Wtf are you talking about??

10 hours ago, wjag said:

NFC West is turning into a paper tiger.

🤫SHHHHHHHHH! 

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just waiting to hear the reasons some folks will come up with as to why it's not, really....

And to the trio of Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, and John Brown I got your song:

"I'm too hot (hot damn) Called a police and a fireman I'm too hot (hot damn) Make a dragon wanna retire, man
I'm too hot (hot damn, hot damn) B word, say my name, you know who I am I'm too hot (hot damn)"

Anyone else think Stefon Diggs and John Brown heard one too many times about the great WR duo of DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett?

Don’t quitcher day job. 🎼

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

lol why are the dolphins in there? THe Bills are known to kill them.

Because they’re our closest winning chaser and just beat our next opponent. Follow the game and you won’t ask ridiculous questions.

8 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

7-2

Thats just sexy

Unsettling. -Not that there’s anything Wrong with that..

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mckenzie in his underwear again 

Quentin Jefferson and Heath farewell get the game balls... must have been integral in the film room/game plan from their Seattle days 

You’ve noticed this is repetitive?😳 Again, not that there’s anything Wrong with that..🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Miami is going to go 4-0 against their cupcake schedule the next month and be 9-3 heading into their game at home against the Chiefs.

So yes the Bills have little room for error indeed and must win next week against the Cardinals to keep pace.

Shut up.

• Haha (+1) 3