YoloinOhio

Who will win the AFC North this year?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. AFC North Winner

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns

I went with Pittsburgh. I think there's a lot on film on Lamar Jackson now and teams have had time to figure some things out. He'll still be effective but not to the same extent as last year. Big Ben is back and all reports are that he is healthy. They'll push the Ravens for the top slot this year. Both teams will make the playoffs but I'm giving the Steelers the edge.

1 hour ago, Stenbar said:

I went with Cleveland, taking a shot that their QB puts it together and their defense plays up to their potential. 

I don't know about Mayfield. Granted he had a great rookie year and got some big time commercial deals out of it. I'm thinking that after this season the only commercials you're going to see him on will be for products like Mr Pillow and Shamwow.

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I don't know about Mayfield. Granted he had a great rookie year and got some big time commercial deals out of it. I'm thinking that after this season the only commercials you're going to see him on will be for products like Mr Pillow and Shamwow.

Agree, Cleveland never had a chance. That locker room has such a volatile mix of personalities, none of whom have ever won in the NFL. Talent doesn’t matter when you have a QB with questionable leadership skills and no maturity. Any chance that Mayfield had to be a good QB was tossed away when Beckham, Hunt, and that circus came to town last year. The offseason accolades last year likely fed into that arrogant egotistical part of Mayfield you don’t want to feed. Mayfield is a more restrained version of Manziel. Not as much off field drama, and a better skill set, but I question his work ethic when things get tough. Cleveland is the ultimate “anti-process” team. Talent doesn’t matter when you have zero character on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely going with Baltimore. They have talent all over their roster, and I think Pittsburgh get overrated just by being Pittsburgh. I don’t think we’ll see the Big Ben of old. The injury concerns with him are quite real at this point. Having an entire year off isn’t going to do Ben any favors imo. He also doesn’t have Brown or Bell these days, but I could be wrong. I actually like where the Bengals are headed more than the Steelers at this point. Lamar Jackson might get “figured out” somewhat, but a lesser version of Jackson would still be great. I think too many people here are predicting Jackson’s downfall, and expecting Big Ben of the early 2010’s to come back. Just because Big Ben is “a real QB” in the eyes of some, doesn’t mean Jackson isn’t the better QB right now. 

Edited by SirAndrew

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went with Steelers. I just have a feeling they are going to be good if Ben is healthy. I think the bengals are a sleeper team in this division. I believe in joe Burrow as the real deal and he has weapons and a last place schedule. 

I, too, chose the Steelers.  I agree that Ben's health is obviously the key.  I think the blueprint has been written (primarily by the Bills) for how to stop a Lamar Jackson-led offense and we see significant regression.

I think the Ravens will come down to Earth this year, but I still think they win the division.

The Bengals could surprise, but not that quickly.

The Browns are better, but not the best.

The Steelers are tough on defense, but I question just how good Roethlisberger will be.