AC/DC on GMFB = Super Bowl halftime?

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Average age in this thread o/u 50.5

and they are a great band but I don’t really think they have any appeal to people 30 and under.  But it won’t be the worst choice. 

Over for me but not by much. LOL

Yes to AC/DC.

Please!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Or just the NFL pimping themselves out to a big band with a new album coming out?

It shows how irrelevant radio has become for rock bands, even legendary ones. Because 99% of the classic rock format stations that play the crap out of AC/DC won't play a new record by them. So the only way to get the word out...is during a football game.

For an old rock jock like myself it's really sad what radio has become. Back in my day stations would stab each other in the back to be the first to play an album.

Any Syracuse people here? Remember 94 Rock and 95X? Back in the early 80s there was a new Judas Priest album and Tommy Nast at 94 Rock got a deal with the record company to play the album first. 

This was before FedEx, so the only way to express deliver something from NYC was by Greyhound bus. Ted Utz at 95X got wind of this and went to the bus station, said he was Tommy Nast and grabbed the record first! What a crap storm ensued. :lol: Those were the days, man.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

The amazing part of this is that Brian Johnson has actually returned to sing. He quit mid-tour last time (2016)and Axl Rose replaced him because he was losing his hearing. He spent 3 years on experimental treatment that has, apparently, created a solution for his hearing loss. I doubt that it would be a good idea for him to tour with the volume that they play at, but a studio album Is a good solution.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Average age in this thread o/u 50.5

and they are a great band but I don’t really think they have any appeal to people 30 and under.  But it won’t be the worst choice. 

A true statement probably 5 or 10 years ago, but look around at some of the younger kids (HS age) and you'll see a bunch of 80's era rock T-shirts, etc.  It has come around full circle.  They are seeing stuff like Motley Crue's "The Dirt" on Netflix and thinking hard rock is pretty cool again.  Go figure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

A true statement probably 5 or 10 years ago, but look around at some of the younger kids (HS age) and you'll see a bunch of 80's era rock T-shirts, etc.  It has come around full circle.  They are seeing stuff like Motley Crue's "The Dirt" on Netflix and thinking hard rock is pretty cool again.  Go figure.

I don't know. All of the kids I know that age are 100% hip hop.