Week 5 Power Rankings

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Nuts?  Maybe you don't agree, but it certainly isn't nuts.  3-8 'averages' out to 5.5...which I think is a fair place for them.

6 teams without a loss...and then throw in the Ravens to make it 7.  One more team that someone MIGHT think is better than the Bills to make it to 8?  You don't have to disagree with it, but it certainly isn't 'nuts'.

nope its nuts lol my opinion power rankings has 0 to do with standings.

Edited by PrimeTime101

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/13/new-york-jets-lose-to-buffalo-bills-week-1-instant-analysis/

New York kicked off its 2020 season with a typical no-show performance, as the Bills dominated for four quarters to the tune of a 27-17 victory.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/buffalo-bills/bills-blown-lead-rams-jokes

Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills were dominant for about three quarters against the Los Angeles Rams today.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/05/podcast-buffalo-bills-las-vegas-raiders-tennessee-titans-covid-19/

Bills dominate Raiders; There were seldom any moments where the Bills team were at risk of losing control, and the Bills seemed relatively effective in all phases of the game.

I'd say thats pretty dominant.

LOL

Well they don't mention the Miami game at all so apparently that wasn't a dominant one, though I'm sure you'll find a headline someplace where some one used the word dominant.

So blowing a 28-3 lead and having to come from behind after that to win defines dominate?? 

One of the quotes in the article about the Rams game was: "Then, the Bills pulled an Atlanta Falcons" Does that sound dominant to you?

Go ahead knock yourself out thinking they're dominating everyone.

7 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Power rankings are different than standings. They are the opinion of the writer or the product of some computer formula that takes into account more than wins and losses.

I think the Bills could be anywhere from #3 - #8 right now.  If they played Baltimore am I sure the Bills would win? No, therefore I don't....for the time being...have a problem with them behind Baltimore.

Are you sure the Ravens would win? If not, your theory is flawed.

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

LOL

Well they don't mention the Miami game at all so apparently that wasn't a dominant one, though I'm sure you'll find a headline someplace where some one used the word dominant.

So blowing a 28-3 lead and having to come from behind after that to win defines dominate?? 

One of the quotes in the article about the Rams game was: "Then, the Bills pulled an Atlanta Falcons" Does that sound dominant to you?

Go ahead knock yourself out thinking they're dominating everyone.

But they didn't pull a falcons, they won. 

Dominant no, but they don't quit and they win while doing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Big Gun said:

Are you sure the Ravens would win? If not, your theory is flawed.

how exactly is that flawed?  Do you know the meaning of Flawed?  I am not sure the Ravens would win, nor am I sure the Bills would win, therefore the reason I put a range of where they could be ranked.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:06 PM, mjd1001 said:

Power rankings are different than standings. They are the opinion of the writer or the product of some computer formula that takes into account more than wins and losses.

I think the Bills could be anywhere from #3 - #8 right now.  If they played Baltimore am I sure the Bills would win? No, therefore I don't....for the time being...have a problem with them behind Baltimore.

Yes, there is some opinions involved, which makes many of these ratings bogus. 

The Bills are 4 and 0 playing very very well. 

The Bills  have a QB who is shocking the NFL world.  An actual QB that really isn't racking up yards in the air in "garbage time" plays. 

The Bills  have a QB who is actually reading defenses and making the proper adjustments.

Can you say all of that about LJ and the Cravens?