Bills have weapons to be elite offense

14 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

The two main reasons in my opinion for sammy not working out is that we didn't have a great coach and didn't have a very good QB.  If you want to attach a 3rd reason to that I think that Buffalo still wasn't an attractive town.  Things have changed and I think if he were here now it would be a different mindset. 

I totally agree that the coach and QB were poor.  But I will add a third reason:  Sam was a selfish prick who quit on his team.

Comparing Kelce to Knox? That's a huge reach. And then Allen to Mahomes is obviously a wide gulf.

But the biggest difference is Andy Reid's play calling. That dude comes up with some nifty misdirection and interesting designs. He uses motion well. He uses screens well. Daboll isn't anywhere near that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Weapons are meaningless unless u ou have the QB. Its all on Allen

No need to say anything more.

You can stockpile all the elite WRs you want.  They can't throw the ball to themselves.

It's part of why Sammy didn't do squat as a Bill.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Bills running backs have shown promise, but they don't have the game-breaking speed and quickness that Edwards-Helaire showed last night.  

Singletary and Moss can do much of what we saw last night.  They’re all similar.  Singletary is more slippery.  Fast as he may be, Edwards-Helaire’s longest run last night was 27 yards.  You’ve seen Motor do that and more last season.  Most backs are not making 60-70 yard TD runs on the regular.   I don’t get why Bills fans continue to discount him.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

Comparing Kelce to Knox? That's a huge reach. And then Allen to Mahomes is obviously a wide gulf.

But the biggest difference is Andy Reid's play calling. That dude comes up with some nifty misdirection and interesting designs. He uses motion well. He uses screens well. Daboll isn't anywhere near that.

Ppl always forget how much of an impact Reid has on how well Mahomes plays. he created an offense perfectly tailored around his QB. Meanwhile Daboll constantly puts Allen under immense pressure during games and has no clue how to develop proper gameplans 

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I think the Bills come up a little short pretty much all the way around in that comparison. 

Maybe the wideouts are a push, but even there, I think there's some quickness and speed in KC that Buffalo doesn't quite match. 

Tight end isn't a discussion. 

Bills running backs have shown promise, but they don't have the game-breaking speed and quickness that Edwards-Helaire showed last night.  

Allen may prove to be the better QB over 15 years, but if you're picking a QB for 2020, it's Mahomes.  

Offensive lines, I don't know, but KC looked awfully good. 

Offensive coaching - Reid.  Their overall team quickness and creativity if way ahead of where the Bills are right now.  

KC was really well prepared, and they have weapons.  

The fact that you’re even conceding a push with the WR Corp of the super bowl champs is a good sign. 

I’m as excited as the rest of you, but to say our skill players are elite is premature.  I’m not going to break down every position, but just wait and see.  Will Knox hold onto the ball?  Will Diggs and Allen gel?  Will Brown repeat that 1000 yard season last year?  Will Moss meet the high expectations we have to compliment Singletary and will Singletary although a little overblown, lower the fumbles?  Will the line hold up and will Ford do well if he is our Guard and will whoever they slot at RT hold up as well?  

How about we save any claims of being elit until we get 11 wins under our belt with an average of over 350 yards passing a game and an avg. of 120 yard rushing?

The biggest difference between the offenses of the Chiefs and the Bills is the fact that the Chiefs have proven high level producers at several spots where Buffalo has developing players or payers that have some level of question about their ultimate ceilings.  Knox, as a tight end, possesses a high level all around skill set, but he's no where near the proven commodity that Kelce is.  Of course the biggest single difference is at QB.  Allen, as we all know, possesses high level arm talent and athleticism, but he has had that inconsistency in his game where he misses throws he ought to make, and of course last year his deep ball accuracy was gone.  Mahomes has the arm strength and athleticism, but he makes far fewer mistakes and bad throws.  Obviously, the biggest key for improvement in the entire offense is Josh Allen elevating his game.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

If we're being honest, here, I think we can all agree that Knox pretty much sucked last year.

I love the kid and I think he's going to be a great TE.  But comparing him to Kelce in any way with regard to being and NFL TE shouldn't even happen.

And as much as I am not a Sam fan, the Chiefs were able to push the right buttons to make him play as well as we all hoped he would in Buffalo.  I think most would take him over Brown in a heartbeat.

KC is better in every way, starting with coaching - and it's not close.

I'm glad we have the opportunity to prove otherwise in 5 or so weeks.

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Or until we average more than 19 PPG

Scott, correct so let’s say an average 27 pts./game.  Better?  You’re like my TSW autocorrect.  😇👍👌✌️😎🙃👹👏🤘

All kidding aside, I couldn’t t agree more.  Top 10-12 Offense and top 3 defense again.  Even better.  Against this schedule, that will be an accomplishment.