Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I've seen them play quite a bit this year.  It's a fun team, and Wilson is playing out of his mind.  He has a lot of targets to throw to.

But so does Allen, and the Hawks also have nearly as many flaws as we do.  Their defense can be just as inconsistent as ours, and they can tend to play to the level of their opponent.

I think Allen & the O can keep up with Wilson.  It should be a great game. I don't see us as being outclassed in any way.

100% agree. Seahawks should be favoured, but -2.5 to 3.5 seems about right. If it actually goes to -7.5 or something, seems like easy cash.

Also, having Feliciano back is huge. Hopefully Morse can play too, but is it a coincidence that the Bills got their run game going same day he made his return? Josh didn't throw a lot, but he didn't need to, and pocket protection will be a lot better. Bills need to pressure Wilson. Zimmer has made a case to be starting, I think. Even past the amazing forced fumble on Cam, he's played very well. This game will be on Wallace, White and Hyde to reduce those deep shots and hopefully the LBs can contain the underneath pass plays.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, you might have had an argument until you started talking. Woof. 

Minshew just got benched with no promise of him returning as the starter. Drew Lock? Have you actually watched Kyler play QB? 

If we waited 4 years to take a QB you’d be the first to cry about it, so Burrow and Herbert were never in the mix. Come on, man. 

HAD to take a QB, no question! And I’m happy with Allen as he develops. Aside from Jackson, he’s the best of his year. But, now we’ve seen new draft years and there was an outstanding one in 2019. Presently, I would say that almost 1/2 the NFL teams have a HOF/Excellent/ VG QB. This is no slight against Allen, just that he’s up against formidable competition.

Just now, High Football IQ said:

Assuming the Bills get smoked in this game similar to the Titans, what will the pulse of Bills mafia truly be?

Simply we lost to another SB contender type of team, the Bills are frauds and not a playoff team, or somewhere in between?

If the bills do lose big and are never really in the game at some point I would like to see the Pegula's publicly challenge this regime (specifically McClappy) and call them out for their lack of success against the league's better teams and all this process junk.

Seems like Bills Mafia is expecting to lose by three touchdowns, so anything less should be considered a victory.

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

If the bills do lose big and are never really in the game at some point I would like to see the Pegula's publicly challenge this regime (specifically McClappy) and call them out for their lack of success against the league's better teams and all this process junk.

Yeah, that's really Pegula's style...:doh:

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Assuming the Bills get smoked in this game similar to the Titans, what will the pulse of Bills mafia truly be?

Simply we lost to another SB contender type of team, the Bills are frauds and not a playoff team, or somewhere in between?

yes,  if the bills lose this sunday, i'm sure ownership will call out the staff...a 6-3 staff with the lead in the east.  my god.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, teef said:

yes,  if the bills lose this sunday, i'm sure ownership will call out the staff...a 6-3 staff with the lead in the east.  my god.

Maybe we can get Jauron back?

only 3 playoff years out of 4 after a 17 year drought???  This "process" crap needs to go.

Just now, SWATeam said:

Maybe we can get Jauron back?

only 3 playoff years out of 4 after a 17 year drought???  This "process" crap needs to go.

there are just certain people that will always complain.  

that being said, i don't think that's what @High Football IQ is doing.  the dude is in major need of attention.  i get busting people's balls, but this guy's family must not even pay attention to him.  i've never, ever seen anyone that starved to be noticed.  it's kinda sad.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Sounds like a great way for everything to blow up. Ownership publicly calling out the coach and players about their performance... that would make Buffalo seem like they have their stuff together.

I'll continue to say this... thank God you're not in charge of people. There would be an uprising the likes of which the world has never seen.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I live surrounded by 12th men and woman who have pitied my Bills fandom over the years.  And I gotta admit, when I first looked ahead to the Seahawks game after we put away the Pats, I sadly thought "blowout."  

But a couple of thoughts...

The Bills outgain their opponents by about 14 yards per game.  The 'Hawks on the other hand, are outgained by their opponents by about 47 yards per game.  Their defense isn't just bad.  It's really bad.   From a yardage standpoint, their D is more bad than their O is good.  From a yardage differential standpoint, we have the better team.  

Some pundits seem to think the Bills are an average team that lucked into their 6 wins while the Wilson-led Seahawks deservedly earned their 6 wins.  The algorithm used by FiveThirtyEight paints a somewhat different picture.   While the Seahawks are 4th in ELO, the Bills aren't far behind at 9th.  538 gives the Bills a reasonable 46% chances of winning this weekend.  Roughly speaking, it's a tossup.  

Your relying on painting a picture of each team that is made up of their entire season so far.  I guess you can argue that's one way to do it, and perhaps even an accurate one.

I would suggest it's meaningless because it incorporates too much tertiary data and the only relevant match up is the one played this Sunday.  I.E., compare who Seattle is now to who Buffalo is now, or even more specifically, who they are on Sunday.

I do not think this game is a tossup.  I think it's an easy win for Seattle.  

If we can out-score Russel Wilson and beat the Seahawks, we would be looking phenomenal.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Seahawks are giving up almost 360 yards passing per game.  I expect Allen to have 50 pass attempts.

I don't think we see that. The defense is starting to trend overall to average-ish, problem is, so is the offense. I think McD tries to play keep away from Russ like we did KC. 

At some point I would like to see our offense with Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, and Allen perform like are one of the top groups in the NFL and go toe to toe with another good offense. So far they have shriveled against the top teams, and have not found any swagger against the bad ones.

I will still be worried if we can't put up more than 25 points (median= 25/mean= 23.75) on one of the worst defenses in the league. We are averaging 19 ppg the last 4 weeks. Time to prove we still have it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think we see that. The defense is starting to trend overall to average-ish, problem is, so is the offense. I think McD tries to play keep away from Russ like we did KC. 

At some point I would like to see our offense with Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, and Allen perform like are one of the top groups in the NFL and go toe to toe with another good offense. So far they have shriveled against the top teams, and have not found any swagger against the bad ones.

I will still be worried if we can't put up more than 25 points (median= 25/mean= 23.75) on one of the worst defenses in the league. We are averaging 19 ppg the last 4 weeks. Time to prove we still have it. 

I'm starting to worry about the offense.  I'm scared to death of our defense.  

I don't know how we win this game but crazy things have happened in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Seahawks are giving up almost 360 yards passing per game.  I expect Allen to have 50 pass attempts.

i figured that if they could get the run game going again, they would rely much more on that to keep wilson off the field. 

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Newsflash everyone.  These are the same teams playing each other.  Crappy defense and lots of offensive weapons.  Going to be a great win Sunday

Wilson is better than Josh (hurts to admit) and Lockett + Metcalf are better than Diggs + Brown or Beasley. If the Bills win this game, it's up to the pass rush and corners + Hyde to prevent the deep ball. The open field tackling has to be much better, too.

8 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Actually I am a manager of multiple people in my line of work.

I treat my team fairly but I believe in 'social accountability' vs closed door management. It makes the individual understand what they need to improve and puts positive pressure to correct shortcomings and fellow team members also understand what's expected of them so they don't make the same mistakes.

Regardless I understand why some folks think this would be a negative but if you look at this head coaches record against teams that made the playoffs each year (3-15 entering 2020) it's fair to say he's not very good against the NFL top tier teams despite his overall body of work and W/L record.

The way I see it beating the top tier teams requires being able to beat the teams you should beat 1st for the most part and then taking it to the next level. I agree with you.

Its time for Buffalo to take it to the next level. 

Just now, Boxcar said:

Wilson is better than Josh (hurts to admit) and Lockett + Metcalf are better than Diggs + Brown or Beasley. If the Bills win this game, it's up to the pass rush and corners + Hyde to prevent the deep ball. The open field tackling has to be much better, too.

I never said anyone was better.  The two offenses don't play each other

Just now, High Football IQ said:

If Allen was on the same level as Wilson and McClap as Pete Carroll I would agree.

What concerns me the most about this game is Metcalf....this kid is an animal and going to destroy White or whoever tries to cover him.

I'm sorry, I don't take anything you say serious.  You are too out there for me

• Like (+1) 1