Anthony Lynn Kept BILLS Binders ...

Merle

Check out Lynn's bookshelves in the background of this vid cap from this week's "Hard Knocks - Los Angeles" episode.   And if you look closely, it appears that the red binders on the top-left of that same shelf may have the Bills logo as well ...  ???

LynnWithBillsBinders2.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Merle said:

Check out Lynn's bookshelves in the background of this vid cap from this week's "Hard Knocks - Los Angeles" episode.   And if you look closely, it appears that the red binders on the top-left of that same shelf may have the Bills logo as well ...  ???

There are different logos on each binder. Odds are they were specific Buffalo Bills game plans relative to that team whose logo is on there. It makes sense since he's got the same QB and plays some of the same teams/coaches/schemes.

Edited by 716er
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 716er said:

There are different logos on each binder. Odds are they were specific Buffalo Bills game plans relative to that team whose logo is on there. It makes sense since he's got the same QB and plays some of the same teams/coaches/schemes.

That makes sense ... I guess I'm just surprised that they let coaches walk out with what would seemingly be "proprietary intel" when they are let go.   The first thing players have to do when they are cut is turn in their play book ....

• Like (+1) 2

I can condense a lot of that data for him. TT passes incomplete, TT tries to throw a dump off incomplete, TT runs for 6 yards, Punt. Its like playing a song on the guitar, the notes never change and the song stays the same. Lynn has to know that his WR's will have a revolt at week 5. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I can condense a lot of that data for him. TT passes incomplete, TT tries to throw a dump off incomplete, TT runs for 6 yards, Punt. Its like playing a song on the guitar, the notes never change and the song stays the same. Lynn has to know that his WR's will have a revolt at week 5. 

Honestly it's part of a pretty calculated plan. Put TT in there to take the pressure off of the rookie for the first 4-7 weeks. Then once the season looks lost you toss the rookie in there for the back 11-9 games. I think in this weird type of Covid season it is probably best you don't toss a rookie in there if you don't have to. I love TT and I think if you have a great team around him he can manage you to double digit wins easily. But the Chargers while they aren't a bad team they aren't going to be able to carry bad QB play that well.

Another shot from the same Hard Knocks episode shows he also has kept a bunch of information from his days with the NY Jets as well .....

I especially like the one titled "2012 Offensive Offseason Playbook"!  😉

LynnWithJetsBinders.jpg

Edited by Merle
update
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Coaching is all about looking like you're prepared...until they find out you're not. Then you move on to become the Jets' next head coach.

He will probably be going back to being a OC just like Gase should. If what I think will happen to the Jets and Chargers this year actually happens then both will be lucky to be RB position coaches. I see both teams starting out 1-4. 

1 hour ago, Merle said:

Good eye man. I didn't even notice that while watching it. Detective Merle over here haha

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Merle said:

That makes sense ... I guess I'm just surprised that they let coaches walk out with what would seemingly be "proprietary intel" when they are let go.   The first thing players have to do when they are cut is turn in their play book ....

his own playbook is a bit different than joe special teamer taking it to his next stop 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Honestly it's part of a pretty calculated plan. Put TT in there to take the pressure off of the rookie for the first 4-7 weeks. Then once the season looks lost you toss the rookie in there for the back 11-9 games. I think in this weird type of Covid season it is probably best you don't toss a rookie in there if you don't have to. I love TT and I think if you have a great team around him he can manage you to double digit wins easily. But the Chargers while they aren't a bad team they aren't going to be able to carry bad QB play that well.

double digits wins easily is a stretch. I don't see him winning more than 8 games, 9 with some lucky bounces

Just now, uticaclub said:

double digits wins easily is a stretch. I don't see him winning more than 8 games, 9 with some lucky bounces

If Tyrod was on the Jags in 2017 when they had that elite defense and decent pieces on offense I could have easily seen him guiding a team like that to 10+ wins consistently. He doesn't turn the ball over, makes plays with his legs and can do just enough to manage a game in the check down department. But the Chargers are far from an elite team, they are more of a middling team and mediocre QB play with that roster in a recipe for 5-6 wins.

Well he was interim coach after Rex was canned, so he was the last guy out the door before a whole new regime came in.  So its unlikely any cares what he took with him.  McDermott re-started from zero

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 2

It's a bit surprising to me, but I'm going to suggest this is standard operating procedure in the NFL coaching community.

If it wasn't, he would probably be smart enough to purchase some blank binders and keep that stuff on the low down.

• Like (+1) 2