"Get rid of the ballots" - Donald Trump

48 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Trump's master strategy is to get a large segment of the population to falsely believe that any result that doesn't show him winning is illegitimate. After he loses the election, he will falsely claim that his loss is because of ballot fraud. He will then mount legal challenges in tightly contested states and drag them out with the goal of the Supreme Court, with its conservative majority, ultimately overriding the election results and keeping him in power despite his losing the election. This is the plan, and the best way to stop it is for him to be so soundly defeated that he has no ground to stand on.

To be clear, here are the facts:
Trump is losing and has been losing all year in all of the polls (yes, even Republican-leaning ones).
Trump's campaign has admitted that they are looking for ways to get around the election results and keep him in power. (!)
Trump has said publicly that any result that doesn't show him winning is illegitimate, a totally false claim.
Trump has said publicly that he won't commit to accepting the election results or peacefully transferring power if he loses.

These facts should scare you. They should spur you to action. What kind of country does this sound like?

Republicans and Democrats alike must come together to preserve the United States and the promise of its future. We must stop this slide into unprecedented corruption. Our constitutional republic is teetering on the brink.

On what basis do YOU measure public opinion? Why do you think the left's only chance is cheating? Do you just believe every conspiracy your liar-in-chief feeds you? Is that what you follow instead of polls?

He could send in the Postal Service police and have them seize the ballots because of some obscure threat from China. They will be destroyed and the new SC majority could simply bless that. 

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He could send in the Postal Service police and have them seize the ballots because of some obscure threat from China. They will be destroyed and the new SC majority could simply bless that. 

Another reason why widespread voting by mail is just plain stupid.  There are simply too many opportunities for abuse on either side.  People should vote physically at the polls, on the same day or same couple days and identify themselves in the process.  Only true absentee-ism should be an exception and that should be a small slice of voters. This is how you maintain purity and integrity in elections and limit doubt and tangential legal fights after the fact.  This is how the will of the people should be measured.  This seemed to work well for 200+ years.

Edited by keepthefaith

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can't make this stuff up can you? Oh, wait.... you did.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LB3 said:

He said that if the Dems don't steal the election using ballot harvesting, he'll win again. A continuation. He's right. Cheating is the only chance the left has.

As an aside, do you not realize this is the exact same meltdown you were told to have in 2016? The left panicked at what would happen if Trump lost and wouldn't accept it .

Ironically enough, the outgoing President did not allow a peaceful transition. The left has been in a perpetual meltdown ever since.

That's not what he said. Go smoke a joint and relax.

Go smoke a joint yourself....  Or don't if you are.

If the Dem's don't steal the election,

He has ZERO proof of any substantial Voter Fraud.  if you call .003% substantial, the joke is on you. 

He was asked by a federal judge in PA to prove his claim.  No claim was offered. The Trump campaign and Republicans had refused to do so. 

He knows he's losing.  He will say and do anything to get his base behind him and keep these Alternate Facts a topic. 

Trump himself was surprised he won the election.  It was a publicity stunt to him.   

Trump himself the EC is a crock of shite.  Yet, it got him elected. 

Meltdown or delusion, which is worse?   

The question asked 

“Mr. President, real quickly, win, lose or draw in this election, will you commit here today for a peaceful transferal of power after the election?” asked reporter Brian Karem.

— will you commit to making sure that there is a peaceful transferal of power after the election?

Well, we’re going to have to see what happens,” Trump responded. I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster.” 

“I understand that, but people are rioting,” Karem said. “Do you commit to making a peaceful transferal of power...”

“Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very peaceful — there won’t be a transfer, frankly, there will be a continuation,” Trump said. “The ballots are out of control. You know it, and you know who knows it better than anybody else? The Democrats know it better than anybody else.”

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

Trump's refusal to commit to peaceful transfer of power provokes outrage, rebukes on Capitol Hill

In an interview with Fox News radio on Thursday morning, Trump reiterated his refusal to commit to the results and again suggested the election would be determined by the Supreme Court.

“Oh, that I would agree with [the court’s ruling], but I think we have a long way before we get there,” the president said. “These ballots are a horror show."

Republicans did not explicitly condemn Trump’s comments or mention the president by name but reinforced the importance of a peaceful transition of power.

“The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th,” wrote Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Thursday morning. “There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792.”

“Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power; without that, there is Belarus,” Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah tweeted Wednesday evening. “Any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable.”

So, are Mitch and Mitt lying?  

President Trump won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power after the election!

You've seen the headlines. They're the drama of the day, extracted from yesterday's press briefing where a reporter said words that Trump chose not to repeat. It was a trap, and I presume Trump could see the various ways it would function as a trap, depending on how he answered.

Let's look at the original text:
Speaker 2: Win, lose, or draw in this election. Will you commit here today for a peaceful transfer of power after the election... There’s been rioting in many cities across this country.... Will you commit to making sure that there is a peaceful transferral of power after the election?

President Donald Trump: Well, we’re going to have to see what happens. You know that I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots. And the ballots are a disaster.

Speaker 2: I understand that but people are rioting. Do you commit to making sure that there’s a peaceful transferal of power?

President Donald Trump: We want to have… Get rid of the ballots and we’ll have a very peaceful… There won’t be a transfer frankly, there’ll be a continuation. The ballots are out of control. You know it, and you know who knows it better than anybody else? The Democrats know it better than anybody else.
Let's break it down:
Will you commit here today for a peaceful transfer of power after the election... Will you commit to making sure that there is a peaceful transferral of power after the election?
First of all — I have a tag for that. It's an insidious phrase, used by politicians to gloss over how they will achieve whatever the end is. Add "commit" to that, and you're deeper into fantasy land — "commit to making sure." Who can do that?! Where is this lack of peace coming from? How could Trump know in advance? It could be a crazy tantrum by people who hate him and who are saying we'll only stop if you resist litigating about voting fraud. Trump needs to reserve his right — and responsibility — to ensure that we get a fair and accurate vote count. He can't be at the mercy of the protesters and rioters. The question is quite obviously a trap, and Trump calmly stakes out appropriate ground:
Well, we’re going to have to see what happens. You know that I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots. And the ballots are a disaster.
He means the mail-in ballots. He's preserving his right to investigate and litigate over fraud and abnormalities. He goes right to that topic rather than to engage on the reporter's VIOLENCE!!! gambit. The reporter tries again:
I understand that but people are rioting. Do you commit to making sure that there’s a peaceful transferral of power?
Huh?? People are rioting now, and not over the election which hasn't happened yet. Why bring up these riots? To establish that people have a propensity to riot? How does that connect to a "transferral of power"? There's only a need for a "transferral of power" if Biden wins, and the lack of peace in question seems to be the pro-Biden forces rioting because they think Biden has won or should have won. How does this demand for Trump to "commit to making sure" make any sense except to extract words from him that will be used to force him — under threat of violence — to forgo challenging the apparent result of the election if the initial vote count favors Biden? Well, I'm sure they'd also like Trump to politely relinquish his own victory if Biden comes forward with trays of late mail-in ballots where needed in this or that purple state.

Trump responds, once again stressing the need for a fair election and not getting bullied into caving to a threat of violence. It's quite a tangle, so I'll go phrase by phrase:
We want to have…
This is the beginning of a sentence he doesn't finish, but I presume it would have ended something like "a fair election."
Get rid of the ballots and we’ll have a very peaceful…
Again, he ends before finishing the sentence. The first part sounds like he doesn't even want to have an election, but a sympathetic listener assumes he meant get rid of the mail-in ballots.
There won’t be a transfer frankly, there’ll be a continuation.
Obviously, he stopped after "we’ll have a very peaceful" because he realized that to say "transferral of power" would be to predict that Biden would win. But, no, he predicts "a continuation": He will win.
The ballots are out of control.
He returns to his original response to the question: There's a problem with the mail-in voting.
You know it, and you know who knows it better than anybody else? The Democrats know it better than anybody else.

Everybody knows there's a problem with the voting, he's saying, and he's not going to get deflected from talking about it. He sees the reporter and the Democrats doing battlefield prep for the post-Election Day litigation, and he's not giving away anything. So he avoided that trap, but he couldn't keep them from spinning what they had, and that's why we have this morning's bull#### headline: President Trump won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power after the election!

ADDED: According to Axios, "Republicans condemn Trump's refusal to commit to peaceful transfer of power." But there's no condemnation in sight! Here are the quotes:

Mitch McConnell: "The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792."
No condemnation Nothing about threats of violence. No specification of a "transferral." Nothing in this statement that Trump wouldn't go along with. There needs to be a "winner," and then there will be an "orderly transition." There's nothing about the relationship to the recent rioting in the streets, and there's nothing about the possible litigation phase that may be needed before we have a "winner."

{snip}  10 or more multiple  GOP examples given

No one condemned Trump's refusal. Not one Republican said Trump was wrong not to voice the words the reporter wanted him to say. The Axios headline is unsupported by the text and disgustingly misleading. Fake news. I'm not going to riot in the street about it, but I'm seriously irked.

And I'm a swing voter in Wisconsin.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Never imagined that the USA could end up like Venezuela, Turkey, Syria, Lithuania,  Columbia in it election process. 

The hatred that the political parties have created has allowed an opportunity for a coup, at least discord that is past the reason of law.

Civil war cannot be too far off if the reason of law is not followed. Wow. Imagine....such discord, 

Please, if you love your country...do not allow this to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Never imagined that the USA could end up like Venezuela, Turkey, Syria, Lithuania,  Columbia in it election process. 

The hatred that the political parties have created has allowed an opportunity for a coup, at least discord that is past the reason of law.

Civil war cannot be too far off if the reason of law is not followed. Wow. Imagine....such discord, 

LOL. No, there won’t be a coup. The left already tried it. 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Wtf do you want us to do?  

11 hours ago, Cinga said:

Typical Demonrat... Accuse the other side of stuff you have actually done... 

Nice how you go with a slang term.   

It's not just Democrats fed up with his lies and false promises. 

It's Independents and True Republicans fed up with this Reality TV heh hem star.  

All the fat man has to say is Yes.  If Biden wins the election he will walk away w/o issue.

Why is it so hard?    Because he thinks he won't lose? 

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Go smoke a joint yourself....  Or don't if you are.

If the Dem's don't steal the election,

He has ZERO proof of any substantial Voter Fraud.  if you call .003% substantial, the joke is on you. 

He was asked by a federal judge in PA to prove his claim.  No claim was offered. The Trump campaign and Republicans had refused to do so. ....

ahem...

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1309305580708859905

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wtf do you want us to do?  

Citizens need to be concerned about the integrity of elected officials. 

Time limits might help.

Maybe this is the result of the end if the draft? Citizens always put country first but the past couple of generations have not got same love of country.

It is a huge nation and little to unite it. 

Imagine the choices, a 78 yr old with limited capacity vs the ultimate con man liar from 375,000,000.

The chief justices have become politicians.

Where to start. All citizens must hold representatives to higher standards regardless of party politics.

Standards for politicians must be set. 

But seriously, I do not have answers, but have huge concern for the future of my neighbors.  I see a country ready to explode and facing a cliff. I lived through the anti war / draft protests of the 60/70....this us 100x that.

25 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Nice how you go with a slang term.   

It's not just Democrats fed up with his lies and false promises. 

It's Independents and True Republicans fed up with this Reality TV heh hem star.  

All the fat man has to say is Yes.  If Biden wins the election he will walk away w/o issue.

Why is it so hard?    Because he thinks he won't lose? 

Or...  All of the evidence that’s come to light that shows Obama was actually the first President in our nation’s history to not submit to a peaceful transition of power has emboldened Trump to let it be known that cheating will not go unchecked.  Especially since Trump is up against part of Obama’s regime and he knows what they’re capable of.

I never would have imagined seeing anything close to what I’ve read the last week, as evidence of the previous administration‘s corruption (that I voted for).  When I was making fun of what I thought was Trump’s ridiculous and outlandish accusations of a coup, being wire tapped or his concerns with Ukraine.  Yet here I am picking my jaw off the floor.

I’ve seen in person what the media has told us isn’t happening in the Pacific NW.

I’ve read the preliminary findings and reviewed the content myself.

I’ve revisited all of Trump’s earliest accusations against the former administration (much to my disgust).

Lastly, I’m taking personal inventory of my employer and her affiliations and weighing them against the internal communications (What I’m told) and external (what you are told).

There’s so much more I honestly wish I can share but we live in a time where I can’t.  People like never before are blinded by their partisanship.  It takes a tremendous amount of maturity and guts to step away from those you trust and review for yourself the facts.  Not the facts presented by a biased media, but the facts that aren’t shared for specific reasons.

I’m telling you as plainly as I can say it (without a shred of disrespect or indecency), I was wrong about my previous assumptions.   What’s to come is already being braced for.  Counter measures are frantically being played out.  There’s so much intentional disinformation being levied it’s sickening.  

You don’t have to believe me for a second, but it’s important you know that I was you 6 months ago and the place I’m coming from today is urgently telling others to “at least” review the content for yourself.  Your employment may not take you where mine has (allowing me to see it first-hand), but if you remove your affiliations to everything but truth (including what you think you know about Trump), I trust you’ll find a very different view of the Democratic Party, just as I have.

Edited by DFT
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Citizens need to be concerned about the integrity of elected officials. 

Time limits might help.

Maybe this is the result of the end if the draft? Citizens always put country first but the past couple of generations have not got same love of country.

It is a huge nation and little to unite it. 

Imagine the choices, a 78 yr old with limited capacity vs the ultimate con man liar from 375,000,000.

The chief justices have become politicians.

Where to start. All citizens must hold representatives to higher standards regardless of party politics.

Standards for politicians must be set. 

But seriously, I do not have answers, but have huge concern for the future of my neighbors.  I see a country ready to explode and facing a cliff. I lived through the anti war / draft protests of the 60/70....this us 100x that.

Exactly.

6 hours ago, DFT said:

Or...  All of the evidence that’s come to light that shows Obama was actually the first President in our nation’s history to not submit to a peaceful transition of power has emboldened Trump to let it be known that cheating will not go unchecked. 

No direct link....still.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DFT said:

Or...  All of the evidence that’s come to light that shows Obama was actually the first President in our nation’s history to not submit to a peaceful transition of power has emboldened Trump to let it be known that cheating will not go unchecked.  Especially since Trump is up against part of Obama’s regime and he knows what they’re capable of.

I never would have imagined seeing anything close to what I’ve read the last week, as evidence of the previous administration‘s corruption (that I voted for).  When I was making fun of what I thought was Trump’s ridiculous and outlandish accusations of a coup, being wire tapped or his concerns with Ukraine.  Yet here I am picking my jaw off the floor.

I’ve seen in person what the media has told us isn’t happening in the Pacific NW.

I’ve read the preliminary findings and reviewed the content myself.

I’ve revisited all of Trump’s earliest accusations against the former administration (much to my disgust).

Lastly, I’m taking personal inventory of my employer and her affiliations and weighing them against the internal communications (What I’m told) and external (what you are told).

There’s so much more I honestly wish I can share but we live in a time where I can’t.  People like never before are blinded by their partisanship.  It takes a tremendous amount of maturity and guts to step away from those you trust and review for yourself the facts.  Not the facts presented by a biased media, but the facts that aren’t shared for specific reasons.

I’m telling you as plainly as I can say it (without a shred of disrespect or indecency), I was wrong about my previous assumptions.   What’s to come is already being braced for.  Counter measures are frantically being played out.  There’s so much intentional disinformation being levied it’s sickening.  

You don’t have to believe me for a second, but it’s important you know that I was you 6 months ago and the place I’m coming from today is urgently telling others to “at least” review the content for yourself.  Your employment may not take you where mine has (allowing me to see it first-hand), but if you remove your affiliations to everything but truth (including what you think you know about Trump), I trust you’ll find a very different view of the Democratic Party, just as I have.

What has recently become revelations to you have been a topic of discussion here for years. The recent release of information is no surprise to many of us because we were led up to it over time. Kudos to our very own DR who started out in many of our minds as a nutty conspiracy theorist 3-4 years ago and steadfastly won many of us over and led to even more people digging into the allegations. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Exactly.

No direct link....still.

You’re entitled to your belief that there’s no direct link to the Obama administration.  However the evidence that’s been revealed over the last 72 hours AT LEAST, shows otherwise.  But again, read my post you quoted.  It takes a willful approach to go beyond your own disdain for that which is outside your party.   

The number of people that are CHOOSING to read these revelations in pursuit of the truth is growing, not dwindling.   Those that choose to skim because they can’t get past their own partisanship...  Well...  We’ll never agree unfortunately.  My post you quoted tells you my honest perspective of how my own due diligence and what I’ve personally seen is the reason for my transition.  The revelations in the last few days only affirm my choice (to me).   I don’t know what more any person has to see before being at least concerned.  But I know that Trump hatred has ABSOLUTELY been shown to outweigh sound judgement based off the facts.  

And rather argue or belabor each other’s stances, let’s just agree that neither of us are ready to agree.  You for your reasons (unstated- and no need to divulge) and me for my reasons - stated with no need to dive any further.)

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

What has recently become revelations to you have been a topic of discussion here for years. The recent release of information is no surprise to many of us because we were led up to it over time. Kudos to our very own DR who started out in many of our minds as a nutty conspiracy theorist 3-4 years ago and steadfastly won many of us over and led to even more people digging into the allegations. 

I was a silent observer for roughly 6 months, before chiming in.  I could not agree more that so much of what’s been shared has been incredible.  I commend DR and every contributor on PPP.  It took me seeing it to believe it, so I hold no ill will towards anyone who hasn’t themselves, and chooses otherwise.  I wish this was something that garnered more open-mindedness, but my path in life has taught me those with power are well-embedded in their efforts to keep it.   But I’m very happy to see what’s coming out, as it shows incredible validity in the “conspiracy theorists” that called foul 3 years ago.  I happily ridiculed those then.  Fortunately, I can’t unsee what I’ve seen so no going back from here!

🍻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DFT said:

I was a silent observer for roughly 6 months, before chiming in.  I could not agree more that so much of what’s been shared has been incredible.  I commend DR and every contributor on PPP.  It took me seeing it to believe it, so I hold no ill will towards anyone who hasn’t themselves, and chooses otherwise.  I wish this was something that garnered more open-mindedness, but my path in life has taught me those with power are well-embedded in their efforts to keep it.   But I’m very happy to see what’s coming out, as it shows incredible validity in the “conspiracy theorists” that called foul 3 years ago.  I happily ridiculed those then.  Fortunately, I can’t unsee what I’ve seen so no going back from here!

🍻

Let's not forget that many thought DR was a wacked out conspiracy nut with his Deep State takes.

Then the documents started coming out.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, GG said:

Let's not forget that many thought DR was a wacked out conspiracy nut with his Deep State takes.

Then the documents started coming out.

The world would be a better place if more people could swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake.  Unfortunately, it’s been my (albeit limited) experience here that those that should, are too invested in their own pride (and partisanship) to honestly even care if they’re wrong.   Boy, if that doesn’t define our country right now.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DFT said:

The world would be a better place if more people could swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake.  Unfortunately, it’s been my (albeit limited) experience here that those that should, are too invested in their own pride (and partisanship) to honestly even care if they’re wrong.   Boy, if that doesn’t define our country right now.   

Look at it from this perspective, there are still many on this board who are convinced that Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, and EJ Manuel were legit NFL QBs, whose development was unfairly derailed.

Edited by GG
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1