MNF: Chiefs at Ravens, 8:20 on ESPN

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Announcers: "Lamar has to find his receivers because it's going to be a passing game"

Also Announcers (after Ingram and Jackson 1st downs rushing): "That's what the Ravens have to do"

When they were saying that I was just thinking “they don’t have the time to run that offense”.  That’s the problem with their slow churning offense. Lack of quick strike ability doesn’t bode well when behind. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Let me help you. In historiography, the term historical revisionism identifies the re-interpretation of an historical account. Therefore, imagining a Mahomes being drafted by the Bills is the exact definition of revisionist history. 

I think what you are talking about is actually a counter-history as it involves a non-historical narrative, the sort of thing game theory and possible worlds contemplate. Historical revisionism takes an actual event but then alters the perceived narrative by allocating motives, effects, and judgment differently. It's like turning Christopher Columbus into a villain once one has adopted a quasi-Marxist, anti-patriarchal prism as what will define what is significant. Mahomes as a Bills qb is squarely in the counter-history realm and no one knows, but I seriously doubt he would have had the same level of quick success for reasons you outlined.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, balln said:

i can not believe how bad that kroft phantom INT / OPI call was . the variability bw officiating crews / and rule interpretations is insane

Should have been Bills ball at that point.

There was no push off and there was no INT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Of course they're going for it they're 17pts behind KC.

he was pretty subtle about it which I mean is pretty common.

Is see that 100 times and never called and ok with it. Kroft makes a huge play and catch and gets flagged and called for a fake INT. Just mind boggling sometimes the inconsistency. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

i can not believe how bad that kroft phantom INT / OPI call was . the variability bw officiating crews / and rule interpretations is insane

It goes in favor of whatever sells the narrative the NFL is trying to sell. These two are the new faces of the league. 

So they will bend over backwards to let things slide for points to keep it in line with the new narrative