Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Seasons1992

David Irving reinstated by NFL (DE formerly of the Cowboys)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

His drug issues were with marijuana, which is now legal in the NFL, so maybe he's worth bringing in. He averaged nearly 1 sack every two games over his three years in the league, not too shabby at all.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure that his dealer gives him mellow weed, so he’s ready to be at practice and work hard and we are good. Hell, couldn’t hurt to bring him in and take a look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t seem like a process guy.  He’s also been out of the league so long, I can’t see him being impactful for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

We don't need Smoky Mcpotsmoker.

Probably a solid quarter of our current team😉

  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Probably a solid quarter of our current team😉

 

So that is current problem. Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Doesn’t seem like a process guy.  He’s also been out of the league so long, I can’t see him being impactful for a while. 

 

I would say the same but then Aldon Smith..  I know Irving wasn't ever on that level but he was still pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets just bring in everybody

 

Oprah Winfrey You Get ACheck GIF - OprahWinfrey YouGetACheck GIFs

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

His drug issues were with marijuana, which is now legal in the NFL, so maybe he's worth bringing in. He averaged nearly 1 sack every two games over his three years in the league, not too shabby at all.

Low Risk Signing and I definitely would make the call and see what I can do. Upgrades the Defense and does upgrade the pass rush. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Probably a solid quarter of our current team😉

That seems low to me.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

After the Aldon Smith experiment, why not? He is sneakily good - and his best years in Dallas were playing DT. He can compete with and backup Oliver. He was very good at generating pass rush from the DT position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That seems low to me.

 

 

Didn’t want all the old guys on here to 💩 themselves😂

Who cares if anyone smokes weed???

Dude, it 2020 and about to be legalized nationally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Didn’t want all the old guys on here to 💩 themselves😂

Who cares if anyone smokes weed???

Dude, it 2020 and about to be legalized nationally.

I don't care!  I was responding to the other guy who said he didn't want pot smokers.

 

The entire NFL smokes pot; it's part of the culture of the game now, just as much as all this long hair we seem to see sticking out from all the helmets these days.

 

I think the guys (wisely) use it as a pain reliever.

 

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

His drug issues were with marijuana, which is now legal in the NFL, so maybe he's worth bringing in. He averaged nearly 1 sack every two games over his three years in the league, not too shabby at all.

 

 

It's not legal.

 

It's just that instead of game penalties the players can get fined.

 

In any case, I'm alright with the guy if weed is his only problem but if he's at all expensive we likely won't be able to enter the pursuit.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't care!  I was responding to the other guy who said he didn't want pot smokers.

 

The entire NFL smokes pot; it's part of the culture of the game now, just as much as all this long hair we seem to see sticking out from all the helmets these days.

 

I think the guys (wisely) use it as a pain reliever.

 

 

Agree wholeheartedly!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 3:46 AM, GunnerBill said:

 

I would say the same but then Aldon Smith..  I know Irving wasn't ever on that level but he was still pretty good.

 

 

It would be one thing if he just got suspended.

 

He literally QUIT football because he wasn't allowed to openly use MJ.

 

Always loved the talent and maybe there is a lot more to the story but it might be harder to sell the "we value players who love the game of football" to the locker room after bringing in a guy who made football such a low priority.

       

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

It would be one thing if he just got suspended.

 

He literally QUIT football because he wasn't allowed to openly use MJ.

 

Always loved the talent and maybe there is a lot more to the story but it might be harder to sell the "we value players who love the game of football" to the locker room after bringing in a guy who made football such a low priority.

       

This is what I was thinking.  Then again, just because we sign one player that doesn’t fit that narrative we can still “value players who love the game”.  In certain cases, like when a player seems to fit exactly what we need in terms of skills, take the chance that our culture can be exactly what that player needs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...