If/when fans are allowed back in the stadium, what will the process be to score some tickets?

Brennan Huff

Anyone have any idea how it’s going to work? Potentially the first home game to allow fans will be the Thursday night game against Kansas City. This game will obviously be huge. I know season tickets holders will get fist dibs, but how will the process go? I know for concerts they give you a day and a time to log into Ticketmaster and you wait in line for your turn....

Edited by Brennan Huff

IF they allow fans for that game (which won’t happen, just being honest), capacity would be extremely limited.

I wonder if they would do an exclusive sale for STH’ers where you log onto TM with a code they give you (similar to presales that many bands do) and you’re able to purchase tickets if you so desire.  With the scraps getting released to the masses a few days later.

It will be limited to those who kept their ticket credit and did not ask for refunds. Sorry if you got a refund but they made that part pretty clear.

Nothing beyond that. I have to believe there will be a seniority draft for tickets, probably limited to groups of 4 max. My guess is all STHers will be able to see two regular season games. I'd also be willing to bet they won't allow reselling of tickets. Use em or lose em.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It will be limited to those who kept their ticket credit and did not ask for refunds. Sorry if you got a refund but they made that part pretty clear.

Nothing beyond that. I have to believe there will be a seniority draft for tickets, probably limited to groups of 4 max. My guess is all STHers will be able to see two regular season games. I'd also be willing to bet they won't allow reselling of tickets. Use em or lose em.

I took the credit. Idk why anyone would take the refund

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I took the credit. Idk why anyone would take the refund

People that were out of work could probably use the money.  Myself, I took the credit and have them still taking payments. (It’s not automated, I have to email my rep each month)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bingo ^^

I spoke with my rep about this. In order to be eligible to purchase tickets, you have to have committed some amount of money towards your season tickets (could have as little as $20). At that point, a subset of tickets will be made available for purchase, starting with those who have the highest seniority (similar to relocating your tickets in the offseason). Beyond that, when I asked about the # of tickets you can purchase/how many games you can attend/where you'll be sitting, he said that was still TBD and wasn't yet sure. 

Edited by junior12thman92

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

IF they allow fans for that game (which won’t happen, just being honest), capacity would be extremely limited.

I wonder if they would do an exclusive sale for STH’ers where you log onto TM with a code they give you (similar to presales that many bands do) and you’re able to purchase tickets if you so desire.  With the scraps getting released to the masses a few days later.

I expect the issue of allowing fans into home games will be punted, a few games at a time, further down the schedule all season long.

When the smoke clears, I think we will have seen that NO fans were allowed at ANY home games this year.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Anyone have any idea how it’s going to work? Potentially the first home game to allow fans will be the Thursday night game against Kansas City. This game will obviously be huge. I know season tickets holders will get fist dibs, but how will the process go? I know for concerts they give you a day and a time to log into Ticketmaster and you wait in line for your turn....

saints plan is to cycle through season ticket holders every 2-3 games based on limited capacity but also opt out. Seats not guaranteed to be equivalent to existing but I’d imagine they will try to keep comparable. You will get an email saying “these are your games and seats” at some point along the way essentially 

I would not bank on individual ticket sales or much choice in the matter. 

Edited by NoSaint

I would think if your not a season ticket holder, your not Gert ng a chance for tickets. If your a season ticket holder who took a refund you make get a chance at a game or 2 if lucky. If your a season ticket holder who took the credit, your getting first dibs but probably only for the amount season tickets you hold. If you have 4 seats, you will have a chance at 4 seats what will be deducted from your credit. I would also think they will be cracking down on resale and not allow it. If you can't attend the game, they will offer the tickets to the next in line.

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/options-for-fans-still-looking-to-see-the-bills-in-person-this-season/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2w3NOG8cl3GJ4rBYq2_Am3qa09oave2lonuD7rIoO16U_u6QP03oAuR3A

New York State guidance for professional sporting events currently requires they be played without fans in the stands. It’s unclear whether the state would seriously consider lifting that restriction by the time the NFL season ends.

“We’re just listening to the experts,” Hochul said. “We have not been through a pandemic before. We have to listen to the medical experts.”

It ain’t happening this season folks... pack it in.

While I'm sure many will believe Bills fans will be different, the word is for the two games letting some fans attend Week 1, the expectation is that fewer will attend than are allowed. Maybe expected from J-Ville but not KC. The secondary market has tickets below face value as well:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/09/teams-planning-for-fans-may-have-fewer-than-expected/

6 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Did we just become best friends!?!?!

Yep!

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

While I'm sure many will believe Bills fans will be different, the word is for the two games letting some fans attend Week 1, the expectation is that fewer will attend than are allowed. Maybe expected from J-Ville but not KC. The secondary market has tickets below face value as well:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/09/teams-planning-for-fans-may-have-fewer-than-expected/

I will gladly sit beside a group of strangers during a pandemic and pay handsomely for it as well. The home opener is like Christmas morning for me as an adult. 

• Like (+1) 1