Move Dodson into the starting LB's?

I am not talking about because of injury....I mean when everyone is healthy.

I was REALLY impressed with Dodson first half of this game......what do ppl think of starting him over Klien when Edmunds and Milano come back.

Myself....and its extremely early.....but I am scouting 1st round LB's at the will position in this next year's draft.

After Milano’s most recent injury here, I’m not nuts about him re-signing for $13-15M/year when he’s unavailable. If Dodson proves he can fill the spot....

Injuries happen, especially to LBs. But I think we can probably replace and maybe upgrade his spot via the draft. There’s only so much to go around and Dawkins & Tre inked and Josh and Edmunds are due soon. Choices have to be made.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 3

I thought he looked good. It's still early, though. I don't think he's won any spots. Pretty much a wash between him and Klein.

2 minutes ago, UConn James said:

After Milano’s most recent injury here, I’m not nuts about him re-signing for $13-15M/year when he’s unavailable.

Injuries happen, especially to LBs. But I think we can probably replace and maybe upgrade his spot via the draft. There’s only so much to go around and Dawkins & Tre inked and Josh and Edmunds are due soon. Choices have to be made.

how many games has he missed in his career?

At this point Milano is clear starter material and a playmaker in this defense. And I think he loves the Bills. If they can get a reasonable deal done, I think he and Edmunds are a very valuable pairing.

• Like (+1) 6

I think Klein is takin a little too much beating here. He is who he is, this is what they signed. Good work ethic, good instincts, good football player. We are very spoiled seeing Edmunds and Milano out there and the speed they bring, Klein ain’t never been fast. We don’t generally have use for 3 starting caliber linebackers given the nickel so Klein was a smart signing since he’s a vet and can help out when needed at basically all 3 spots. 
If Milano is staying they’ll just continue to invest some draft capital on backups, if not we’d obviously need to hit on a free agent or higher draft pick to replace Milano. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It is early....but so far Dodson looks much more violent and more of a playmaker then Klein

In one game where they had different assignments. Both looked strong in run support, but obviously don't have the same range as Edmunds and Milano.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying you're not right yet. I don't think he's earned anything after this one game and the starters will likely be back this week.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

In one game where they had different assignments. Both looked strong in run support, but obviously don't have the same range as Edmunds and Milano.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying you're not right yet. I don't think he's earned anything after this one game and the starters will likely be back this week.

Lets hop our starters are back....I really hope that the plan was to get past Miami because we had a much tougher test in the Rams coming up

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Our defense is fairly average when Milano is out. Let’s not run him out of town yet. 

No one wants to run Milano out of town that's for sure.  He may leave for big money.

While it's true Milano is the biggest $ UFA the Bills have there is a lot of other guys to sign/replace this off season.

It will end up being a money decision and nobody is happy about it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No one wants to run Milano out of town that's for sure.  He may leave for big money.

While it's true Milano is the biggest $ UFA the Bills have there is a lot of other guys to sign/replace this off season.

It will end up being a money decision and nobody is happy about it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

He a nice player and all. $13 mil per year? Jaylin Smith money? I’m not sure I see that 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure he wants what he can get as most do, nothing wrong with that. I just dropped the jaw at the value estimate and comps 

I generally agree with Spotrac a lot on valuations but I think they were way off on his.

It will be the most interesting off season negotiations by far.

I think we need to see more from Dodson.  I was listening to one of the Bills reporters post game.  They thought that Dodson’s plays at first glance might look better than it will when watching the game film.  The middle of the field was open a lot and you have to put that on the LB’s.  I think he shows potential but I need to see more