One Thing Leads To Another.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"...This ain't no time to be cool.
And tell all your girlfriends, your "been around the world" friends
That talk is for losers and fools..."

Victim of Love.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Between knowing Anthrax and Manatoba's Wild Kingdom -- You had to be a fellow metal head in the late '80s. 🍺

You are correct sir, good times. I went to college with a guy (also a guitar player) who knew the guys from Anthrax.

Didja know that Got The Time is a cover of a Joe Jackson song?

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

You are correct sir, good times. I went to college with a guy (also a guitar player) who knew the guys from Anthrax.

Never heard the song before my roommate and bassist introduced the Anthrax version to me in college and told me it was originally a Joe Jackson song.  Wasn't a big Anthrax or Joe Jackson fan but thought the song was cool.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

“Breathe out so I can breathe you in”

This song has currently been banned during the pandemic.  Come back later.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street

Is she really going out with him.  Joe Jackson.

15 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I didn't know that! I'll have to check it out.

Amazing times. I was in South Florida back then, and it was a nonstop party with many of the local bands, like Elysium and Dragonfly -- and their groupies. ;)

The biggest "name" -- although few outside of Florida know it -- was Saigon Kick. They were more commercial metal, though. They had one big hit, then pretty much destroyed their future by selling out and pi$$ing off the local rock stations. Haven't heard the name since.

Seems like a lifetime ago!

46 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Oh, this bugged me for a good 10 minutes...

Lost in the Supermarket - Th Clash

Here's one that tortured my for almost a full day once:

My eyes dilate; my lips go green...

Start Me Up.

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

I didn't know that! I'll have to check it out.

Amazing times. I was in South Florida back then, and it was a nonstop party with many of the local bands, like Elysium and Dragonfly -- and their groupies. ;)

The biggest "name" -- although few outside of Florida know it -- was Saigon Kick. They were more commercial metal, though. They had one big hit, then pretty much destroyed their future by selling out and pi$$ing off the local rock stations. Haven't heard the name since.

Seems like a lifetime ago!

I remember the name Saigon Kick, don't remember any of their songs tho.

I was dialed in to the new metal bands in the early to mid 80's. Most of them went nowhere, a few hit it big. Coolest story was hearing about this band from San Fran that was supposedly really good and seeing them at a local bar a week or so before their debut album came out. Bar was mostly empty and they played the whole album. It was jaw dropping. The album? Kill Em All by Metallica. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I remember the name Saigon Kick, don't remember any of their songs tho.

I was dialed in to the new metal bands in the early to mid 80's. Most of them went nowhere, a few hit it big. Coolest story was hearing about this band from San Fran that was supposedly really good and seeing them at a local bar a week or so before their debut album came out. Bar was mostly empty and they played the whole album. It was jaw dropping. The album? Kill Em All by Metallica. 

Same here for Saigon Kick.  Know the name but not a single song. 

As for Metallica, pretty cool.  I thought they were a joke until I met that roommate I mentioned earlier.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.