Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I watch Cowherd - I think he is entertaining - and I see him give Josh plenty of props. Even this week he said he outplayed Kyler. Some fans only hear the negative stuff and fixate on that rather than acknowledging when people say good stuff about him.

Latey Cowherd has been complimentary of Allen, he's really gotten off his case.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EDIT: Formerly "Allen has arrived" to be updated each week   Welcome to the age of having a superstar QB folks.

A fellow TSW poster bet me $100 he would not be a 60% passer or better before the season began.  He honorably reached out to me a few days ago and paid me without me even asking him about it yet.  

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

When that play happened in-game I thought it was either a very strange play design or Diggs ran his route poorly...but after seeing the coaches film it just looks like a good/lucky call on defense with bracket coverage on Diggs. And a great play by Peterson to sag off his man knowing he can cheat a little peek at QB with help

• Like (+1) 1
2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

When that play happened in-game I thought it was either a very strange play design or Diggs ran his route poorly...but after seeing the coaches film it just looks like a good/lucky call on defense with bracket coverage on Diggs. And a great play by Peterson to sag off his man knowing he can cheat a little peek at QB with help

Isn't this screenshot from Davis/Kirkpatrick INT?

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I watch Cowherd - I think he is entertaining - and I see him give Josh plenty of props. Even this week he said he outplayed Kyler. Some fans only hear the negative stuff and fixate on that rather than acknowledging when people say good stuff about him.

He's entertaining.  I actually didn't hear the segment where he said Josh outplayed Kyler.  Do you know what he said?  Was this on Monday?  In his top 10 rankings on Tuesday he put the Cards at 10 (I think) and the Bills at 5, but he didn't really talk at all about Josh as the reason for the Bills being at 5.

I think it's fair to say that Cowherd doesn't talk very much about Josh and it's probably because he was so critical of him for a good length of time.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That was Diggs?  I thought it was Davis.  I can't even tell from looking at the image.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Isn't this screenshot from Davis/Kirkpatrick INT?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Good call

:beer:

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's entertaining.  I actually didn't hear the segment where he said Josh outplayed Kyler.  Do you know what he said?  Was this on Monday?  In his top 10 rankings on Tuesday he put the Cards at 10 (I think) and the Bills at 5, but he didn't really talk at all about Josh as the reason for the Bills being at 5.

I think it's fair to say that Cowherd doesn't talk very much about Josh and it's probably because he was so critical of him for a good length of time.

I don't think that is fair to say.... he has talked about the Bills and Josh a fair bit this year and he has been like Cowherd always is... a bit extreme in his up and downs. He said it Monday I think. Maybe outplayed was an exaggeration but he basically said our drive was an offense moving and the QB on point and theirs was an elite player making an elite play (meaning Hopkins). 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

2021 NFL Draft for Bills

1st round - Best TE available

2nd round - Best RB available

Give Josh a #1 TE and #1 RB. He has neither right now.

At least you didn't choose a RB in rd1...

49pdIGC.gif

• Like (+1) 3
13 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

2021 NFL Draft for Bills

Id take Pitts in a second, but he’ll likely be long gone by the time we draft.   Freiermuth could be available when we pick... I’d be tempted.  

Id rather get Josh another speed WR there, seeing as how key a healthy John Brown is, but where I absolutely agree with you is going offense early, and often.  

If we let Milano walk, and we probably should, I’m not in love with a 1st round linebacker to replace him.  This is an offensive league, we already have a high potential MLB, invest in offense, pass rush and corners.   We shouldn’t need two recent 1st round linebackers out there to field a solid defense.  

Edited by SCBills
14 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

2021 NFL Draft for Bills

Think it’s the OL — not the RBs.. I’d argue that drafting a center would be more important than a TE.. Doubt Mitch Morse is here next year and Feliciano is a better guard than a center.. 

1st - Center

2nd - MLB

3rd - NT

There’s other needs on defense.. I certainly feel you draft a few corners and a safety as well... but I’m higher on Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson than most..

Think if we added a true MLB to pair with Edmunds and Klein we’d be fine... Klein is not going anywhere, his contract is such that there’s no way out.. Milano I’d let walk unless he comes back on a cheap prove it deal...

At NT/DT I’m relieved to know that Star is coming back.. but we could use another NT to plug in next to him.. Could use a Ted Washington/Pat Williams style DT to pair with him and I think our running woes would be gone..

Then there’s FB and TE — which I think is highly relevant to our lack of running game.. No FB this year has hurt us.. Poor blocking out of our TEs hurt us.. Lee Smith should see more playing time as a result of that reality.. He’s probably our best run blocker out of all the TEs.. Knox hasn’t provided much as a blocker nor as a receiver.. maybe activate Sweeney at this point.. I could see TE being addressed somewhere in the draft and free agency.. I like the idea of running three TE sets and pounding the ball the way San Fran does.. So I would encourage Beane to add TEs who can really block well..

WR — Could definitely use another one.. perhaps a speed guy in the mold of Mecole Hardman.. An elite return man who can stretch the field vertically.. an heir to replace Brown one day perhaps?

Don’t think we have as many holes as people think.. but we definitely need to draft very well in 2021 if we want to have a shot at a Championship next year..

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like a true NT to spell and eventually replace Star.  Getting the most out of Tremaine means getting the most out of his athleticism, so we don't want him trying to shed linemen.  Is there a 26 year old Haloti Ngata in next year's draft?  

If anybody knows of a linebacker that fits Zo's role in the upcoming draft, I'm all ears.

• Like (+1) 1
5 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I'd like a true NT to spell and eventually replace Star.  Getting the most out of Tremaine means getting the most out of his athleticism, so we don't want him trying to shed linemen.  Is there a 26 year old Haloti Ngata in next year's draft?  

If anybody knows of a linebacker that fits Zo's role in the upcoming draft, I'm all ears.

Looks like that's what they're grooming Epenesa to be

On 11/19/2020 at 1:34 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

I’m no analyst, but to me, this one play shows so much of Josh’s growth this year... you can see the exact moment when he realizes he’s gonna be open- his eyes lock on and you can almost read his body language going “aw hell yeah.” Other iterations of Josh loses focus, get’s goofy footed here and misses his set and fires the ball 5 yards out of bounds. MVP josh stays calm, finishes his drop, sets his feet and fires a strike. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

Despite the setbacks & reappearance of some bad habits in recent weeks, I still like what I've seen of Allen in year 3.

The one thing I'd like to see improved is his ability to drop back, make a decision & release the ball in a timely manner. No running around, no sitting back perusing the field, just 5 step drop & sling it.

I had noticed this issue to a degree before, but after watching some media pundits talk about his pros & cons, one guy asked (can't remember who) "when was the last time you've seen Allen be ready to pass in stride immediately after completing his drop back?" The last 2 years, Allen has lead the league or been in the top 2 for average time, holding onto the ball, in spite of having very good protection a lot of the time.

They talked about how you rarely see 5 or 7 steps back, plant the feet, pass. Now I'm not saying it NEVER happens, I just didn't notice how often that turned out to be true after watching old games & highlights. Hopefully he continues to improve in that area.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

No matter how many times I see that TD to Diggs, I can't believe what a great throw and catch they were. One of the best plays in recent memory especially given the pressure and game situation. Phenomenal and it's a shame it got largely ignored by the media due to what happened 34 seconds later. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
21 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Think it’s the OL — not the RBs.. I’d argue that drafting a center would be more important than a TE.. Doubt Mitch Morse is here next year and Feliciano is a better guard than a center.. 

1st - Center

2nd - MLB

3rd - NT

There’s other needs on defense.. I certainly feel you draft a few corners and a safety as well... but I’m higher on Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson than most..

Think if we added a true MLB to pair with Edmunds and Klein we’d be fine... Klein is not going anywhere, his contract is such that there’s no way out.. Milano I’d let walk unless he comes back on a cheap prove it deal...

At NT/DT I’m relieved to know that Star is coming back.. but we could use another NT to plug in next to him.. Could use a Ted Washington/Pat Williams style DT to pair with him and I think our running woes would be gone..

Then there’s FB and TE — which I think is highly relevant to our lack of running game.. No FB this year has hurt us.. Poor blocking out of our TEs hurt us.. Lee Smith should see more playing time as a result of that reality.. He’s probably our best run blocker out of all the TEs.. Knox hasn’t provided much as a blocker nor as a receiver.. maybe activate Sweeney at this point.. I could see TE being addressed somewhere in the draft and free agency.. I like the idea of running three TE sets and pounding the ball the way San Fran does.. So I would encourage Beane to add TEs who can really block well..

WR — Could definitely use another one.. perhaps a speed guy in the mold of Mecole Hardman.. An elite return man who can stretch the field vertically.. an heir to replace Brown one day perhaps?

Don’t think we have as many holes as people think.. but we definitely need to draft very well in 2021 if we want to have a shot at a Championship next year..

Nope. It's a QB/Offense League. Even more so in 2021 than in 2020. And the year after that, etc. Load up on Offense. Create as dominant/unstoppable of an Offense as humanly possible. That's the name of the game now. Nobody really plays defense anymore. The goal is to outscore teams and do just enough on D.

Round 1 - TE

Round 2 - RB

18 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

They need D-line help...

The NFL is a QB/Offense League.

You load up on Offense in today's NFL and try to average 40 points a game. 

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts
27 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Nope. It's a QB/Offense League. Even more so in 2021 than in 2020. And the year after that, etc. Load up on Offense. Create as dominant/unstoppable of an Offense as humanly possible. That's the name of the game now. Nobody really plays defense anymore. The goal is to outscore teams and do just enough on D.

Round 1 - TE

Round 2 - RB

It’s our OL that’s the problem.. Both Singletary and Moss are legit backs.. They’re not getting touches because our OL can’t run block.. If you truly want to have a run game you build up the OL.. I’d rather have an OL so efficient that you can plug anyone in and they’ll get 1,000 yards.. RB is a position that you should never pay big money to nor draft high.. They get hurt too often.. If you truly wanted to build our offense you draft a center with that first pick.. right now we’re picking around 28 (perfect spot to draft a really high end/elite center prospect..), then maybe add a guard somewhere RDs 2-3... I can understand that approach if we wanted to build a high power offense.. 

TE is definitely a need.. we could use a nice prospect there but traditionally good TEs have been found all throughout the draft.. Gates, Waller, Kittle, Kelce, Graham, Andrews and Witten.. So basically what I’m saying is that you can find a good TE usually in the third round, sometimes later.. Taking them in the 1st-2nd is pretty hit or miss...

I think if Buffalo truly wanted to be a team on par with the Kansas City’s and Baltimore Ravens of the world, you draft a center with that first pick, go defense and maybe spend a mid round pick on a solid TE prospect and maybe add one in free agency.. But yes, that OL needs a jolt, as does our defense.. but yes, 75% of our draft should be defense.. It would be great if we could trade some players away for more picks.. Need a center, tight end, return man/WR, LB, NT, CB and DE.. see what happens..

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)