Jump to content
Scorp83

The Josh Allen Revenge Tour Has Begun

Recommended Posts

What's the deal my fellow fans! I've missed this board honestly.  Hope everyone is well & made out well during this Covid lockdown/social distancing ect. 

 

Our Bills look good! McBeane has really won me over. But I'm sharing my guy Brett Kollmann has a great video he just posted about our boy Josh...check it out!

 

Go Bills to 3-0 baby 😎

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice view, thanks, the host though is a teetotaler, doesn’t even sip that whisky 🥃, total wuss imo... oh and he uses more product than any ten chicks, very very wussy, 

 

Go Bills!!!

 

(Humor people, it’s called humor...) sheesh 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Revenge for what?

 

 

Yeah, whom does Allen need revenge against? 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, whom does Allen need revenge against? 


exactly. 
 

He’s not going against teams that shunned him.  
(other than during the draft)
 

the media?

 

who cares about the media?

Just now, Warcodered said:

Oppsy Doopsy by dirtyharry - Meme Center


 

I am Groot 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

They guy made some decent breakdowns but. 

 

Revenge for what?

 

All the naysayers when he was drafted. Alot of people...heck myself included...didn't believe in this kid when he got drafted. Sal C. went on a nice rant this week on WGR, he was getting on alot of people that were really bashing Josh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nice view, thanks, the host though is a teetotaler, doesn’t even sip that whisky 🥃, total wuss imo... oh and he uses more product than any ten chicks, very very wussy, 

... Bruh, what?

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


exactly. 
 

He’s not going against teams that shunned him.  
(other than during the draft)
 

the media?

 

who cares about the media?


 

I am Groot 

 

At one point...we all did. Most of us on this board applied alot of crap towards McBeane... they were new at the time, we were piss the Jets traded up to 3rd... the Browns got Baker,  the Jets got Darnold & the Bills passed on Lamar & Rosen to take Josh Allen who at the time was considered the rawest of all the QB's...

 

Now...Josh is obviously proving alot of us, fans, media, experts, got it wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this breakdown hits on some concepts of why I’m optimistic this time and have been in the past skeptical.

 

so often we get caught up in the results (see fitz hot start season) and not the how (flukey turnovers, and unsustainable short fields and broken plays). 
 

the 300 yard thing wasn’t so much about it being a magical threshold as much as it being such a statistical outlier if you think a guys playing well.

 

hitting 3 or even 400 didn’t suddenly change who he was but some changes in fundamentals seem to be helping him be the type where clearing that bar will be commonplace because he is actually playing differently in his mechanics. We will see if it sustains in big games, playing from behind, or under major pressure but there’s reason to be optimistic 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

All the naysayers when he was drafted. Alot of people...heck myself included...didn't believe in this kid when he got drafted. Sal C. went on a nice rant this week on WGR, he was getting on alot of people that were really bashing Josh. 


Hate to be ‘that guy’ but the it’s ‘a lot’, not ‘alot’. If you ‘allot’ something then we’re discussing something completely different. 😃
 

Let the ‘meh’ clicks begin!!!
 

This PSA has been brought to you by TroutDog (does anyone know what that’s from?). 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

All the naysayers when he was drafted. Alot of people...heck myself included...didn't believe in this kid when he got drafted. Sal C. went on a nice rant this week on WGR, he was getting on alot of people that were really bashing Josh. 


I guess you are missing the point of a Revenge tour.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a weird format for such a video. It doesn't work, imo. If he's going for the "just havin a football chat in my den" kinda vibe, then he needs to lean into that much more.

51 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nice view, thanks, the host though is a teetotaler, doesn’t even sip that whisky 🥃, total wuss imo... oh and he uses more product than any ten chicks, very very wussy, 

 

Go Bills!!!

this seems....personal

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mechanics of a QB's throw are very similar in basic concepts to the golf swing. Hip rotation, how and when you open, release point, etc. Never thought of it that way, but maybe because I know a lot about the golf swing, but not much about the mechanics of a QB throwing the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, todd said:

The mechanics of a QB's throw are very similar in basic concepts to the golf swing. Hip rotation, how and when you open, release point, etc. Never thought of it that way, but maybe because I know a lot about the golf swing, but not much about the mechanics of a QB throwing the ball.

The reason I think it's so odd is because as a pitcher you wanted your plant foot down so you could get the rotation you needed for more rotation/velocity on the ball. 

 

Allen honestly doesn't need it because he already has the arm strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The reason I think it's so odd is because as a pitcher you wanted your plant foot down so you could get the rotation you needed for more rotation/velocity on the ball. 

 

Allen honestly doesn't need it because he already has the arm strength. 


Yup.  I tried it out (in my living room) and I kind of get it - if you bring your front foot off the ground on the rotation you can swing your hips through faster.  Not sure how it affects velocity - it’s odd because you would think raising your pivot point off the floor would reduce your power but if you do it all in one motion it really doesn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't tell that loser from 538 that you can actually improve as a pro.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...