Trent Murphy and Harrison Phillips benched for Chiefs game

YoloinOhio

All I know is that Mahomes can be beat if we can get to him. We need agile pass rushers who won't be made to look foolish when he gets outside the pocket. We all know we have great coaches. Great coach put the right players in the right places at the right time. I trust this decision and expect to see it pay off tonight. I just wish it hadn't been leaked. Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about Phillips at the moment.  I do feel like he has been asked to play in a manner that isn't his strength, but I also feel like he just has to be better.  Coming out of college, wasn't he seen as the penetrating DT?  Is he not being asked to do that or is he just unable at this level? 

Honestly I think he hasn't recovered from the injury. He was a beast last year before he got hurt.

23 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

100% guaranteeing that KC will run strait up the middle all night long

In fact thats what they have been doing. I watched their past two games and they run mostly up the middle....

While getting their best pass rushers on the field more surely plays a part in this decision, I think it also means the Bills will be copying the Raiders’ strategy and dropping 8 all game long.

Guessing it also means White and Milano play.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

Also using two inactive spots on healthy guys is a really good sign for Milano white and brown, definitely seems like we will have all three back which is HUGE. 

Different positions. I don't think that's the case at all.

But let's hope they are back.

Phillips makes sense to me based on his performance and the opponent.  Murphy not so much - I am terrified of watching Darryl Johnson sell out over and over again on run fakes schemed up by Reid.  Not that I love Murphy but I’d have thought a veteran end would be a better play against the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's one thing I do respect about McDermott, he won't hesitate making changes if there's struggles.

He may be slow to make a change (at least in fans minds), but when he does, it's usually effective

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

While getting their best pass rushers on the field more surely plays a part in this decision, I think it also means the Bills will be copying the Raiders’ strategy and dropping 8 all game long.

Guessing it also means White and Milano play.

That strategy works IF the 3 you rush actually can generate pressure. I don’t have much confidence in our D line to do that. Hopefully I’m proven wrong. 

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I was wondering how they have been running considering Edwards-Helaire is a shorter back. This answers my question before I even had to ask. 

I figured they would be a outside zone scheme since CEH isn't big or really fast but I've seen a ton of his runs right up the pipe the past two weeks