Week 5 Power Rankings

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-cowboys-bears-bills-browns/18hw15a96npau1m1yax6jypv8i

4. Buffalo Bills 4-0 (5)

The Bills have now put together two impressive wins over the Rams and Raiders because of Josh Allen playing at an MVP level a notch below Wilson. The tests will keep on coming with the Titans and the Chiefs next.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-week-5-2020/

The top 5 NFL teams

5) Buffalo Bills (4-0)

We begin our five best teams of the Week 5 NFL Power Rankings with the Buffalo Bills. The Bills got a big scare when Josh Allen went to the locker room after injuring his left arm, but their star-in-the-making quarterback quickly returned. Their trip to Las Vegas was close for a while, but Buffalo pulled ahead in the second half and were far and away from the better team on Sunday, even though the Raiders made it somewhat interesting in the end.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Buffalo should be 3rd.  Undefeated, 4-0, with a top offense in the league.  We haven't just won, we've dominated. 

Lol.  That’s not how many see it with us needing josh allens 4th quarter heroics in just about every game.  The rams didn’t punt once.  That’s not domination.  

• Like (+1) 13

8 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Buffalo should be 3rd.  Undefeated, 4-0, with a top offense in the league.  We haven't just won, we've dominated. 

We’ve dominated quarters Especially the first and fourth, but I would hardly say we’ve dominated all of our games. We’re a top 4 AFC team in my opinion I don’t care about the whole NFL just yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

you’re right and wrong. They’ve dominated on the field. The Jets, Dolphins, Rams in the first half were no match. They have not dominated the score board. They haven’t blown any team out, nor had a convincing win at the scorecard by quick glance. That is what the national media guys who rank these teams are looking at. They don’t rewatch every play of every game. They check the box score

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  That’s not how many see it with us needing josh allens 4th quarter heroics in just about every game.  The rams didn’t punt once.  That’s not domination.  

Yes turnovers are so much better than punting especially with our kicker.  :devil:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-can-the-eagles-beat-the-cowboys-in-a-putrid-nfc-east-035735663.html

4. Buffalo Bills (4-0, LW: 3)

The Bills have been good, but there is still room for improvement. The Raiders had more yards and first downs on Sunday, but the Bills forced some well-timed turnovers and made some big plays to get the win. This team is going to get better as the season goes on. There’s a lot of talent, a good coaching staff and they have a 4-0 start in their back pocket.

How did they drop a spot? To the Packers?   Minny, Detroit, Saints and Falcons.   <_<

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to argue with that spot.  Undefeated or not, there are some other really good teams in the NFL.  

In the AFC, the Chiefs should definitely be ranked #1.  They are the defending Super Bowl champions, and have won most of their games pretty soundly.  The Ravens have looked great against everyone except the Chiefs.  That third spot is pretty close between the Bills, Steelers and Titans.

In the NFC, I think the Packers look the best.  They are closely followed by the Seahawks and the Rams.  The 49ers would probably be in that discussion if not for injuries.  The Bucs are creeping up the list, and the Saints still have time to turn it around.

The good news is... I don't believe the Bills are playing anywhere close to their best on defense.  If they can get that side of the ball hammered out, I think they can beat anyone on this list.

• Like (+1) 5

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Dolphins and Rams games got a little dicey...

Dolphins and Pats games both got dicey for the Seahawks, and those are very comparable opponents...

43 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Top 5 seems appropriate right now if we can beat the chiefs then we probably become 2 or 3

If we beat the #1 team (presumably after beating the titans?) to go 5-0 we might be #2 or 3 in your estimation?.... 😛

Once you get into the top 5 it’s all relative really... the biggest issue is that team with a loss doesn’t belong in the top with undefeated teams... proof that writers can’t help but let pre-conceptions frame these rankings....

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

We’ve dominated quarters Especially the first and fourth, but I would hardly say we’ve dominated all of our games. We’re a top 4 AFC team in my opinion I don’t care about the whole NFL just yet. 

Yeah, and I don’t know, but in any time we’ve been 4-0 has it ever been with a largest margin of victory being 10 points, and in just one game?

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Dolphins and Pats games both got dicey for the Seahawks, and those are very comparable opponents...

If we beat the #1 team (presumably after beating the titans?) to go 5-0 we might be #2 or 3 in your estimation?.... 😛

Once you get into the top 5 it’s all relative really... the biggest issue is that team with a loss doesn’t belong in the top with undefeated teams... proof that writers can’t help but let pre-conceptions frame these rankings....

Yes i don't think the media would put us #1 that quickly.

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Yes i don't think the media would put us #1 that quickly.

Okay. Power Rankings don’t matter so who cares... but let’s just agree right now that if the 5-0 Bills, coming off victories over the two teams in the  AFC championship game, including the SB champions (who were the consensus number 1 team in football going into the game (assuming that stands), aren’t voted #1 the reporter writing that column should have his butt cheeks taped together and sent to work for PFF. 

I don’t care where the Bills are ranked, but the level of intellectual dishonesty that would take is off the charts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1