Jump to content

Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)


Recommended Posts

On 11/7/2020 at 3:14 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Josh Allen career QB rating's  with each season broken down into halves:


2018- Games 1-6: 61.8
2018- Games 7-12: 72.6
2019- Games 1-8: 82.9
2019- Games 9-15: 88.8
2020- Games 1-8: 102.4

 

 

 

 

Well, he's actually off to a great start now to better that 102.4

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EDIT: Formerly "Allen has arrived" to be updated each week   Welcome to the age of having a superstar QB folks.

A fellow TSW poster bet me $100 he would not be a 60% passer or better before the season began.  He honorably reached out to me a few days ago and paid me without me even asking him about it yet.  

Posted Images

On 11/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, Gene1973 said:

For all those who complain about crusading I have a question.

 

Is it or is it not considered crusading if you're one of the eternal optimist Bills fans who ignores stats/facts pertaining to the team, coahes, players, and just fights tooth and nail based on emotional attachment?

 

I see that a lot. Don't think those posters get warnigs/bans for crusading..

Now this statement pretty much sums up the happy pro Bills fan, versus the chronic troll complainer “fan”, they consider being up beat and pro bills to be the same as being a troll like they are, F ing amazing isn’t it... shakes head and walks away...

 

Go Bills!!! 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Don Otreply said:

Where is IQ guy? 
inquiring minds... 😂

 

7-2 / 4-0 🍾🥂

 

Go Bills!!!

Or the TBBills guy? Be weary of Pats fans in Bills Zubaz.
 

Watching how Josh has developed is so fun. I think his best pass all game was the one to Beasley on third down before the half.  Josh scrambled to his right and threw the ball on a rope to a place only Beasley could get. Big first down, Seattle wasn’t able to get another shot before half.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, Motor26 said:

On pace for 4600 pass yards, 34 pass TDs, 9 interceptions, 429 rush yards and 9 rush TDs. 

 

So... basically Cam newtons best season.  With considerably more yards.

 

It's Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers at the moment.  The Chiefs defense is considerably better than both seattle and GB though - so i feel like the QBs for those teams are basically the only reason they are any good.  

 

The chiefs look head and shoulders above the rest of the league at the moment.  Hopefully someone can beat them in the playoffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dneveu said:

 

 

 

It's Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers at the moment.  The Chiefs defense is considerably better than both seattle and GB though - so i feel like the QBs for those teams are basically the only reason they are any good.  

 

 

 

Yeah, i have to give it to Wilson still at the moment too. His defense is historically bad. He's the entire team. And even in their two losses he's lead their offense to over 30 points in each game. 

 

The encouraging thing is looking at the schedule I now no longer see games that we can't win. This game against Arizona and Pittsburgh should be the toughest games left. Any given Sunday of course. Overall team record and standing in conference will hold a lot of weight in the MVP race and bottom line is the Bills still have a chance to win out. IF, that happens Allen would at least be in major consideration at minimum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, Scott7975 said:

Allen would have to continue similar to today and Wilson slide off.  Wilson will get more favor because he is due.

 

This plus if the Seahawks make the playoffs (which I believe will still happen) they'll point to the Seahawks historically bad defense and how Wilson defied the odds by carrying the team.

 

In fact sadly a lot of the national media talking heads point to the Bills win being more about the Seahawks defense then the Bills offense/Allen's performance which tells you all you need to know in regards to how they will vote for MVP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

 

This plus if the Seahawks make the playoffs (which I believe will still happen) they'll point to the Seahawks historically bad defense and how Wilson defied the odds by carrying the team.

 

In fact sadly a lot of the national media talking heads point to the Bills win being more about the Seahawks defense then the Bills offense/Allen's performance which tells you all you need to know in regards to how they will vote for MVP.

For once I agree with you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

 

Yeah, i have to give it to Wilson still at the moment too. His defense is historically bad. He's the entire team. And even in their two losses he's lead their offense to over 30 points in each game. 

 

The encouraging thing is looking at the schedule I now no longer see games that we can't win. This game against Arizona and Pittsburgh should be the toughest games left. Any given Sunday of course. Overall team record and standing in conference will hold a lot of weight in the MVP race and bottom line is the Bills still have a chance to win out. IF, that happens Allen would at least be in major consideration at minimum.

 

Defense needs to build off of this game.  Much like disappointing efforts against Philly/Cleveland in 2019 - they need to move passed the games against TN and KC.  You aren't going to always keep teams from scoring tons of points.  But getting the ball back, and getting key stops - that was a huge step for them. 

 

The run defense as well - much better without having to fully sell out to stop it.  A lot of that was just better gap integrity from edmunds/klein/TJ.  I know on some of the reads they had edmunds or Klein lined up wide instead of in the middle.  Created some confusion on pass plays, but also has them plugged right into the gap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Or the TBBills guy? Be weary of Pats fans in Bills Zubaz.
 

Watching how Josh has developed is so fun. I think his best pass all game was the one to Beasley on third down before the half.  Josh scrambled to his right and threw the ball on a rope to a place only Beasley could get. Big first down, Seattle wasn’t able to get another shot before half.

 

 

not to be confused with TBBills Fan

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to Jordon Palmer this morning on NFL Radio.  He commented and asked who is the least athletic QB in the league; answer Tom Brady.  So what makes him so good.  His take it's not the experience, or the system or other obvious things, but it's that he does the same identical thing every pass play.  He commented how if he needs to move to the right, his footwork, etc. is exactly the same every time and that in his opinion what makes him so good for so long.

 

He then talked about how this is something every QB in the league can work on if they want and specifically mentioned Kyler Murrey and Josh Allen.  Don't think he was implying those two were terrible in that regard, more that it's just low hanging fruit they can work on to improve even more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dneveu said:

 

So... basically Cam newtons best season.  With considerably more yards.

 

It's Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers at the moment.  The Chiefs defense is considerably better than both seattle and GB though - so i feel like the QBs for those teams are basically the only reason they are any good.  

 

The chiefs look head and shoulders above the rest of the league at the moment.  Hopefully someone can beat them in the playoffs. 

 

I disagree with the Chiefs.  They have looked quite vulnerable all year.  Even with the Bills playing at their worst essentially, we were within one score late in the 4th.  And keep in mind, we had injuries and Allen was playing hurt too.  Still deserve to be the favorite of course, but just saying not seeing this "head and shoulders" above the rest status. 

 

I think we can beat the Chiefs.  Not saying its easy, but I really think we can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs as long as our team is healthy.  I think there are other teams that can upset the Chiefs in the playoffs too.  Dont get me wrong, I would peg the Chiefs as certainly the leading favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and honestly to win the SB.  But, just saying they don't appear head and shoulders better and look beatable to me.  Raiders beat them, Chargers in a rookies first start almost beat them, Panthers almost beat them, we were playing our worst football and hung in there until the very end still.  

 

I think us, Pitt, Balt, and Tenn will all play them tough, and they will obviously see some collection of those teams in the playoffs.   

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently, the seahawks' writers think Josh Allen is terrible:

 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/10/21557591/seattle-seahawks-defense-beaten-buffalo-bills-nfl-film-analysis#comments

 

It should not surprise you if you’ve watched a few of his games, but Allen plays this whole snap poorly. By stepping away from the largely benign pressure of Collier, he steps into pressure by Dunlap. Having created pressure through poor pocket awareness, he then attempts a rushed throw. His form is awful. He is duck footed and throws off one while swinging the other....

 

Luckily, I guess, Josh Allen goofs his progression. He looks away from Diggs just as Diggs is breaking free. He then looks a long time at the only receiver Seattle has effectively covered, Gabriel Davis. Finally he finds Devin Singletary. He has a long time to make a bad read....

 

The pass is inaccurate. Diggs has to slow and bubble backward. Which gives Wagner a desperation attempt at a tackle....

 

Diggs beat him, loses a ton of ground catching Allen’s garbage pass, and Diggs beats Wagner again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

apparently, the seahawks' writers think Josh Allen is terrible:

 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/10/21557591/seattle-seahawks-defense-beaten-buffalo-bills-nfl-film-analysis#comments

 

It should not surprise you if you’ve watched a few of his games, but Allen plays this whole snap poorly. By stepping away from the largely benign pressure of Collier, he steps into pressure by Dunlap. Having created pressure through poor pocket awareness, he then attempts a rushed throw. His form is awful. He is duck footed and throws off one while swinging the other....

 

Luckily, I guess, Josh Allen goofs his progression. He looks away from Diggs just as Diggs is breaking free. He then looks a long time at the only receiver Seattle has effectively covered, Gabriel Davis. Finally he finds Devin Singletary. He has a long time to make a bad read....

 

The pass is inaccurate. Diggs has to slow and bubble backward. Which gives Wagner a desperation attempt at a tackle....

 

Diggs beat him, loses a ton of ground catching Allen’s garbage pass, and Diggs beats Wagner again...


All I can say is that I hope they never learn...angry Josh is the best Josh, so please keep saying ignorant stuff.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

apparently, the seahawks' writers think Josh Allen is terrible:

 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/10/21557591/seattle-seahawks-defense-beaten-buffalo-bills-nfl-film-analysis#comments

 

It should not surprise you if you’ve watched a few of his games, but Allen plays this whole snap poorly. By stepping away from the largely benign pressure of Collier, he steps into pressure by Dunlap. Having created pressure through poor pocket awareness, he then attempts a rushed throw. His form is awful. He is duck footed and throws off one while swinging the other....

 

Luckily, I guess, Josh Allen goofs his progression. He looks away from Diggs just as Diggs is breaking free. He then looks a long time at the only receiver Seattle has effectively covered, Gabriel Davis. Finally he finds Devin Singletary. He has a long time to make a bad read....

 

The pass is inaccurate. Diggs has to slow and bubble backward. Which gives Wagner a desperation attempt at a tackle....

 

Diggs beat him, loses a ton of ground catching Allen’s garbage pass, and Diggs beats Wagner again...

The name of the site is fieldgulls.... That's all I needed to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • transplantbillsfan changed the title to Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 32)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...