Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Honestly if we cant beat this Pats team in the shape they are in then were simply not going to get over the hump under McDermott.  Its a bad struggling team with no wrs and a qb who is playing terrible.  Defense should be able to hold a one dimensional team out of the end zone period

I'm getting to the point after all the news that the only path NE* has to a W is too many turnovers and/or fluky Special Teams plays. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yep. And that combo has kicked our asses many times over the years. Bellyache knows how to scheme a running game against a team shown to be vulnerable up front. 

Bills have shown an ability to shut down one aspect of an opposing O but not both. Shutting their run game down seems doable...having Cam throw against us? I like it. 

McDermott and Eric Washington know exactly what makes Cam uncomfortable. It’s going to be up to the players to execute the scheme tomorrow. I really see this as a huuuuuge Bills victory. Up by 21 at half and there is no come back. Love to see Belichick’s face in the fourth sitting there in the rain wishing it was 2002 and Tommy was with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Coach knows exactly how to beat Cam. Gonna win this by 3 scores easy.

Yes, you would think so.

I will be very disappointed if the Bills lose this game the way things have lined up.  First is McD familiarity with Cam.

Second, the Bills have struggled with slot receivers this season and with Edelman forever and he’s out.

Third, Belechick likes to take away the opposing offense’s best weapon, which is Diggs, but Gilmore isn’t going to play.  So, does he still focus on Diggs or contain Josh in the pocket?

All of the above work to the Bills favor and they need to take advantage of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Yes, you would think so.

I will be very disappointed if the Bills lose this game the way things have lined up.  First is McD familiarity with Cam.

Second, the Bills have struggled with slot receivers this season and with Edelman forever and he’s out.

Third, Belechick likes to take away the opposing offense’s best weapon, which is Diggs, but Gilmore isn’t going to play.  So, does he still focus on Diggs or contain Josh in the pocket?

All of the above work to the Bills favor and they need to take advantage of them.  

aren't most coaches familiar with him? He's been in the league a while now

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Exactly why questions about McDermott need to be asked if we lose this game.

We do have the strongest-armed QB in the NFL, so it seems like if any team should be able to deal with wind, it's us.

No excuses.  Patriots struggled against the Broncos and Niners and both of those teams were 100% one dimensional and both qbs turned the ball over.  Should be no excuse for the Bills not to play 1 safety high and get after the run and Cam.  Poyer should be basically a extra linebacker the entire game and the corners should be playing close to the los.  Even if Cam suddenly can complete a forward pass who is going to separate on that receiving core. 

On offense Daboll can afford to be patient and run the football Dont just let them drop 8 all game and flood all the passing lanes waiting for a mistake or hiccup in the pass game.  I expect Josh to run tomorrow  Hopefully he covers himself up and does not take needless hits and holds onto the ball with two hands.  "Two hands Josh" 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

No excuses.  Patriots struggled against the Broncos and Niners and both of those teams were 100% one dimensional and both qbs turned the ball over.  Should be no excuse for the Bills not to play 1 safety high and get after the run and Cam.  Poyer should be basically a extra linebacker the entire game 

Probably right.  His tackling seems to be a lot better this season than last, which is good.

Honestly with all the players out for the Pats this is a full Bills team versus a 2nd/3rd string Pats team.

They should win and win easily. There is nothing to really be impressed with if they win. The Jets might have more talent than the team we are playing tomorrow

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Ok, off topic, but I am the only one who gets these alerts from the Bills and it seems like they’re written by a 13 year old girl (read: Maddie Glab) with emojis?  

Look, I dig emojis and have read the science about the usage of them but these are over the top. Type the flipping words!!!

Edited by TroutDog

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

No excuses.  Patriots struggled against the Broncos and Niners and both of those teams were 100% one dimensional and both qbs turned the ball over.  Should be no excuse for the Bills not to play 1 safety high and get after the run and Cam.  Poyer should be basically a extra linebacker the entire game and the corners should be playing close to the los.  Even if Cam suddenly can complete a forward pass who is going to separate on that receiving core. 

On offense Daboll can afford to be patient and run the football Dont just let them drop 8 all game and flood all the passing lanes waiting for a mistake or hiccup in the pass game.  I expect Josh to run tomorrow  Hopefully he covers himself up and does not take needless hits and holds onto the ball with two hands.  "Two hands Josh" 

If Josh does run tomorrow he better hang onto the ball because multiple turnovers are about the only way I see the Patriots staying with the Bills tomorrow.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

aren't most coaches familiar with him? He's been in the league a while now

Sure. I think Washington being the DC with Cam last season knows better than anyone what Cam struggles to overcome. Not saying Cam can’t overcome it but I’m sure coaches at Carolina knew more than coaches watching film. 

25 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ok, off topic, but I am the only one who gets these alerts from the Bills and it seems like they’re written by a 13 year old girl (read: Maddie Glab) with emojis?  

Look, I dig emojis and have read the science about the usage of them but these are over the top. Type the flipping words!!!

they’ve got that drip 💧 💯 

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

The 20mph windspeed is just the prediction of the prevailing wind. That prediction doesn't account for wind gusts. 

Here's a site that I use in Los Angeles for sailing, and it's generally (at least, for LA) the most accurate I've found. it has the winds gusting to 36mph, and with rain? That's pretty brutal. 

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/buffalo

So rain for the first half, about a 1/8 inch. Temps in low 40's to upper 30's. Winds steady 20-25 to the east.  Bills needs to be going to the tunnel in the 4th quarter. WInd at their backs.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Charles Jones 3.5 days on the Practice Squad?  Wonder what happened there?

If I'm correct, we cannot return Jackson to the practice squad without him passing through waivers - so do we keep him on the active roster now?

Interesting choice on elevating Brandin Bryant.  How many DLmen does that give us on the roster now?