Jim Kubiak: How Bills QB Josh Allen figured out Patriots' amoeba defense

HappyDays

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, he's no Cam Newton...

According to posters on wall Billicheat is a genius and can make any QB look good.  That picture does look a bit like T*m Br*dy.  Can someone photoshop T*inted T*m's uniform on him?

Note: Never convinced it was a him.  I think it may just be an ugly woman who had a sex change.

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i havnt read through the thread yet. Has he started spouting off his mountain west stats and how it means we still cant bank on him to ever be a solid qb? that train is NEVER late.

How can a train never be late when it is so far off tracks?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

According to posters on wall Billicheat is a genius and can make any QB look good.  That picture does look a bit like T*m Br*dy.  Can someone photoshop T*inted T*m's uniform on him?

Note: Never convinced it was a him.  I think it may just be an ugly woman who had a sex change.

Belicheat develops QB's himself, didn't you know?

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, he's no Cam Newton...

You’re right.  Let me know when he wins MVP (we’re counting 4 game MVPs, right?) and goes to the SB.

its laughable how sensitive you are.  I had doubts about Allen and he has become such a better qb and is currently a better qb than Newton.  Why that makes some are you catty is weird.  But keep up the good fight.  You’re a hero.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re right.  Let me know when he wins MVP (we’re counting 4 game MVPs, right?) and goes to the SB.

its laughable how sensitive you are.  I had doubts about Allen and he has become such a better qb and is currently a better qb than Newton.  Why that makes some are you catty is weird.  But keep up the good fight.  You’re a hero.

Stop acting like a child.  You fluffed Newton and he proved to be the dud we all told you he was.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Stop acting like a child.

Haha, you’re the one crying because I’m not praising his NE game.

allen has progressed a ton.  He wasn’t good last Sunday.  Hopefully he will play like he did in the first 4 games against Seattle.

Just now, Doc said:

Stop acting like a child.  You fluffed Newton and he proved to be the dud we all told you he was.

You’re the one literally crying. I’m as cool as a fan.
Before the year, if healthy, I thought Newton was the better qb.  Allen has been better than him so props to Allen and I’ve changed my opinion.  It’s weird. You don’t have to blindly have your mind set on something and can change you mind with more information. 

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, you’re the one crying because I’m not praising his NE game.

allen has progressed a ton.  He wasn’t good last Sunday.  Hopefully he will play like he did in the first 4 games against Seattle.

You’re the one literally crying. I’m as cool as a fan.
Before the year, if healthy, I thought Newton was the better qb.  Allen has been better than him so props to Allen and I’ve changed my opinion.  It’s weird. You don’t have to blindly have your mind set on something and can change you mind with more information. 

Who's crying, much less "literally"?  The Bills won the game and just going by stats alone, Josh had a decent outing, going 11 for 18 (61.1%) for 154 yards (8.7 YPA), running for 23 yards and a TD and throwing an INT.  When you factor-in that it was rainy and windy leading to them run more, he had at least 2 drops (one a TD) and the INT was on Diggs, he had a really good game. 

What were you looking for?  To pass more in those conditions?  

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ignore how awesome I said he did this year and how the bar the should be raised to evaluate his play.  You soccer moms don’t let anyone disrespect your boy when someone dares thinks a 154 yard passing game with 1 int against a rams missing like 5 starters won’t be good enough for games against good teams.

Did you read the article?

23 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Belichick has pulled that little trick before.  I can't recall if EJ Manuel was the QB, or somebody else, but the Bills were completely befuddled.  I think he used it out of a sense of desperation about where the Patriots season is headed.  The fact that Allen and the Bills handled it, is a sign that this is a much better Bills team.  They will, hopefully, continue to be less vulnerable to Belichick's "creativity" in the future.

Ill be honest, it was awesome to see BB have to go deep into his bag of tricks to TRY and stop us.  The D standing up, the onside kick, the gadgety plays on several handoffs....he knew this game was the season and knew we have the better squad

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

B-b-but the geniuses on the Bills Facebook groups were calling for him to be traded/benched and have a replacement drafted because he's played terribly 4 weeks in a row now and has clearly regressed to "rookie Josh"!

It is not their issue. The inmates from BBMB have got no medical treatment since their asylum was shut down.

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop.  That was a bad game for Allen. 

we won but it would be nice if some fans could be objective.  

My man, I think you have gone straight cray-cray.

Bill Belichik's greatest strength is his ability to take away what you do best and force you into a game you don't play well, and he just spent Sunday bending every bit of his will toward getting inside Josh Allen's head and couldn't do so much as mess up the kid's hair. He called up about 30 different defenses, he was running zone dawgs, creeping DLineman, rolling varied coverages, twists up front and flooded zones in the back end and all Allen did was make good read after good read after good read. He checked out of bad matchups and into good ones that resulted in huge plays, he stood in and took big hits to make big plays, he threw tight ropes through swirling winds that were absolute dimes and he walked off the field a winner even with a gutted OLine, a gimpy Z receiver and the entire TE unit in absentia. 

Don't care about stats and don't care about highlights; that was a very smart, very tough performance from a 24 year old kid who looked like a 10 year vet with the greatest coach of all time personally gunning for him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Bill Belichik's greatest strength is his ability to take away what you do best and force you into a game you don't play well, and he just spent Sunday bending every bit of his will toward getting inside Josh Allen's head and couldn't do so much as mess up the kid's hair. He called up about 30 different defenses, he was running zone dawgs, creeping DLineman, rolling varied coverages, twists up front and flooded zones in the back end and all Allen did was make good read after good read after good read. He checked out of bad matchups and into good ones that resulted in huge plays, he stood in and took big hits to make big plays, he threw tight ropes through swirling winds that were absolute dimes and he walked off the field a winner even with a gutted OLine, a gimpy Z receiver and the entire TE unit in absentia. 

Don't care about stats and don't care about highlights; that was a very smart, very tough performance from a 24 year old kid who looked like a 10 year vet with the greatest coach of all time personally gunning for him.

Agree.

Bill Belichick is very good. I'm impressed how Bill's won. Bill threw everything at Bill's offense but had not much of a answer.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He is an ubber writer like Jerry Sullivan who wrote articles (reported by coworkers) before the game and made mods without changing any conclusions he wrote ahead of time.

What?  You can't be talking about Kubiak here.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Could not have said it better myself.

To his credit, Daboll deserves props for coming up with a game-plan that helped Belicheck-proof Allen's head and for applying hair-spray pre-game. 

But it was still on Allen to execute said plan, and he did, very well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2020 at 6:56 AM, Kwai San said:

As much as the Allen haters do not want to admit.....the lights are coming on - he is FINALLY taking what is given to him.....

Go BILLS!!!

I guess this is a good thing.

But how does the offense get back to 30-points again if Allen is succeeding within the confines of a zone defense?

If all it takes is a zone defense to take Allen from 300 yards to 190, then do we really care that it’s an efficient 190?

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I guess this is a good thing.

But how does the offense get back to 30-points again if Allen is succeeding within the confines of a zone defense?

If all it takes is a zone defense to take Allen from 300 yards to 190, then do we really care that it’s an efficient 190?

Well, in the Jets game, we had 2 TD that weren't (Turf Monster and Davis call-back for penalty).  Those 2 plays would matter less if we'd just gotten a few more while we were down in the red zone.  You could tell in the Monday presser after the game that Daboll was frustrated with some of the decisions Josh had made in those areas, so "better decision making and more consistent zone reads" are part of the development process.

The other missing piece was the run game.  If we can maintain a decent run game, and are able to gnaw off 5 ypc and 3 TD the way we did against the Patriots, teams got to come out of that soft zone and do something about our run game.

And that should re-open the chance for some of the deep shots.

The S factor (for shoulder): The team doesn't want to talk about it, and Allen certainly doesn't want to use it as an excuse but FWIW Bangedupbills thought the shoulder injury and the brace were interfering with Josh's throwing motion in the Tenn and the KC game.  It was observed Allen actually took the brace off in the 4th Q of the KC game, during which he completed 5 of 6 passes + a DPI on the 6th.  So there may be something to that.

It would be nice if Gabe Davis could rediscover the sure hands he had early in the season.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Did you read the article?

The article is conjecture. 11 completions cannot simply be explained away. 

The people who use the most amount of words are always hiding things. I'm still happy we scored 24 points against a defense with almost half the starters out of the game. 

Russell Wilson is what a great QB looks like against the Pats, and the 49ers looked like with a great running attack looks like against them. 

I'm happy for the win. Both the coaches and Allen could have been better. 

9 hours ago, BillsToast said:

The article is conjecture. 11 completions cannot simply be explained away. 

The people who use the most amount of words are always hiding things. I'm still happy we scored 24 points against a defense with almost half the starters out of the game. 

Russell Wilson is what a great QB looks like against the Pats, and the 49ers looked like with a great running attack looks like against them. 

I'm happy for the win. Both the coaches and Allen could have been better. 

How many times did he throw the ball?  What were the weather conditions?

On 11/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop.  That was a bad game for Allen. He has improved so much this year (more than I ever expected) but to try and say that was anything more than a meh game is so disingenuous.  That was a JV Pats defense without like 5 starters including the DPOY.

we won but it would be nice if some fans could be objective.  The Bills lose that game to any non bad team.  At this point of his career, it’s actually insulting to say that wasn’t a bad game.  He has set the bar much higher so let’s stop treating him like he is still a rookie from Wyoming. 

Really disagree with this. That INT was not Allen's fault and Davis dropped an easy TD.