Rewatched the Jets game, not good for Edmunds.

TwistofFate

You guys with this injury nonsense! His injury isn’t to his brain. Or is it? He is woefully out of position on play after play after play. Now, he’s either not listening to the coaches or he’s not being well coached. If we can all see it, you have to wonder what’s going on in the film room! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

To me it looks like he is trying to gut it out with an injury

They should sit him till he is healthy

If that injury is making him take terrible angles, over shoot gaps, or not even attempt to tackle a RB in the backfield he shouldn't be playing.

This reminds me of 2016 Stephon Gilmore talk—people on this board were absolutely incensed at his “poor” play (even though he allowed 2 TDs all season and a passer rating below 65). Regardless of how clearly the tape showed that he was doing his job and playing well, folks didn’t care. He was persona non grata and that was that.

It appears that Edmunds is that guy now. I’d post clips and do some explaining, but (a) guys like Cover-1 and others have already done the work and (b) I’ve seen how this game ends.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

He looks like he his avoiding contact head on. He has also been overshooting gaps since his rookie year.  They should try him outside. I feel bad for the young man.  I hope they find a position that suits his skill set.

A move from MLB to WB could help.

wb.jpg.c56f94457fb153069141661da36c89cd.jpg

Edited by BillsRdue

18 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If he is truly hurt they should consider calling it a season for Edmunds and have him get the surgery if needed.  Sounds like just about anybody is a wash or even an upgrade. 

He doesn't look hurt, he looks like he's consistently making bad reads and decisions

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This reminds me of 2016 Stephon Gilmore talk—people on this board were absolutely incensed at his “poor” play (even though he allowed 2 TDs all season and a passer rating below 65). Regardless of how clearly the tape showed that he was doing his job and playing well, folks didn’t care. He was persona non grata and that was that.

It appears that Edmunds is that guy now. I’d post clips and do some explaining, but (a) guys like Cover-1 and others have already done the work and (b) I’ve seen how this game ends.

Yo bandit, never let the facts get in the way of a great groupthink pitchfork fest. 

Gilly comp is on point 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You guys with this injury nonsense! His injury isn’t to his brain. Or is it? He is woefully out of position on play after play after play. Now, he’s either not listening to the coaches or he’s not being well coached. If we can all see it, you have to wonder what’s going on in the film room! 

Well it’s funny,  because those who analyze film say he isn’t out of position play after play and he’s actually doing his job. Cover1 talks about how his film actually looks ok and the reactions after the game are knee jerk. 

But facts don’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Well it’s funny,  because those who analyze film say he isn’t out of position play after play and he’s actually doing his job. Cover1 talks about how his film actually looks ok and the reactions after the game are knee jerk. 

But facts don’t matter. 

Seems an agenda can blind some eyes to film which does not lie.

As a side note, I bet Edmunds will often be in the QB Spy role this weekend vs. NE. Probably some back side escape concerns with Newton I'd imagine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Went back to watch Edmunds and the defensive front 7 specifically.  Edmunds was really bad. 

If those are the worst plays he probably had a pretty good game. 

About five or six of those are really good examples of how the DL is letting him down. Two of them are hands plays. And nearly all of them are very early in the game. Not a single one in the second half except the tough dropped pass.

To me when a guy as motivated as you clearly are to make him look bad can't do any better than this, it's hopeful.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Seems an agenda can blind some eyes to film which does not lie.

As a side note, I bet Edmunds will often be in the QB Spy role this weekend vs. NE. Probably some back side escape concerns with Newton I'd imagine.

I expect New England to run the ball on every single play on Sunday until the Bills show they can stop it.

• Like (+1) 3

I can't stand seeing him shy away from contact. I have to assume some sort of injury must be on his mind (even if it's not major, could be mental), since I've almost never seen a MLB do it to this degree. 

Either way I'm shocked he's still playing by this point. Anybody trying to make it in the NFL would die for a chance to at least throw their body around and find contact.

I see his athleticism, and I'm sure those that know more than me may see better play. But all too often it's hard to ignore a MLB so reluctant to get in the mix.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Some people seem to think that anytime a guy gets blocked it means he's out of position. T'ain't so.

As many have pointed out, the folks who know, like Cover One, and do extensive and intelligent films study say he's starting to get better and that he wasn't in the wrong places and time.

It's typical, though. Finding a scapegoat and grabbing the pitchforks seems to be the signature move for a lot of fans on these boards.

12 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Hard to play with confidence if you aren’t confident in your body. I still think he can be a great player for us, but something is wrong. The coaching staff is trying to stick with him to show him they have confidence in him, but it’s hurting the team.

Yep even if the physios don't think the injury is too serious, it clearly looks like some sort of injury is on his mind. 

I'd sit him until he gets it figured out because I don't think forcing him in with it affecting him like this is helping his confidence / form.

Depends on what's going on between the ears

I imaging everytime he sees a run play he's ****ting his pants

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

The Bills need to explore/execute a trade for a linebacker before the deadline. 

And I agree with several of the fans on here. Edmunds is a problem right now. I don't care how young he is, or if in 3 years he'll be good, right now he is not a good MLB. 

You're coming to a point where you might have to move him around and see if he can rush the passer, or use him only in subpackages. 

43 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Some people seem to think that anytime a guy gets blocked it means he's out of position. T'ain't so.

As many have pointed out, the folks who know, like Cover One, and do extensive and intelligent films study say he's starting to get better and that he wasn't in the wrong places and time.

It's typical, though. Finding a scapegoat and grabbing the pitchforks seems to be the signature move for a lot of fans on these boards.

Instead of finding a scapegoat, couldn't it be pointing out a weakness on this team and discussing why that might be?

When you say some people, the same could be said about the people who act like the Bills are in this indefinite mode of development for the future. 

We are fairly good right now, so why not try and figure out what to do with Edmunds? 

Why are we rushing in to always make excuses?

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

But facts don’t matter. 

So Edmunds is playing well? 

I think the Bills should be transitioning Edmunds to being an edge.

He doesn't have the instincts to play inside, but at 6'5, 250+ and with the issues we have on the outside, I don't see why we don't begin trying to move him into a spot where his build and skill set can be more useful.