Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

58 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I am just wondering what kind of sad life one leads that forces them to come onto anonymous football team message boards to talk this kinda crap lol. Like, how pathetic do you have to be to get your jollies from doing this? lol

I just feel bad for this guy. I know life can get really stale in moms basement, but like....try video games? 

that guy makes more sense than 90% of this forum who blindly approves whatever McD and Beane do. 

The reality is Allen has regressed in the last 4 weeks and we have a coaching staff that has no clue on how to change their gameplan after teams have pretty much figured out our offense. 3 passing touchdowns in the last 4 weeks is not good, and if we don't improve we will get exposed later this season. 

Edited by Penfield45

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

that guy makes more sense than 90% of this forum who blindly approves whatever McD and Beane do. 

The reality is Allen has regressed in the last 4 weeks and we have a coaching staff that has no clue on how to change their gameplan after teams have pretty much figured out our offense. 3 passing touchdowns in the last 4 weeks is not good, and if we don't improve we will get exposed later this season. 

Was Kroft tripping down the sideline, Diggs running a bad route, or Davis having a ball sail through his arms signs of an Allen regression? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

yea we will agree to disagree about your first statement.

As far as the second, you have valid concerns about the amount of TD passes the last 4 weeks. I would say there are a lot of factors that have went into that (weather, game plan, three TD passes being dropped, defenses adjusting for sure) aside from just "Allens regression". I dont think it was the coaching staff not having a clue how to change their gameplan though. But we will certainly find out over the next few games. 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

yea we will agree to disagree about your first statement.

As far as the second, you have valid concerns about the amount of TD passes the last 4 weeks. I would say there are a lot of factors that have went into that (weather, game plan, three TD passes being dropped, defenses adjusting for sure) aside from just "Allens regression". I dont think it was the coaching staff not having a clue how to change their gameplan though. But we will certainly find out over the next few games. 

4 TD passes the last 4 weeks...and of course that’s to say nothing of Davis’ drop, Kroft getting turf monstered, or Diggs lining up wrong and nixing another Davis TD.

Regression my left kidney.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Was Kroft tripping down the sideline, Diggs running a bad route, or Davis having a ball sail through his arms signs of an Allen regression? 

Regression of the total offense 

our passing game has totally went away in the last 4 weeks, and that is not up for argument. 

stop giving "weather" excuses. Mahomes threw fine in that game. 

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

I am just wondering what kind of sad life one leads that forces them to come onto anonymous football team message boards to talk this kinda crap lol. Like, how pathetic do you have to be to get your jollies from doing this? lol

I just feel bad for this guy. I know life can get really stale in moms basement, but like....try video games? 

I feel the same way about the resident Cheater fans on this board - what must your life be like to be a Cheater fan and spend so much time on a Bills board?

1 minute ago, wjag said:

This fan base is hangry after a win.  Tells me things are trending in the right direction.   😎

Not just any win; a win over the team that lorded over us for 20 years, a win that put the team at 6-2 and 4-0 in the division, and gave them pole position for a home playoff game for the first time in 25 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Newsflash everyone.  These are the same teams playing each other.  Crappy defense and lots of offensive weapons.  Going to be a great win Sunday

lol what? Seattle's offense is miles ahead of ours 

I will agree their defense is just as bad but Allen needs to step up big time Sunday to match whatever points Wilson puts up 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not just any win; a win over the team that lorded over us for 20 years, a win that put the team at 6-2 and 4-0 in the division, and gave them pole position for a home playoff game for the first time in 25 years.

I was pretty livid during the game and directly after the game, because we almost let a very bad team beat us. Then I calmed down after the game when I realized all of your above points. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

I was pretty livid during the game and directly after the game, because we almost let a very bad team beat us. Then I calmed down after the game when I realized all of your above points. 

Same here.  As much as I'd love to see more convincing wins, its the NFL.  The Titans just fell to a 1-6 Bungles team, the Bucaneers and Brady should have lost to a 1-6 Giants team, the Dolphins just blasted the Rams despite only gaining 145 yards of offense.  Week to week the NFL makes no sense.  Got to win games, and sometimes you need to do it ugly.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

lol what? Seattle's offense is miles ahead of ours 

I will agree their defense is just as bad but

Allen needs to step up big time Sunday to match whatever points Wilson puts up 

You're another one I pay little attention too lol

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I know this is opinion but how can you say this is 'out there'?

Wilson/Carrol combination have been two 2 SB's (won one of them) and perrenial contenders the last decade.

Could Allen and McClappy reach the same status? Sure...but right now the fact say otherwise and there is a specific reason why the Bills are underdogs at home this week because they are overmatched in many areas including QB/HC.

All of your takes make zero sense.  That's why

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The amount of crusading that’s taking place on almost every thread is getting ridiculous. I’m all for contrarian takes and legit criticism of the team but a constant negative “Allen sucks McD sucks Beane sucks the D sucks you suck we all suck“ is really sucking the life out constructive discourse on here. 

Hey vaginas, we are 6-2. We are on to Seattle. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Not sure if this has been posted:

In the last four games, Allen is 18-for-46 for 293 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions on passes that travel at least 10 yards in the air. That’s good for a passer rating of 32.2, worst in the league on those passes in that time frame. Expand that to passes 15 yards or more in the air, and Allen’s passer rating is second worst, ahead of only Sam Darnold in the last four games. It’s not as if the Bills aren’t giving him chances. Only four quarterbacks have thrown the ball 10 or more yards downfield more than Allen has in the last four weeks. He also had his top four receivers healthy on Sunday. His downfield passing game has disappeared, and if Allen can’t get it back, this offense will hover around the league average. Allen was one of the best downfield passers in football through the first month of the season. Defenses have adjusted to take it away, but Allen needs to find an answer.

Can you show your work please?  I think these stats are *****!  Thanks

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Same here.  As much as I'd love to see more convincing wins, its the NFL.  The Titans just fell to a 1-6 Bungles team, the Bucaneers and Brady should have lost to a 1-6 Giants team, the Dolphins just blasted the Rams despite only gaining 145 yards of offense.  Week to week the NFL makes no sense.  Got to win games, and sometimes you need to do it ugly.

Couldn't of said if better myself.  Way too often stats, predictions, point spreads my favorite (this team beat that team and this team beat that team so...)

show week after week, year after year not to mean spit when it comes to one individual game.

I wouldn't want it any other way.  That's what makes watching the game as a fan the best part of football!

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

espn fantasy projecting 20 points for lockett...yikes

I've got Lockett on my ESPN team, and while I understand scoring is slightly different from league to league, he's projected at 17.4 this week and his average to date is 19.1.