Report - Daboll “Logical Candidate” for Texans Head Coaching vacancy

Hard to imagine that he’d be interested. They are a tire fire and have no 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/report-bills-oc-brian-daboll-candidate-for-texans-head-coach-job/71-3aee4d5c-61d1-4ca5-a703-c7c64036bd07?fbclid=IwAR3sDE6BbU9Ky0pBceeB754BVwf6OVM5n6FCu78X98XDwYxrNZuwx6lX5fg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It doesn’t say he will be considered. It’s a reporter saying he’s among “logical candidates” for the job, which is his opinion. Not your fault, but WGRZ doesn’t seem to understand the difference.

Thanks, that’s a big distinction. I changed the title.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The sooner some of us come to terms with Daboll leaving for a HC the better it will be. I just don’t see why he wouldn’t. Now not getting offered the job is something else. 

yeah, he's gone for sure.   he did his job here, made Josh an NFL QB.  best wishes BD

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The sooner some of us come to terms with Daboll leaving for a HC the better it will be. I just don’t see why he wouldn’t. Now not getting offered the job is something else. 

He may like it here and the position he is in and the people he works for and with.

He may want to finish the job....playoff wins....SB

Has he ever said he aspires to be a HC?

21 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

He may like it here and the position he is in and the people he works for and with.

I think going on Interviews is a pretty big sign you want a HC job. 

26 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

yeah, he's gone for sure.   he did his job here, made Josh an NFL QB.  best wishes BD

Yes. Also why do people think Josh is going to suddenly revert back to 2018 Josh? Josh had to learn to read defenses, had to learn to throw to spots, adjust to the speed of the NFL, trust his receivers and his line. Daboll is calling some great plays because Josh has developed and Daboll has the players finally, Josh is executing them. 
It appears as though some people believe that Josh  doesn’t  contain the ability to retain information and skills he has developed the first three years in the league. I’d say Josh has constantly been developing since he left high school. Josh is very coachable. McDermott and Beane will find a good replacement when the time comes for the OC.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

23 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I think most Asst coaches want to be in charge of a team

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It doesn’t say he will be considered. It’s a reporter saying he’s among “logical candidates” for the job, which is his opinion. Not your fault, but WGRZ doesn’t seem to understand the difference.

modern media and their lack of comprehension !!!!

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think going on Interviews is a pretty big sign you want a HC job. 

Yes. Also why do people think Josh is going to suddenly revert back to 2018 Josh? Josh had to learn to read defenses, had to learn to throw to spots, adjust to the speed of the NFL, trust his receivers and his line. Daboll is calling some great plays because Josh has developed and Daboll has the players finally, Josh is executing them. 
It appears as though some people believe that Josh  doesn’t  contain the ability to retain information and skills he has developed the first three years in the league. I’d say Josh has constantly been developing since he left high school. Josh is very coachable. McDermott and Beane will find a good replacement when the time comes for the OC.

Agreed.

Big Ben was fine when Bruce Arians left the Steelers to take on the HC job.  

• Like (+1) 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe an assistant coach like Daboll can get hired somewhere else in the middle of the year.

The Texans will either need to roll with an in-house candidate for the rest of 2020, or get someone off the street.

• Like (+1) 1

If our offense keeps going the way it's been going then I would expect Daboll to be a "logical candidate" for basically every vacancy that pops up this year. It's just the nature of the beast. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

If our offense keeps going the way it's been going then I would expect Daboll to be a "logical candidate" for basically every vacancy that pops up this year. It's just the nature of the beast. 

Very true.

Expect Josh McDaniel to also be a really hot name (again), if the Patriots continue to be competitive without Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe an assistant coach like Daboll can get hired somewhere else in the middle of the year.

The Texans will either need to roll with an in-house candidate for the rest of 2020, or get someone off the street.

Romeo Crennel named interim HC for the rest of the year.

Brian Gaine might have some advice for him on that organization...

Let's not all assume he is itching to get out of here. He is from Buffalo, winning, on a stacked offense with a team that will be good for a long time. Head coaching is a pain in the ass grind. Maybe he gets a raise and stays around? If you had a young family would you want to move everyone for a job you could be fired in 2-5 years if you've already got a job you love?