Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

I hate these games. They win no big deal, they were supposed to anyway. 

They lose, holy crap the house is on fire. 

Win means nothing. 

They need to stop the bleeding. Get a win to go 5-2 and go from there. I don't care who they beat. Its not the Bills fault the Jets are a clown show.

Yes the Jets suck, yes Darnold is likely out or at least hobbled. But all the pressure is on the Bills.  After the past 2 games and how much the Jets suck, anything short of a crushing will be largely looked at as a failure by the Bills.  A lot of eyes will be on the Bills, and so far when the spotlight has been on them ...

31 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yes the Jets suck, yes Darnold is likely out or at least hobbled. But all the pressure is on the Bills.  After the past 2 games and how much the Jets suck, anything short of a crushing will be largely looked at as a failure by the Bills.  A lot of eyes will be on the Bills, and so far when the spotlight has been on them ...

Steelers and Titans play at 1:00. I don't think to many eyes will be on the Bills-Jets game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Today's Daily News has the Bills favorite by 12.5.

Good lord.  Unfortunately, it seems that the Bills are turning into the sort of team that plays to the level of their opponent, unless it's a good opponent, then we roll over like docile puppies.

12.5 is a huge spread in a professional football game.  The Bills are a really soft team this year.  No doubt there's a ton of talent on O, but they're not going to impose their will on anyone, they're mentally weak, and now seem to be physically fragile as well.  Where's Rusty Jones when we need him most?   I'm going to have to resist temptation if the spread stays this high because i could very easily see us jumping out to a lead then letting the jets stay in the game and have it decided by a TD or less.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Good lord.  Unfortunately, it seems that the Bills are turning into the sort of team that plays to the level of their opponent, unless it's a good opponent, then we roll over like docile puppies.

12.5 is a huge spread in a professional football game.  The Bills are a really soft team this year.  No doubt there's a ton of talent on O, but they're not going to impose their will on anyone, they're mentally weak, and now seem to be physically fragile as well.  Where's Rusty Jones when we need him most?   I'm going to have to resist temptation if the spread stays this high because i could very easily see us jumping out to a lead then letting the jets stay in the game and have it decided by a TD or less.

On the flip side the Jets with Gase get blown out on a regular basis. I have to look it up but they lose by double digits in most of their games. Even if the Bills are soft I expect Allen to have a really good game throwing the ball. I think they will cover but I wouldn't bet on it.

Edited by Greg S

22 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I should guarantee a Bills win and take the Jets and the points.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

On the flip side the Jets with Gase get blown out on a regular basis. I have to look it up but they lose by double digits in most of their games. Even if the Bills are soft I expect Allen to have a really good game throwing the ball. I think they will cover but I wouldn't bet on it.

Not by us they don’t!

Bills and broncos are the only teams not to beat the jets by more than 10 points.

If we don't win by at least two touchdowns it's time to start hitting the panic button.

We need to show we can beat up a historically bad team. A win is a win, yea yea. But not in this case.

Need to show a killer instinct and the ability to dominate a game. Enough playing down to our competition. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

I hate these games. They win no big deal, they were supposed to anyway. 

They lose, holy crap the house is on fire. 

Win means nothing. 

I would like to see a thumping. It would be great to see 40 or more points put up and would be nice to see the D do whatever it takes to improve.